Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Postive and Negative with Jelly Bean Thread.

Tip us?
 
haverdaden
Old
(Last edited by haverdaden; 1st October 2012 at 04:30 PM.)
#1  
haverdaden's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 59
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Purmo

 
DONATE TO ME
Post Postive and Negative with Jelly Bean Thread.

Hi ! I want to hear your opinions about the new Jelly Bean update. What is positive and what is negative with the new update. Also what are your opinions about the new functions .
I noticed that there is another Thread about this. My mistake. I was typing for too long.
Xperia Play R800i - Dead and Broken 4ever RIP
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Unlocked Bootloader - CROMi-Xenogenesis Rom
Ipad 2 Not Jailbroken iOS 7
Google Nexus 5 - Unlocked Bootloader - Stock Rom [Xposed] - ElementalX Kernel
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-elementalx-n5-0-44-t2519607
 
eduardmc
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 502
Join Date: Sep 2007
i have use JB in a few devices already, Galaxy nexus, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Asus prime TF201. I can tell you right away that this version is the worth of all. the opening and closing animation of apps is jerky. Not smooth at all. The task manager to close app is always butter smooth in other devices when you scroll up and down, here is jerky. Not sure if this might add because of the 1920x1200 resolution which is 4x higher than 720p and require more cpu power. This is kind of disappointed, i really starting to think that this resolution is to much for a tegra 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to eduardmc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cmdrdredd
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 102
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
i have use JB in a few devices already, Galaxy nexus, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Asus prime TF201. I can tell you right away that this version is the worth of all. the opening and closing animation of apps is jerky. Not smooth at all. The task manager to close app is always butter smooth in other devices when you scroll up and down, here is jerky. Not sure if this might add because of the 1920x1200 resolution which is 4x higher than 720p and require more cpu power. This is kind of disappointed, i really starting to think that this resolution is to much for a tegra 3.
Are you on the balanced or performance mode? From what I understand the modes that save battery can csuse this with JB very noticeably sometimes.
 
eduardmc
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 502
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Are you on the balanced or performance mode? From what I understand the modes that save battery can csuse this with JB very noticeably sometimes.
balance and performance. both setting perfomance about the same. tab on the setting icon, or browser icon, the new animation for JB is suppost to be butter smooth but in this version of JB for our TF700 is jerky. scrolling and pinch to zoom seem find for a jb rom. Can wait for zeus to grab this and do his magic.
 
007shaolin
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 129
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
balance and performance. both setting perfomance about the same. tab on the setting icon, or browser icon, the new animation for JB is suppost to be butter smooth but in this version of JB for our TF700 is jerky. scrolling and pinch to zoom seem find for a jb rom. Can wait for zeus to grab this and do his magic.
Ye. I find this quite disapointing to. Its not smooth at all. I think the full hd res is to much to handle for the tegra3
 
rlarson)mn
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2007
From my units standpoint it is not rooted and never has been the upgrade has made it much faster. I now understand what 'buttery smooth' means. No issues at this point with the download, upgrade, app loading or functioning afterwards. Wifi works as does gps. I use Boat as my browser and its significantly faster. Not quite as fast as my iPad3 but pretty close. Scrolling web pages is without lag now at least for me. Thank you Asus for a GREAT upgrade.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rlarson)mn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chugger93
Old
#7  
chugger93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 1,335
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Michigan
portrait mode wallpaper bug still exists it looks like. Am i right?
Jon
- Google Nexus 5 | Stock/Rooted/Unlocked
- Google Nexus 10 | Sentinel Rom w/Franco
 
Keion
Old
#8  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugger93 View Post
portrait mode wallpaper bug still exists it looks like. Am i right?
I'll let you in on a little secret. Get simple image live wallpaper. It causes no lag (multipicture lwp sometimes does) and it has no cropping either. You can even set different images for portrait and landscape modes.
 
conquereddroiduser
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2011
I had similar jerkiness and slowness after the initial update. After reading the TF201 forums I was ready to do a factory reset right after updating. Since then, I've restored all my apps and widgets, regained root, downloaded lots of things in the background while using the tab etc.. I'm happy to report It's buttery smooth. If you haven't done a factory reset after upgrading, do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Also, I had an interesting bug. My SD card wasn't recognized until after I rebooted the 2nd time after my factory reset. It's working fine now.. it even seems to be reading/writing faster than before.
The Following User Says Thank You to conquereddroiduser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
timrock
Old
#10  
timrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 1,269
Join Date: Dec 2010
positive - we can now take pics while recording with the stock camera.
negative - the stock camera has a bit of a hiccup.
Nexus 7 (2013)
I couldn't hold out, so i rooted.

Add me on Google+

Tags
4.1.1, jelly bean, tf700
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes