Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Petition HTC an Verizon to unlock our bootloader!

OP The Archangel

1st October 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,762

5,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
I created this http://www.change.org/petitions/htc-...lte-bootloader. to petition the unlock of the bootloader. We can't just sign a petition an pray for it to happen. We must get on their Facebook, twitter an any social media site they have pressuring them into this. Don't go post "hey assholes unlock our device", that won't help, just makes you look stupid! Post on their something like "I've been with you since 2005,long time customer, but you locking my device down in unacceptable! If this isn't fixed shortly I will leave for another company!" stuff like that over an over will get their attention. At the same time spread the word of the site an the unfairness of both the companies.

It's time to rise up an show them, without us, they are nothing!

Some extra info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post32332265

a few other notes:
if anyone has some suggestion,like change this or other stuff. bring it up here,so we can all discuss it. this is a community.even though the petition has my name on it,its all for you guys. so if their isnt something in it you dont like,well didnt i say bring it up?? lets all work together on this.

If anyone has heard back from either company, please share it here with everyone.

I might delete some comments in the future, just to showcase responses back from people or other stuff. It's not personal .

10/1/2012:
Thanks to mdmower,I added his revised version for the petition. I'll admit his looks better then mine.
Last edited by The Archangel; 7th October 2012 at 11:36 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 212

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower

Include the HTC Incredible 4G LTE in HTCdev's unlockable bootloader program

Upon release of the HTC Incredible 4G LTE, HTCdev included the phone in its unlockable bootloader program. Within a matter [of] days, the phone was removed from the program, presumably at the request of Verizon Wireless. There is no clear reason as to why this phone was removed from the program, as users of the bootloader unlock suffered no ill effects.

This petition is being put forth to both HTCdev and Verizon Wireless to request that the HTC [Droid] Incredible 4G LTE be reinstated into the unlockable bootloader program. Support of open development drives innovation and sales. HTC's software developers can learn from the developer community while Verizon Wireless can benefit from end-users upgrading/renewing their plans to take advantage of this new phone. Furthermore, this simple act would incline users to recommend both HTC products and Verizon Wireless service in the future.

Inclusion of the HTC Incredible 4G LTE into HTCdev's unlockable bootloader program is in the best interest of HTC, Verizon Wireless, and end-users. Please take action on this matter as soon as possible.

That is well put. I would gladly sign that petition.
1st October 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 9

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon59

That is well put. I would gladly sign that petition.

Agreed. This is similar to the letter I wrote to the regional prez for VZW covering South Carolina. Granted mine was 3 pages long and covered individual issues I've had with VZW. Of course I never got a reply.
Last edited by PsyberEMT; 1st October 2012 at 06:20 PM.
1st October 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

455 posts
Signed. Recived another letter from Verizon that was the exact one I recived before.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Signed
1st October 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Virginia beach

5,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
Op updating
1st October 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Columbia, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,041

818 posts
More
The several posts that were deleted were on-topic and showed contribution from the community to writing/revising this petition, I don't see why they were removed. This also eliminated the possibility of thanking users for various contributions. I'm new to posting on XDA, and now I'm missing out on any opportunity to add to my thanks meter.

The OP's petition still retains the old petition letter below the description. I initially thought these would be non-editable so I created a separate petition (really, I'm surprised that a petition author can change the letter AFTER signatures have been added, but change.org seems to allow this). I now see that the OP can in fact edit all aspects of the petition (except maybe the url), and so users should sign that when it is completely updated.
Last edited by mdmower; 1st October 2012 at 11:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #7  

139 posts
More
signed.

but should it say "HTC and Verizon" not "an" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to squeezyb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Virginia beach

5,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys please read the op over again. I currently stated that some posts would be deleted, it's in order to show who signed an has heard back from either company.

I will be adding to the op who has helped an stuff, just please bare with me on this. I have a lot going on with xda.
2nd October 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #9  

455 posts
Here is what i Got from VZW. I talked to Scott today and he offered me a different device saying that the letter states VZW's stance on the bootloader being unlocked. He actually started the offer with a Galaxy S3 and I said Rezound if I was going to do that. It was for a certified used device with cover and battery. He said my plan and everything would stay the same. He gave me until Friday for the offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Response.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1368869  
Last edited by tjamscad; 2nd October 2012 at 02:57 AM.
2nd October 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,368

3,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjamscad

Here is what i Got from VZW. I talked to Scott today and he offered me a different device saying that the letter states VZW's stance on the bootloader being unlocked.

BULLCRAP!!!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo101t

bullcrap!!!

sounds to me like we'll never get unlock. If this holds true

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread