Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[How to] Unbrick after failed JB OTA or to just re-flash JB

OP aznmode

2nd October 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 831

4,330 posts
Guys first off this is not my work and have been digging around for answers. I had recently soft bricked my TF201 after OTA and my tablet gets stuck at the Asus logo. Finally found a fix. You will however lose root and I believe will factory reset the device but you dont need to be unlocked for this to work.

* you need fastboot access (see step 5) for this to work unfortunately

Got the instruction here on how to restore tf300 back to stock. It works the same for our tf201. Please thank Auliyaa for creating this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1757077

Got the adb and fastboot from here and followed the instructions on how to install and use. I put the fast boot files in: C\android
http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-inst...android-phone/

Luckily JB has been posted today on asus website so grab it there. Extract it and get the blob. Copy the blob to wherever you have the fastboot files. In my case C:\android
http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...F201&p=20&s=16

This is the instrucion by Auliyaa from the first link. Updated some of the links to reflect the tf201. Some are repeats of above instructions so if it gets confusing I will edit. I'm going to post in that thread that this works on the tf201 as well.
  1. Download the stock ROM zip file on (updated)Asus Website. Be sure to download the firmware matching your SKU.
  2. Unzip the downloaded file, you will get another zip, unzip this one too
  3. You should end up with a folder and a file, with one of them called blob
  4. For the next step, you will need to install the Android SDK to get the fastboot utility. (updated) Here
  5. Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
  6. Open a command line terminal and navigate to the folder containing the blob and fastboot files.
  7. Then type the following command:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob

After write completion then just type the following command to reboot your tablet:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

That's it! I almost sent her off yesterday to Asus and kinda glad I waited. Thanks to Auliyaa for his method! I love xda!
Last edited by aznmode; 3rd October 2012 at 03:49 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aznmode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
By the directory where the fastboot files are do you mean the C\ directory(Android Folder)?
2nd October 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

4,330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-HO6969

By the directory where the fastboot files are do you mean the C\ directory(Android Folder)?

You can put all the fastboot files into that directory along with the blob. Or any directory or folder you want to put the files into. And in command prompt you have to change directory to whichever folder you decided to put the files in.

For example. All the files I gathered from my 2nd link and the blob I put in C:\android. I created the android folder or you can create your own folder and name it whatever you want.

Last edited by aznmode; 2nd October 2012 at 11:04 PM.
2nd October 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quick question before I try it. Does this work if you were not unlock?. Mine was just an stock prime before getting bricked by the update.
2nd October 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

4,330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiflash

Quick question before I try it. Does this work if you were not unlock?. Mine was just an stock prime before getting bricked by the update.

I was only rooted and LOCKED as I didnt want to screw up my warranty. But rooted isnt required either.
2nd October 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

4,330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiflash

I was not unlocked as I didnt want to screw up my warranty. But rooted isnt required either.
2nd October 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Can't get into fastboot mode:/
2nd October 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode

I was not unlocked as I didnt want to screw up my warranty. But rooted isnt required either.

Sounds promising if unlocking is not required. I will try this tonight when I get home. I will probably have more newbie questions along the way because I'm pretty new to this procedures. Thanks a lot for putting this together and giving us some hope.
2nd October 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
More
Adb can't detect tablet and can't get to fastboot.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium
3rd October 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

4,330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strabo100

Adb can't detect tablet and can't get to fastboot.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

I don't think adb will work. Had the same issue. But mine was able to go to fastboot (try hold volume down then press reset hole). If you still dont have the 4 options (rck, android, USB fastboot, wipe) then you won't be able to do this procedure.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread