* you need fastboot access (see step 5) for this to work unfortunately
Got the instruction here on how to restore tf300 back to stock. It works the same for our tf201. Please thank Auliyaa for creating this.
Got the adb and fastboot from here and followed the instructions on how to install and use. I put the fast boot files in: C\android
Luckily JB has been posted today on asus website so grab it there. Extract it and get the blob. Copy the blob to wherever you have the fastboot files. In my case C:\android
This is the instrucion by Auliyaa from the first link. Updated some of the links to reflect the tf201. Some are repeats of above instructions so if it gets confusing I will edit. I'm going to post in that thread that this works on the tf201 as well.
- Download the stock ROM zip file on (updated)Asus Website. Be sure to download the firmware matching your SKU.
- Unzip the downloaded file, you will get another zip, unzip this one too
- You should end up with a folder and a file, with one of them called blob
- For the next step, you will need to install the Android SDK to get the fastboot utility. (updated) Here
- Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
- Open a command line terminal and navigate to the folder containing the blob and fastboot files.
- Then type the following command:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
After write completion then just type the following command to reboot your tablet:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
That's it! I almost sent her off yesterday to Asus and kinda glad I waited. Thanks to Auliyaa for his method! I love xda!