Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Potential Solution for Unlocking Bands on Droid 4 in US

Tip us?

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Potential Solution for Unlocking Bands on Droid 4 in US

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure how to try this out, since I'm not in the US, and that RadioComm doesn't work for my Droid 4 (it's been upgraded to ICS)

1) Install latest Motorola drivers and RadioComm
2) Launch RadioComm
3) When it RadioComm launches, Click Main -> MA -> Common -> MDM 6x00
4) Click Settings -> USB -> PST USB
5) Click on FTM Common 1
6) Connect the phone to the PC and wait for it to go green
7) Under NVAccess, find the following values:
4870, NV_GSM_850_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
4871, NV_GSM_DCS_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
4872, NV_GSM_1900_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
8) For each value, press Read, then replace all of the numbers with 0. Once done, press write. Repeat for all 3 values/

Let me know if this works!

Again, I mentioned a problem with RadioComm. I'm using Windows 8 x64, RadioComm worked fine with my Bionic on GB, maybe it's an ICS thing, maybe I need newer drivers, etc... Please let me know if this works!

I was able to get this going on my Droid Bionic (which also had a corrupted IMEI number) so if you want to see that post, view it here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=780
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danifunker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure how to try this out, since I'm not in the US, and that RadioComm doesn't work for my Droid 4 (it's been upgraded to ICS)

1) Install latest Motorola drivers and RadioComm
2) Launch RadioComm
3) When it RadioComm launches, Click Main -> MA -> Common -> MDM 6x00
4) Click Settings -> USB -> PST USB
5) Click on FTM Common 1
6) Connect the phone to the PC and wait for it to go green
7) Under NVAccess, find the following values:
4870, NV_GSM_850_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
4871, NV_GSM_DCS_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
4872, NV_GSM_1900_CARRIER_SUPPRESSION_I
8) For each value, press Read, then replace all of the numbers with 0. Once done, press write. Repeat for all 3 values/

Let me know if this works!

Again, I mentioned a problem with RadioComm. I'm using Windows 8 x64, RadioComm worked fine with my Bionic on GB, maybe it's an ICS thing, maybe I need newer drivers, etc... Please let me know if this works!

I was able to get this going on my Droid Bionic (which also had a corrupted IMEI number) so if you want to see that post, view it here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=780
This looks awesome -- I saw your post in the Bionic forum. I was curious if this worked for anyone in the states on T-Mobile? I was looking to get a Droid 4 and use it on Straight Talk. Currently have an Epic, but loved my OG Droid. 3G is fine enough for me -- just curious if anyone is also able to get MMS working as well, along with APN settings?

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
What version of RadioComm do you recommend? I've tried 11.9.0 and I get the error when I try to open it:

"Error in getting the pointer to CommP2K and/or CommQC. Error number: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown."

If you can help me get past this error, I'd love to try this out...

danifunker
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by terinfire View Post
What version of RadioComm do you recommend? I've tried 11.9.0 and I get the error when I try to open it:

"Error in getting the pointer to CommP2K and/or CommQC. Error number: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown."

If you can help me get past this error, I'd love to try this out...
I'm using 11.12.2, and try to get the latest motorola phone drivers (different than the USB drivers) I think I'm running 5.9 of those.

Sent from my XT894 running ICS
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here
The Following User Says Thank You to danifunker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
I'm using 11.12.2, and try to get the latest motorola phone drivers (different than the USB drivers) I think I'm running 5.9 of those.

Awesome, I'll give it a shot when I get home. Out of curiosity -- I'm assuming this is similar to QPST. If I bork the modem, I should be able to go back to a prior group of settings, right?

SIM Card should be coming in on Saturday or Monday -- so should be able to get some news to everyone by then.

danifunker
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Awesome, I'll give it a shot when I get home. Out of curiosity -- I'm assuming this is similar to QPST. If I bork the modem, I should be able to go back to a prior group of settings, right?

SIM Card should be coming in on Saturday or Monday -- so should be able to get some news to everyone by then.
Cool, just to give you a heads up, someone tried it in the RAZR forum without success....

Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Shoot. I've read that you can get 3G on AT&T without any problems across forums -- did I misread and this was for international use -- not inside the US? I just want to get 3G on AT&T if possible...

Any thoughts? Or can you point me in the right direction?

danifunker
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Shoot. I've read that you can get 3G on AT&T without any problems across forums -- did I misread and this was for international use -- not inside the US? I just want to get 3G on AT&T if possible...

Any thoughts? Or can you point me in the right direction?
Still trying to figure it out... I don't think we have a solution just yet.

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I'm a developer outside of all of this (C# primarily these days, but have an extensive background in C/C++) -- and I've flashed phones to cricket with QPST -- so maybe I can help you guys out with this. If you're up for discussing any background that might catch me up to speed on this (already have my phone), would be up for trying to help break into it and enable this. Just send me a PM if you're up for this. Thank you!

DarkMidnight
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Hey all,

I've only used this program for a little bit but I was able to change the values to what the OP suggested however, I used the Motorola Factory USB cable. I couldn't get the program to recognize my phone w/o it.

I'm using stock rooted ICS too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2