Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AVAILABILITY THREAD] This Is The Official Thread For Availability For All Nations.

Tip us?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10940

DONATE TO ME
Ok guys. Let me put my two cents in on this. The mod has the right idea. Having an availability thread is cool but we dont need another review thread, Now just be happy that these threads are allowed at all. Couldnt care less where the device is or is not available as that really doesnt matter to the Development of the device. I would have all talks about this in off topic if it was me. Now we dont need a thread for every country. XDA know nor cares about country boarders. They again mean little to the development of a device.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumeshd
Old
(Last edited by sumeshd; 3rd October 2012 at 05:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by j89 View Post
@sumeshd I don't even understand why you guys are pursuing this so much. Create a thread on a friendlier forum, post the link and be done with it.
Thanx for suggestions..
Everyone from India coming to modaco??
I will request Paul and get started with the thread there..
How many of Indian owners interested??
I dont wanna be alone there..

Edit- these threads have been running for years now..I don't understand why the new moderations..why closing them when they are not creating any problems??
This is pissing me & many other members now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Pressing "THANKS" is EASY than saying it!!

zelendel
Old
Thanks Meter 10940

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshd View Post
Thanx for suggestions..
Everyone from India coming to modaco??
I will request Paul and get started with the thread there..
How many of Indian owners interested??
I dont wanna be alone there..

Edit- these threads have been running for years now..I don't understand why the new moderations..why closing them when they are not creating any problems??
This is pissing me & many other members now.

You want a reason? Because these threads hold no development value at all. The just waste space on the server. Could you imagine if every country did this?

SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j89
Old
(Last edited by j89; 3rd October 2012 at 05:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
You want a reason? Because these threads hold no development value at all. The just waste space on the server. Could you imagine if every country did this?
Yikes. Are we all drinking now? Isn't that what "General" is all about.. anything that is NOT development? Description for Galaxy Note II general is Discussion about the Samsung Galaxy Note II (general chat, tips & tricks, etc). I would have loved to put 10 cents worth of comments but that will be worthless IMO.

Oh BTW thank god you guys aren't running the Internet; it's such a waste of space :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shamps
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
This is not the development thread, it general discussion. And we were discussing generally. No hard feelings though, i am fine with discussing here.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumeshd
Old
Thanks Meter 490
Till now there has been such threads running since months/years..
Development is done only in development/original development threads, general thread are suppose to help with other topics/problems concerned to the phone..
There is no development value in any of the general threads on any phone forums so why not close and delete the general sections from all phones sections all together then??
The point is all of the users and people are current or future phone owners and helping each other out, pouting out sites, places, availability, price for that specific country and its helpful for everyone rather than creating a common thread for all countries altogether and creating chaos based on currency, place, numbers differences..
General section doesn't need or bound to have development values..they are for general chat and talk concerning the phone..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sumeshd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dryspuri
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am holding my thaughts till now, I dont know how you are A MOD, this is not development section this is GENERAL section, thats it people i am up for Modaco, lets go there thats my next favourite site
The Following User Says Thank You to dryspuri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zelendel
Old
Thanks Meter 10940

DONATE TO ME
Look guys, plain and simple fact is there is no need for threads like them. General is about General info. I dont really care if you guys like the choice that was made. We do what is best for the site.

Now as for the comment above. General is about General info. Specs, Over all availability, pricing and off topic chit chat. Non of this is country spicific

SearchFu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumeshd
Old
Thanks Meter 490
Ok..requested Paul of modaco of opening of the phone section..
As soon as he opens it I will create a thread there and we can discuss there..
Leaving Xda as it is..
I will post the link to the new thread @modaco here asap..
Thank you mods@xda

swapnilp18
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Well this reply was not expected from a MOD....discussing in general thread should be allowed...

The Following User Says Thank You to swapnilp18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]