If this information is helpful, please Rate the thread 5 Stars and click Thanks! Or consider donating
And thanks for feedback!
-=Ultimate Jar Power Tools=- (Smali Patcher Script) & -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (Fully Automated - .exe/.bat/.sh formats)
This is for patching services.jar on ALL Android ROMS - Froyo and up! (Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS, Jelly Bean AND Sense 4.0+)
Important Update! services.jar Patching is now FULLY Ultimatic!
Deodex and ODEX Supported! Windows and Linux and Mac OSX!
-=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (zip or exe) attached to this post. Full Instructions are in Step 2A.
So now it's this easy: 1. Run V6 SuperCharger, 2. Run Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools (Good for ANY OS), 3. SuperClean and Reboot... THAT'S IT!
Attenion Devs: You can freely modify your services.jar with my script and package it in your ROM.
Just be sure to give proper credit and link to this thread. Thank You.
Repackaging of this mod with other tweak or mod packages is stricly prohibited.
Many of you already know that SuperCharging ICS and Jelly Bean requires the patching of services.jar.
That's where this all began...
Since I was already modding services.jar, other things came up that "needed" hacking... lol
The patcher script, formerly known as "Jelly ISCream Smali Patcher" has now grown beyond the scope of the V6 SuperCharger thread and warrants it's own home
Plus, it includes perhaps the biggest thing since SuperCharger...
It Makes Your Big Ass RAM MultiTask A Ton - And Then Some!
So what's included?
Mod 1. Jelly ISCream for ICS and Jelly Bean. This will SuperCharge Your Home Launcher and ADJ/OOM Priorities! Bonus: You pick launcher strength! There's some info on that here.
Mod 2. Maximum MultiTasking Mods for Froyo and above has 2 parts.
a. -=Maximum Overdrive=- This lets you run up to 70 hidden apps instead of the default 15 (RAM permitting) without breaking the lowmemorykiller!
Why only 15 by default? See the google groups link in Post 2
b. Time Killer Killer. This tries to bypass the 30 minute service inactivity limit by increasing it to 24 hours ;^]
Huge thanks to dorimanx from XDA Forums for ideas and the initial mod to bypass the lowmemorykiller for greater multitasking
Mod 3. Non-Sense App Limit for Sense 4 and above (Not needed for Sense 3.6 and below).
This eliminates additional restrictions introduced with Sense 4.
a. Visible tasks increased from 8 apps to 50 (RAM permitting)
b. Something called "HTC Recent App Fusion" is rendered a non-factor.
The Non-Sense App Limit Mod was born in the EVO 4G LTE forums... see this thread for the groundwork and continued testing.
For assistance, testing and support, thanks to: il Duce, jeffsanace, steal25, bog3nator, fernando sor, mrlakadaddy, SteelH
Bonus Sense Mod: Unlimited Recent Apps Panels by steal25.
By default, the recent apps panel will only show 8 apps.
I tried and failed to do it - but at least I was able to help him break a 16 panel barrier to make it Unlimited
Mods 2 and 3 (where applicable) let you use your RAM to its Fullest MultiTasking Potential!!
Don't worry about if you can't run that many apps at once - the lowmemorykiller will kick in according to your minfrees...
Increase the minfree values for more free ram... Lower them for more multitasking
I strongly recommend using V6 SuperCharger in conjunction with these mods in order to tweak the minfrees, but more importantly, take advantage of its OOM grouping fixes
The OOM grouping fixes will help ensure that the higher, supercharged ADJs won't result in an overly-aggressive lowmemorykiller.
So if do these mods and enjoy multitasking improvement without using V6 SuperCharger's grouping fix - it's even better with SuperCharger!
Get it HERE
Note: Do this at your own risk - regardless of how little risk there is .
............ Do a nandroid but simply reflashing your ROM or restoring services.jar will remove it.
1. Rooted Android Device.
2. Script Manager or Terminal Emulator to run the script. Stock ROMs can also use SM to load up boot scripts!
3. Busybox v1.16.2 OR ABOVE. You can use any of the ones attached to V6 SuperCharger OP which contain a Feature Rich busybox v1.19.4 by wraithdu (CWM flashable.zip, "Normal" Installation script by me and one which reinstalls BusyBox on EACH boot by me.)
Grab the SuperCharger Starter Kit and have busybox plus other tools (fixed su binary, zipalign binary and sqlite3 binary) installed instantly!
BusyBox WARNING: Some versions are "minimal" with many missing applets and functions! I also find v1.18.3, v1.18.4 and 1.185 VERY much a hassle with errors that should NOT be errors! Avoid any such versions! Minimal is BAD!
4. Java must be installed on your computer - Click to Verify Java Installation
5. Device drivers must be installed on your computer (so ADB works) - You can search XDA for "naked drivers" which seems to work for most devices.
Installation - Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Installation is the same as explained in Post 2 of the SuperCharger thread. I won't go into all the gory/smali details again so refer to that for the most part.
But this is the rundown.
Necessary Smali Files Patched:
Froyo and up - ActivityManagerService.smali (Mod 2)
ICS and Jelly Bean - ActivityManagerService.smali and ProcessList.smali (Mods 1 and 2)
Sense 4 and above - ActivityManagerService.smali, ProcessList.smali (Mods 1, 2 and 3)
You get the smali files after decompiling services.jar (In Step 2 Below)
But that doesn't even matter if you choose Option 2A or 2C since those are automatic methods
1. Run the NEWEST V6 SuperCharger script as always.
2. Patch and install services.jar by whichever method you like best.
Note: All options below require Java to be installed on your computer - Click to Verify Java Installation
Option A) Use one of the attached -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=- (exe or zip) which DO EVERYTHING for you "Fully Ultimatically" on DEODEX & ODEX ROMS!
These will do both Deodex AND Odex ROMS too!
Automation tools: ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.bat (Windows) and ultimatic_jar_patcher_adb.sh (Linux/Mac OSX)
Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC5
latest smali/baksmali v1.4.1
adb (Windows/Linux/Mac OSX)
some GNU utilities/binaries (Windows)
dexopt-wrapper (used for ODEX roms)
For Android device: busybox, android debugging turned on, charge only mode when plugged into computer.
For Computer: Java installed (for baksmali/smali), device drivers (so ADB works)
Windows - use either the Ultimatic*.exe or the zip's ultimatic*.bat file - Windows exe is NOT zipped. Just remove the .zip extension!
Actually, if you have windows cygwin installed, you can even use the zip's ultimatic*.sh file lol
Linux or Mac OSX - use the zip's ultimatic*.sh file
Download attachment to your PC: zip file? - extract to a folder; exe file? - remove the zip extension
How to run -=Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools=-
1. Connect your Android to your PC with Android Debugging ENABLED and Mass Storage DISABLED so your device has access to your sdcard. I just put it in Charge Only mode...
2. Windows: Run either the zip's *.bat or the attached *.exe
If running the exe, you can put a different ultimate jar power tools script version in the same folder and it will use that one otherwise it uses the embedded version!
If you have cygwin installed, you can even use the zip's *.sh file at the cygwin prompt.
Linux/Mac OSX: run the zip's *.sh file
Just be sure to read everything and answer Yes or No as is your preference.
Example: The script allows you to choose the level of your Launcher's Super Strength! (BulletProof, Die-Hard, or Hard To Kill)
And if you don't know how to run exes or batch files or shell scripts... then MOVE ALONG... please... god please do move along...)
3. Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools will:
- pull services.jar/services.odex
- decompile services.jar/services.odex
- run Ultimate Jar Power Tools and apply the patches that you pick
- recompile services.jar with a new classes.dex (deodex roms)
- re-odex services.jar and make a new services.odex (odexed roms)
- install services.jar/services.odex to /system/framework and set permissions
4. Don't be stupid and READ what the hell is going on, OK?
Otherwise... Option B below is the next preferred method - but there's manual work involved.
Option B) Follow the complete I SCream SUPERCHARGER!! Tutorial and use the attached -=Ultimate Jar Power Tools=- script to automate Step 5 - the actual smali editing!
Example: The script allows you to choose the level of your Launcher's Super Strength! (BulletProof, Die-Hard, or Hard To Kill)
Also be sure to have the necessary smali files in the same folder as the script!
ODEX ROMS - ALL Stock ROMS are ODEX (I think... ) So if you have a services.odex file, press the button!
See [Guide][Batch][Odex Rom only!] To get another 50% v6 Supercharged script for ICS!
So you'd run the batch script, and for the editing, run my Ultimate Jar Power Tools patcher script in Step 5
3. SuperClean & ReStart! (ie. Wipe Dalvik Cache & Reboot)
How do I know if it worked?
Mod 1. Run the latest V6 SuperCharger script and it will tell you if your launcher is SuperCharged!
Mods 2 and 3. Install System Tuner and put the widget on the desktop.
Make note of how many apps the widget shows running after running a whole bunch of apps.
It would look like ##/##
So feel free to post before and after screen shots!
Another Test for Maximum Overdrive - Install aLogcat, before and after the mod, run as many apps as you can, run aLogcat and search for longer.
Example Before and After....
Notice how there is very little killing activity after the mod?
But more importantly, notice that before the mod, app #16 gets killed. After the mod, app #71 gets killed.
Because max hidden apps went from 15 to 70
Note that you will likely see a blank screen after the mod, that means you never hit the app limit so nothing got killed
Thanks to Elloco305 for the above screen caps
Important! Patch only unmodded services.jars/odex this time!
- Added - 100% Offline Mode on Windows! Windows batch/exe can patch services.jar sitting in the patch_this folder This option is only for deodex roms!
- Easier - No longer need build.prop for offline patching of services.jar (since api level not needed on deodex roms after all )
- Enhance - ODEX Support - If it fails at making a new ODEX in /system/framework, it then tries the sdcard method.
- Tweaked - Code/Interface/Messages to user ALOT!
Updated Dec 25, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC9
Important! Patch only unmodded files this time!
- Improved - Multitasking Mod on 4.2+ ROMS. Max hidden apps got split up - 2/3 of the total goes to empty apps and 1/3 goto hidden apps - I reversed it (why have more empty apps than hidden apps?) so now you get 1/3 empty apps and 2/3 hidden apps.
- Improved - Time Killer Killer - 4.2+ added max empty time - I bumped that up from 30 minutes to 24hrs (just like inactivity time)
- Tweaked - Code ALOT! Syntax stuff but more importantly, more cohesive edits.
- Removed - A few changes to ActivityManagerServcie.smali which, in the end, weren't needed.
- Added - A few changes to ActivityManagerServcie.smali for a much smoother mod!
- Enhanced - Interface a bit
Updated Dec 7, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC5
- Added - Offline Mode! *.sh version (*nix PCs & Mac OSX) can be 100% offline - just put services.jar and build.prop in the new patch_this folder. This options is only for deodex roms!
- Added - Quasi Offline Mode! Windows batch/exe can patch services.jar sitting in the patch_this folder but still needs to be hooked up to Android device for editing the smali files - so it's like 95% offline for now This option is only for deodex roms!
- Added - Better backup! If you're installing services.jar, it makes a backup on the sdcard so that V6 SuperCharger can find it... so you can unsupercharge or use the Jelly ISCream Parlor to restore the original
- Added - Logging!
- Added - Special effect on startup!
- Tweaked - Code ALOT! Better odex support and geeky code stuff
- Tweaked - Interface and message ALOT!
- Learned - That if/else conditions in batch files are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS! <- see? it's purple!
Updated Dec 7, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC8
- Tweaked - Code
- Enhanced - Interface a bit
Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC4
- Fixed!? - Compatibility with ODEX ROMS ( I really think this is it!) Now performs dexopt-wrapper (to create services.odex in /system instead of the sdcard
Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC3
- Tweaked - Code - better Mac OSX support
- Fixed - odex bug where dexopt-wrapper would fail if there already was a /sdcard/services.odex file
- Changed - Endoding of the windows batch file... it may have been the problem... hopefully it's THE fix...
Updated Nov 28, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC7
- Improved/Tweaked - Code. 100% GREAT for Jelly Bean 2 (hey, it has MORE limits... must hack more stuffz... but I did add one already...)
- Added - Another tweak to JB 4.20... it has a new MAX_EMPTY_TIME value of 30 minutes... so added to the Time Killer Killer... so made MAX_EMPTY_TIME 24 hrs as well lol
Updated Nov 27, 2012: - Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC2
- Tweaked - Interface ALOT!
- Tweaked - Code ALOT!
- Added - Choice to try and relaunch adb as root
- Enhanced - Information/tips to user
Updated Nov 27, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC6
- Improved/Tweaked - Code for more new devices.
- Changed - Non-Sense Mod - No longer needs to edit TaskRecord.smali or ActivityStack.smali
- Added - "Reference" Values to smali files so that in future builds, I can easily display what is the current max hidden apps /recent tasks values as they're sometime hard to detect.
Updated Nov 20, 2012: - Added ALL NEW Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools RC1
- Features: - Fully automatic patching of DEODEX and ODEX ROMS, on Windows (exe or batch file), Linux or Mac OSX (sh script)! It will pull services.jar/services.odex, decompile, do the smali edits, recompile and install back to your device in just a couple of minutes.
- Requirements: - For Android device: busybox, android debugging turned on. For Computer: Java installed (for baksmali/smali), device drivers
Updated Nov 20, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC5
- Improved - Maximum Overdrive code for SIII (had additional parameters ie. INIT_HIDDEN_APPS, MAX_HIDDEN_APPS_FOR_LOWMEM blah blah...) I also bypass some silly overrided (updateHiddenAppNum)
- Tweaked - Some code
- Enhanced - Information/tips
- Detects - If it's run solo (on the phone) or via Ultimatic script/batch file/exe (initiated from PC via adb) so it gives the relevant output/information.
Updated Oct 29, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC4
- Fixed - Bug in the ProActive Booster (Pre-ICS ROMS)
- Tweaked - Some code
Updated Oct 29, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC3
- Improved - Compatibility for some weird ass Sense ROM... Trickdroid 4.0 something something
- Improved - OS version/root check some more.
Updated Oct 27, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC2
- Added - "Minimum Hidden Protection" - keeps 15 hidden apps (doing background tasks) in memory before empty apps (least important) can push any of them out. Default is only 2!
- Added - "Service Preserver" - (Post-ICS ROMS) This prevents service apps (ie. recently ran apps) from being becoming a "worstType" and therefore, less likely to be killed.
- Added - "ProActive Booster" - (Pre-ICS ROMS) This changes the processes limit from 2 to 50 and activities limit from 20 to 70.
- Improved - OS version check - uses distinct strings in ActivityManagerService.smali to determine ROM version. Makes it possible to run the script on a PC!
- Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations including, stock SGS3 ROMS. Samsung put in an updateHiddenAppNum parameter that overrides maximum hidden apps - until now lol
Updated Oct 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools RC1
- Fixed - Another bug - Mod 3 was fubarred if Mod 2 wasn't used
Updated Oct 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 16
- Fixed - Bug in code which spat out a sed unknown command error in some instances.
Updated Oct 11, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 15
- Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations - Yesterday's was a FAIL
Updated Oct 10, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 14
- Improved - Compatibility for more smali file variations
- Improved - OS version check - uses the api level found in build.prop
Updated Oct 8, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 13
- Fixed - A bug in an if/else condition
- Added - A reference to this new thread
Updated Oct 1, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools Test 12
- Added - "Non-Sense App Limit" for Sense 4+ ROMS!
- Tweaked - Some more code for compatibility
Updated Sept 12, 2012: - Ultimate Jar Power Tools - Jelly ISCream + Maximum MultiTasking Mods Test 11
- New - Name since I've put all the services.jar mods in one script.
- Optional - SuperCharging services.jar optional in case you only want the MultiTasking Mods.
- Tweaked - Maximum Overdrive code to support different ProcessList.smali files
- Added - Lots of comments and info on top
Updated Sept 7, 2012: - Jelly ISCream + Maximum Overdrive + Time Killer Killer Smali Patcher Test 10
- Added -=Maximum Overdrive=- MultiTask like crazy without the 15 hidden app limit... raised it to 50 hidden apps!!! You Still control how much free ram you have... actually this gives you MORE CONTROL!
- Added - Support for ALL ROMS! (Maximum Overdrive and Time Killer Killer)
Updated Aug 27, 2012: - Jelly IScream + Time Killer Killer Smali Patcher Test_9
- Added - Ultimate Multitasking Mod - Experimental - Android kills an app after 30 minutes of inactivity no matter how much free ram you have. This tries to disable it (increases limit to 24 hrs and disables the command to change it's adj/priority)
- If it works, I should be able to do Gingerbread, Froyo, etc as well!
- Thanks to pepcisko for assistance and giving ideas
Updated Aug 23, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 8
- Tweaked - Code... should work without issue for ALL services.jars... there was a problem where some services.jars had no debug info which threw off the search for line numbers since those files have fewer lines.
Updated Aug 18, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 2
- Added - Option to pick launcher strength!!!
- Tweaked - Will not give an error if you have a space in folder names
- Tweaked - Info to user (ie. Specifies that this is STEP 5 in Post #2)
Updated Aug 15, 2012: - Jelly Scream Smali Patcher Test 1
- First Test - No more manually editing smali files!
- Run just like my other Scripts!
- Put ProcessList.smali AND ActivityManagerService.smali in the same folder as the script!
How To Save Attached Files
- Right click with your browser & select "save as" from menu, or use the QR Code or XDA app or Tapatalk
- Also a great method - use Opera Mini web browser. Very easy to download and it's FAST!
So... if you get an error like "line xxx: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "blah blah")", it's an INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD!
Download it again and DO IT RIGHT.
Don't Mirror Or RePackage My Files - Just link here
If you're going to download something...
Please HIT THANKS and Give a 5 Star Rating!