[OFF-TOPIC] Official Off-Topic Thread

2nd October 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 168

803 posts
its not right to close that thread as almost every devices on xda have Indian or other countries thread separately...so please open it
2nd October 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 4,983

4,985 posts
More
OK Guys, i hear you. The intention was not to only shut the Indian thread. It was shut because it was not titled as a Indian availability thread more a review/specs thread that i wanted to pull all together into one place. The OP is even written as such, so its very misleading. If its misleading to me then it most certainly is to a new user. So we have two options here, either open a new properly titled thread or the original one gets edited by the OP to make it a availability thread, which is fine.

Personally at this point i think a new one would be better, with the OP written with a current availability and a proper title. This would be much more helpful for all, as wading through all the previous old posts would be tiresome.

As i said, i am working to make this forum a nice place for all users, hence the pooling of information in the sticky threads. What i dont need is PMs that some of which can come across as very pushy. I do not respond to these sort of PMs. I am not saying i dont want to hear users suggestions, they are appreciated. Just try to do it in a polite informative manner, i am more than willing to negotiate. Not saying all the PMs were pushy, just a couple, so dont be offended.

So what are your thoughts, anybody up for starting a nice informative OP for a Indian availability thread?
Last edited by O_G; 2nd October 2012 at 05:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #13  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 141

606 posts
More
Hi guys

Those who are from india looking for availability and prices go to the below thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916851

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to chaitanya87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #14  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 43

445 posts
More
Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well....
3rd October 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 4,983

4,985 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulyDerek

Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well....

Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #16  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,178

4,473 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by original_ganjaman

Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!

Hi Mod...

I am the OP of official Indian Note 2 thread.( Which everyone talking about )..... I just read your valuable comments....u said their i should rename that thread title to get that in business again...But can u tell me how can i rename the title of that thread i asked u because u locked that thread...

As far as i know there are tons of country related threads in every mobile phone general section....So i can not understand why that thread is closed.

We Indian Friends were there like a community to help out each other , so please consider our centiments

Waiting for a positive reply from you

Thanks & Best Regards

Manoj Sharma
Last edited by exynoss; 3rd October 2012 at 11:42 AM.
3rd October 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #17  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 25,617

15,168 posts
More
Sir, please understand the Moderator put in place threads for the entire Community, not just for your needs or requests. Reread O_G post, and move on...be understanding that the allowing of an OT and a few others threads is welcomed.
If this doesn't stop of "my thread...my thread"...The Moderator Team could just result in shutting down ALL non development threads down, and use what others deem as an iron fist type solution. This is not a threat, just an ask of compliance by understanding the "big" picture.
Additionally, I will ask all do not PM me requesting or wanting me to reevaluate another Moderator actions. As the actions taken here I fully support.

Enough said, thank you all for your time in this matter. Move on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishu_gamer

Hi Mod...

I am the OP of official Indian Note 2 thread.( Which everyone talking about )..... I just read your valuable comments....u said their i should rename that thread title to get that in business again...But can u tell me how can i rename the title of that thread i asked u because u locked that thread...

As far as i know there are tons of country related threads in every mobile phone general section....So i can not understand why that thread is closed.

We Indian Friends were there like a community to help out each other , so please consider our centiments

Waiting for a positive reply from you

Thanks & Best Regards

Manoj Sharma

Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 3rd October 2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 379

602 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Hi guys, my ROM is finally finished and now uploaded at 89%.
I need a tester! My Note 2 has not arrived yet

Please write via PM.
3rd October 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 240

973 posts
love this vid shows off note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hOX3HYDwTCY
3rd October 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #20  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 46

460 posts
Donate to Me
More
Indian friends, whats happening!! do we have a thread or not!!, any one from pune, whats update on availability of grey!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread