[PROGRAM]boot.img Flasher v1.2.1 | Updated 12.18.12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screen1.png
    screen2.png
    screen3.png

Hi everyone, I wrote this simple little program to help with flashing kernels on S-ON HTC devices. The program is pretty simple and contains all of the needed files to flash your boot.img and push the necessary kernel modules, either while the phone is booted into Android or if you are stuck in a bootloop and can only get into the bootloader. The program is configured to flash a near-stock boot.img from the 2.13 base (only added init.d support) and the kernel modules for the kernel. In theory, you can replace the boot.img and modules from other kernels and flash through this program as well (more info in 3rd post)

Credits:
    Morto_jeffrey for some code from Venom Flasher
    patensas for the icon
    Changelog

v1.2.1 JB RELEASE- 12.18.12
    • Updated boot.img and kernel modules from 3.15.651.6 RUU
    v1.2.1 - 10.5.12
    • Fix default debug mode
    • Fix first time run procedure
    • Open log.txt on exit if debug enable
    v1.2 - 10.4.12
    v1.1 - 10.2.12
    • Fix code when pushing files
    • Added logging to diagnose issues
    • Don't automatically detect when in fastboot, wait for user input
    • Download - http://bit.ly/T0d5T1
    v1 - 10.2.12
    Info

How it works:
    This program flashes whatever boot.img is placed in the "files" folder and moves whatever modules are in the "files\modules" to /system/lib/modules on your phone.

How to use:
    Use the main menu to flash your boot.img to your phone. For most people, this will be the option they need to use. If you cannot boot (bootloop) then you need to get into the bootloader by pressing and holding power and volume down. This may take 10-15 seconds and you may see the bottom LEDs flashing in the process. In this case, please use the advanced menu to flash the boot.img (this way removes the adb steps to automatically boot into recovery, since you can't use adb if you're in a bootloop)

Flashing a different kernel than what is included with the program:
    If you want to use this program to flash a different kernel than the stock 2.13.651.1 kernel, place the custom kernel boot.img in the "files" folder and also take the new modules for the kernel you want to flash, delete all the files in the "modules" folder, and put the new modules into the "modules" folder.
    I'll test it out and report back.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Usage instructions:

Open the zip file and extract the boot-img-flasher.exe and the files directory somewhere on your computer.

Boot your phone into bootloader/fastboot.

In the 'files' directory (example: C:\Flasher\Files) put the boot.img from your selected kernel.
    In the modules directory (C:\Flasher\Files) put whatever modules come with your kernel.

Run boot-img-flasher.exe

Select option 1 (if flashing the stock kernel it comes with). Phone will reboot into bootloader and flash the kernel. Follow the directions.

Viper needs to make a few changes so it's not quite ready for prime time yet, but it should work. I'd wait for the next version, but if you're impatient, light it up and give it a shot :)
    Always at it viper :thumbup:
    When I saw thread title, I thought it was gonna be something that could be done from the phone, but I guess that's what flashIMGGUI is for, or am I wrong?

from my flying AOKP'd Evo LTE and xda premium

Yeah, this will be from the computer :) Would be hard to have an app run on your phone that is bootlooping, now wouldn't it? :silly: Almost done with v1.1. Actually, it is done - someone is just whipping me up a kick ass icon :D