Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 40,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Atrix Re-Birth Project

Tip us?

mmontuori
Old
(Last edited by mmontuori; 9th November 2012 at 08:29 PM.) Reason: Ready for developers to build
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7235

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Atrix Re-Birth Project

This page is dedicated to make a stable ICS-JB for the Motorola Atrix

Brief history about the project:
- Un unstable ICS for Motorola Atrix was leaked
- Developers worked on integrating kernel and drivers into existing build
- Kernel was found to be very unstable and new kernel is being ported to Atrix
- While we wait for the kernel, an ICS CM9 build is ready for anyone willing to join the challenge

Next step:
- Developers should get involved in fixing/enhancing the current build
- Code submission is done by forwarding the changes to the head development team for inclusion

Build source code is all available to anyone willing to participate. The build process follows CyanogenMOD builds.

Source Code location: https://github.com/MROM/android/tree/ics

Curent Team:

Project Managers: marcovrv and R3PL1C/\NT.

Head Developers: Epinter, MMontuori, and TPoint75.

Kernel developers: mvniekerk

Developers: Hayander, scanuto, ravilov, geleiahp, alberto88a, tachospeedo, Isaygarcia, digidrops, fanfantasy, hainguyen273, and caster62003.

Testers/Advanced Users: Carcara, EkzoMan, EMG92, Hayander, BusWah, Girafik, clockworkninja, rspaulo, Bravo9000, vigremrajesh, jlm-familiar, The-Milkybar-Kid, r3xx3r, ovitz, lightlord, ticiano_arraes, reix2x, Nargyle, diegofdg, shabeepk, pixut, Kaworu33, jhonnyx, Haxornator, fanhtc2, julian_fern, iximedaixi, heibailife, shadowed87, Matada02, Zeljko1234, tatperson, dibi91, NemeZZiZZ, Moonshield, bimasakti85, Cocolopes, Pont91, jeanpiere, pre4speed, jeffreygtab, nachobkcc, BravoMotorola and littleemp.

Without help, this project cannot continue.
The Following 126 Users Say Thank You to mmontuori For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeanpiere
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thumbs up Count me in for Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmontuori View Post
Dear fellow Atrix owners,

We all know by now that Motorola has cancelled the plans for upgrading to ICS, I was hoping myself to get the new drivers to update my own rom to ICS or JB. Well, this is not going to happen...

What do we do now?

We can either assume this is the death of this revolutionary device, or work on the Re-Birth. You probably know, but there are a group of developers working on upgrading the current Gingerbread version to ICS or JB. I am personally one of them...

We all need your help... we are donating our precious time and resources to make the Atrix 4G a better device that could last for another year or two, however, alone, we cannot continue with this...

WE NEED YOUR HELP...

If you are still reading this message, good, now it's time to decide if the Atrix is going to die in the couple of months or live for some time. We are looking for:

- People that can write code and troubleshoot (Android Java and C/C++)
- Testers
- Project managers (believe it ICS or JB is a full SDLC project)
- Android Advanced users not too scared of trying something new on their phones
- Donate Atrix Devices that you no longer need
- Of course, donations to at least justify the amount if time we spend on this
- If I forgot something, please reply to this thread with suggections

Again, you decide DEATH or RE-BIRTH

Take Care
It is certainly great to see commitment of this kind. I'm no DEV nor do i possess programming skills which could assist you. But please feel free to count me in as a tester and advanced user, more than willing to get his feet wet .
Device: HTC Excalibur > HTC Kaiser > HTC Raphael > HTC Hero > Droid 2 Global > (M) ATRIX: ICS Tablet Mod + 1.3GHZ + TWRP2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanpiere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brolybrah
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I will glady donate, as should others who wish to revive this device that surely isnt really outdated
The Following User Says Thank You to brolybrah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pre4speed
Old
Thanks Meter 329

DONATE TO ME
I would love to be a tester and advanced user. I have 2 atrixes, so I can test to any extent on one of them. I would donate one but I need to have my main atrix as a backup to the s2 I am in the process of buying. So my backup backup is there for testing anything and everything needed.

Lugaidster
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I would have no problem in donating except I don't see anyone claiming that it is at all realistically possible to get the full ICS experience in our phones (meaning hardware acceleration and working camcorder). If that changes, I'd be happy to donate to keep my phone alive, but if it's just going to be another dissapointing waiting game with no outcome...

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or be an ungrateful bastard as I do really appreciate the work all of you devs put on this. I'd be happy to give money for a bounty.

Alcapone263
Old
(Last edited by Alcapone263; 3rd October 2012 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 349
i'd personally donate 50 dollars to the cause of keeping our phones alive. probably more as time went on as well, just to keep the project alive.

i would also be willing to test ANYTHING on my Atrix, as i have plans of replacing it soon anyways. the fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore, and the touchscreen is dying.

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
I'm JUST NOW getting an Atrix and a Lapdock, a little late I know But count me as an advanced user willing to test anything. I hope to get webtop (In non-blur roms) working above all else, unfortunately since moto isn't willing to comply, that is also the most difficult task.

nachobkcc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
- Android Advanced users not too scared of trying something new on their phones
Count on me!

littleemp
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Love the intiative I don't have any technical skills to share, but I'm willing to test and assist in any other way that I can.

Maybe we should get this posted on the Photon forums as well to consolidate the project?

ThePigeonKeeper
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Would you be able to develop a 3.x kernel?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to ThePigeonKeeper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe