1) Rooted i9000 with CWM recovery
2) Do not have any sort of lagfix applied (UNDO FIRST) ( Never do a factory reset when you have LagFix applied)
3) Backup your EFS folder to Ext.SD card or PC. (Why and How to)
4) Battery is fully charged
5) SIM Card and Ext.SD card removed
6) Phone is unlocked (NO USIM lock present)
7) You can do a nandroid backup, If you like to have one for future reversion.
[For a CLEAN Flash,(If you intent to do this way, you will lose everything on your SD card by doing this, so save your Backups and important data files to PC First.) IN CWM you can go to mounts and Storage and format every partition, after that, mount USB storage and connect your phone to PC to copy CM9 and gapps to your SD card] Avoid this, IF you are a Noob
Download:- For CM 9 (ICS) or your chosen Files for ICS
CM9 from http://get.cm/get/jenkins/7080/cm-9.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
gapps from http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
or you can download the latest CM 10 (Jelly Bean) from http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd and latest Gapps from http://goo.im/gapps/ or even CM 7.2 from same links NOTE:- Always Start with a Gingerbread 2.3.6, Flash ICS First before Flashing Jelly bean , this will be the proper procedure, do not jump from GingerBread to Jellybean
8) just place this two Zip files in your Internal SD card by copy paste.
Flashing in CWM:- This example is for CM 9 . IT will the same for CM 10 or CM 7.2
Use CWM app and select "Reboot into ClockWorkMod recovery" or the way you know how to. (Use volume keys to scroll & power key to select in ClockWorkMod)
1) Do a WIPE (factory reset + wipe cache partition)
2) chose "install zip from sdcard"
3) Select "choose zip from sdcard"
4) Select "cm-9.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip" or your chosen ROM > Select "Yes" and Flashing will take place
Flash the same file one more time, Meaning repeat steps 2,3 & 4 again for ICS to avoid problems
Now Flash the Gapps
5) Select "choose zip from sdcard"
6) Select "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" or latest gapps> Select "Yes" and Flashing will take place
Once complete, select "Go Back" and "reboot system". Thats it, you will be on ICS.
If it failed to load into ICS, First power down, pull out Battery, SIM CARD, and EXT.SD card, press power button for a minute , than power up without SIM and Ext.SD Card.. and test again.
In the event you get a bootloop because you rebooted the phone without completing the process and can't enter CWM recovery, flash an ICS Semaphore kernel using Odin in download mode, then enter CWM and flash again the steps 2 to 6
You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone
How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.