[TOOL][JAVA]"The Rom Fumbler" aka "The Battery Icon Creator"[V32.0][Nov-01 2013]
What is this ?
This tool started as a "Creator/Renderer" for battery-icon-png's
. And this is still the most striking feature in this tool!
(If you want to see how this started...there is a link to Version 1.0 somewhere down below )
The Rom Fumbler startet over at the Galaxy S2 Theming Forum
and at first was only for Resurrection Remix Rom (S2)!
...but in the last few month it grew so much! Support for all kind of devices and Roms was added! So I decided to move the thread to the General Android Theming Forum
This tool renders
those images with the Java 2DGraphics-Classes and algorithms, that are highly customizable! You can create almost unlimited variations of "battery icon sets"!
It can also render "Wifi- and Signal Icon Sets" in the same way as battery icon sets.
Read the feature on XDA Portal ! (Thanks Guys for the promotion!)
But this tool can do a big bunch of other things!
Most usefull : It can create "flashable-zip's"
of the above icons!
And there are still more things it can do!!! ...so here is the "complete" feature list:
- Easy "all in one frame" Userinterface (you will find out how it works !)
... play with all those settings in the Battery Renderer!
- lots of highly customizable "Battery Icon Styles" (more to come...ideas always welcome !)
... You can change colors, charge-icon, with or without percentage text, fonts, thresholds, gradients...
... add your own custom charge-icons...(place your own charge icons in folder ./custom/charge/ ...see samples there)
... control the naming, size and output-folder
- highly customizable "Wifi Icon Styles" (more to come...ideas welcome !)
- highly customizable "Signal Icon Styles" (more to come...ideas welcome !)
- Creating of overview.png's (If you want to show of your creations!)
- Rom Presets to get the Settings right for your kind of Rom[/B]
...if you your Rom is not in the Presets...no Problem!...if you found the correct settings for your Rom...save a new Rom Preset and share it with others!
...upload it here and I will integrate it in future Versions of the Rom Fumbler
- Create "flashable-zips"
... Creates a backup during flash (Thanks to the "Universal Flasher Tool")
... there are "Rom-Presets" for a lot of Roms confirmed to be compatible
... lots of different Roms supported (Best chances, if you have an AOKP-Rom)
... Custom dpi-support
- Add "Toggles" to your flashable-zip
... predefined toggle-sets (Attention the predefined toggles are mostly for AOKP roms)
... Add your own toggle-sets to folder ./custom/toggles/<setname>
- Add "Signal and Wifi icons" to your flashable-zip
... predefined signal&wifi-sets (Attention the predefined sets only work with AOKP roms)
... Add your own signal&wifi-sets to folder ./custom/signalwifi/<setname>
- Add "Weather Icons" to your flashable-zip
... pedifined weather-sets (Attention the predefined weathericons only work with AOKP roms)
... Add your own weather-sets to folder ./custom/weather/<setname>
- Add a custom "Lockrings" to your flashable Zip
... lockrings are resized and renamed to fit your Rom's framework-res.apk (Rom-Presets)
... predefined lockrings
... and you can add your own logrings to folder ./custom/lockhandle/*.png
- Support for "transparent notification area"
With this advanced stuff you can create full themes for your Rom!
Files added to the flashable-zip with these features are not resized, renamed, checked...
So use with caution...you need to know what you are doing! You need to know how your Rom and apk's look from the inside...
Confirmed to work with the following ROMs: (this is only a small selection)
Download here! (Dropbox)
Mirror (on Android File Host)
- Add any "icon-set" to SystemUI.apk (use with caution!!! no checks, no resizing, ...)
... Add your own icon-sets to ./custom/systemui-mods/<foldername> (see examples there)
- Add any "icon-set" to framework-res.apk (use with caution!!! no checks, no resizing, ...)
... Add your own icon-sets to ./custom/frameworkres-mod/<foldername> (see examples there)
- Add custom file-sets to your flashable zip
... Add your own file-sets to ./custom/XTRAS/<set-name> (see examples in there)
... for example add apk's, libs, media files whatever you want to be flashed alongside your icons
... (I use this frequently after full wipe installing a new rom...I add some of my own developed Apps to the rom.)
- Add custom "Themes/Morphs" to your flashable-zip
... Add your own icon-sets to ./custom/MORPH/<theme-name> (see examples in there)
... theme any apk
- Add custom "precompiled xml's" to your flashable-zip
... Add your own xml-sets to ./custom/MORPH_XML/<set-name> (see predefined examples in there)
... Predefined sets to change Battery-charge-Animation can be found here!
Buy me a drink, if you like The Rom Fumbler
Version 33.0 ...Some time in the future
Version 13.0 ...there never was a Version 13
Version 6.0 Deleted
Version 4.0 and 4.1
Version 2.0 No changelog
Version 1.0 Initial Version (download here
<-- get an impression how this started
Installation & How to use this tool (short version)
- Make the Style-Modules even more customizable
- Creating new styles
- And finally....A lot of things that you might come up with
This tool is written in pure Java. So the only thing you need to have is a Java Runtime 1.6 or 1.7.
Howto's & FAQ's from this thread:
Want to see my icons in use?
Final remarks...and Thanks
- Download the BatteryIconCreator...zip (Links above)
- Unzip the tool to any directory
- Step into that directory
- Look around...see the ./custom/... folder? This is where you can put your own custom stuff !!!!
- Doubleclick in the Jar-file
... or better use the start.bat to start this tool!
- Choose your ROM-Preset in tab "Rom-Settings" (Default values are for hdpi ROM's like Rootbox)
- Choose a Battery Design
- Play with all those different settings to customize your battery icons
- Choose a Wifi Design
- Choose a Signal Design
- Choose any other stuff you want to add
- Play with all those different settings...
- Create/Refresh your images (Play-Button)
- If you just want the icons and no flashable-zip, then goto
... the folder "./pngs/..." in the above directory and find your Icons in there...
- Or (when you are satisfied with your settings) create a flashable-zip (Button next to Play-Button)
... find the flashable-zip in the "./flashablezip_out"-folder...
- If you used my tool for you MOD or custom ROM, please give credit and link to this thread!
- I am not responsible, if you brick your device...this is just a tool, you need to do the thinking, educate yourself...read on xda as much as you can
- Thanks for the "Universal Flasher Tool"
- Thanks for the "VillainTheme System"
...My flashable-zips are created by using their template-zips!
This tool is -and will be- free and AD-free forever!
If you enjoy The Rom Fumbler
as much as I enjoy developing it, then...
buy me a beer, wine, coke or coffee:
Finally press Thanks
please, if you like my tool!