5,595,645 Members 45,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] "Your device does not support software upgrading via kies"

Tip us?
 
jparnell8839
Old
(Last edited by jparnell8839; 11th June 2013 at 11:50 PM.) Reason: remove pm link request - web server's down until I get my CentOS cluster going... stupid IIS...
#1  
jparnell8839's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 643
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tunnel Hill, GA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [FIX] "Your device does not support software upgrading via kies"

Ok, so I connected my Blaze to Kies and got this:



I thought, "oh my, how unfortunate"

Did some googling, nothing. Flashed back to stock (UVLF4, again, for the umpteenth time) , nothing.

Finally, I thought "hmmm, it still says custom binary when im in download mode, even though I'm stock with stock recovery" so I went to sammobile and got the pre-july 16th image (UVLB7) and flashed just the tar.md5 file (no pit) made sure repartition wasnt checked, etc. in Odin

upon reboot, Kies immediately recognized there was a firmware update and pushed me up to UVLF4 (flash counter is at 4 btw). When it rebooted to download mode from Kies, it said Samsung Official binary this time

Once flash was done, connected to Kies and VOILA!



download through mediafire

UVLB7.tar.md5

just unzip the tar.md5

-------EDIT--------

no more link requesting from my server. web server's down until I get my CentOS cluster going (and Im having some SQL server issues)... stupid IIS...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1371564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1371569  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jparnell8839 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sleeps17
Old
(Last edited by Sleeps17; 3rd October 2012 at 01:36 PM.) Reason: I sounded like a noob
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2010
---Edited---

(Read reason above)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeps17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
motez23
Old
(Last edited by motez23; 3rd October 2012 at 05:27 AM.)
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnell8839 View Post
Ok, so I connected my Blaze to Kies and got this:



I thought, "oh my, how unfortunate"

Did some googling, nothing. Flashed back to stock (UVLF4, again, for the umpteenth time) , nothing.

Finally, I thought "hmmm, it still says custom binary when im in download mode, even though I'm stock with stock recovery" so I went to sammobile and got the pre-july 16th image (UVLB7) and flashed just the tar.md5 file (no pit) made sure repartition wasnt checked, etc. in Odin

upon reboot, Kies immediately recognized there was a firmware update and pushed me up to UVLF4 (flash counter is at 4 btw). When it rebooted to download mode from Kies, it said Samsung Official binary this time

Once flash was done, connected to Kies and VOILA!



and, just so you dont have to deal with crummy 320 kb/s downloads from mediafire through sammobile.com's link, here is mine, hosted on my own web server. wont be the fastest, but it's better than mediafire

UVLB7.tar.md5

If it's not downloading, server might have too many connections, try again in a couple minutes
yeah so, Im in a pickle lol. I try to flash from your link but it says md5 hash is invalid.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> T769UVLB7_T769UVLB7_TMBT769UVLB7_HOME.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
WHAT DO I DOOOO lol

EDIT: I checked w/a md5 sum check thing and yeah yo md5s is jacked up, I don't know what to do. Bad download? ICS is coming out sooo yeah lmao
 
Jamkul
Old
#4  
Jamkul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SLC, UT
I had the same issue, I went to the site mentioned in the op and d preloaded it from them and it worked great.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app
 
jparnell8839
Old
#5  
jparnell8839's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 643
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tunnel Hill, GA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by motez23 View Post
yeah so, Im in a pickle lol. I try to flash from your link but it says md5 hash is invalid.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> T769UVLB7_T769UVLB7_TMBT769UVLB7_HOME.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
WHAT DO I DOOOO lol

EDIT: I checked w/a md5 sum check thing and yeah yo md5s is jacked up, I don't know what to do. Bad download? ICS is coming out sooo yeah lmao
might have been a bad upload on my end, i'll edit the link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jparnell8839 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dynospectrum
Old
(Last edited by dynospectrum; 3rd October 2012 at 10:38 AM.)
#6  
dynospectrum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 254
Posts: 539
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Newest link in OP works now. Flashing in ODIN atm.

T769UVLB7_T769TMBLB7_TMB.zip | md5: 2879c2df7ab0248404e31ad7532193b7


The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thomas.raines
Old
#7  
thomas.raines's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3136
Posts: 1,796
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston

 
DONATE TO ME
If you ever get md5 invalid on Odin, just extract the .tar from the .tar.md5 and run it. If there isn't a .tar but files instead, delete the .md5 leaving it a .tar. that has worked for me many times...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dynospectrum
Old
#8  
dynospectrum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 254
Posts: 539
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines View Post
If you ever get md5 invalid on Odin, just extract the .tar from the .tar.md5 and run it. If there isn't a .tar but files instead, delete the .md5 leaving it a .tar. that has worked for me many times...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
The original file did not work even when the .md5 extension was removed leaving it only as .tar. ;]
 
jparnell8839
Old
#9  
jparnell8839's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356
Posts: 643
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tunnel Hill, GA

 
DONATE TO ME
been having ftp issues with my server lately... might be time to migrate
 
Captivate-me
Old
#10  
Captivate-me's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 270
Join Date: Oct 2010
Worked like a charm....Thanks!!!


~Brought to you by the awesome GN 2~

Smartphone chronology:
Blackberry 8900,9700
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
HTC Inspire 4G
Samsung Galaxy SII, Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Galaxy Note II

Tags
blaze 4g, help !, ics, kies, stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes