6th October 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #12  
Flag West Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 12

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldawop

I would be quite happy with a back cover like the one on the blue Note 1

I'd definitely like that. I'd also like to see a manufacturer (whether Samsung or 3rd party) come out with a replacement cover that also has an integrated kickstand.
7th October 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I think others have used Plasti-Dip to coat battery covers in order to give a more 'rubberized' feel. I know I'm going to be looking at something like that when I can finally get one out of Verizon.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
11th October 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Alot of people are replying that a different case would intefer with th NFC.

As stated originally, I am aware of this, so when I ask of any alternatives, I ask with the NFC issue dealt with.

IMO, A plastic back is not worthy of my note 2
11th October 2012, 08:20 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 538

2,663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazkamakazi

Alot of people are replying that a different case would intefer with th NFC.

As stated originally, I am aware of this, so when I ask of any alternatives, I ask with the NFC issue dealt with.

IMO, A plastic back is not worthy of my note 2

ANY metal case WILL kill your signal UNLESS it's also designed to function as an antenna; which isn't going to happen. So you can either get used to the plastic back, deal with losing some functionality, or get a different phone.
12th October 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan

ANY metal case WILL kill your signal UNLESS it's also designed to function as an antenna; which isn't going to happen. So you can either get used to the plastic back, deal with losing some functionality, or get a different phone.

I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote despite you quoting it lol. If you read, I asked, with the nfc issue sorted. So in simpler words for you, a case supporting nfc.

Instead you just told me something I already know..
If you don't know of any, then next time you don't need to reply, as rather than answering my question all you just did is try to sound knowledgeable. Well done.

Anyway, asking questions on xda seems to get a lot of hate. Just read 2 other threads and it was filled with blunt, unhelpful replies.
12th October 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 9

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazkamakazi

I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote despite you quoting it lol. If you read, I asked, with the nfc issue sorted. So in simpler words for you, a case supporting nfc.

Instead you just told me something I already know..
If you don't know of any, then next time you don't need to reply, as rather than answering my question all you just did is try to sound knowledgeable. Well done.

Anyway, asking questions on xda seems to get a lot of hate. Just read 2 other threads and it was filled with blunt, unhelpful replies.

I think he was referring more to the fact that you will lose your GSM radio signal with a metal back cover, he was not referring to the NFC.

Personally I think the plastic/polycarbonate material they use for the note 2 is of high quality and keeps the phone light yet strong and keeps radio performance at it's best...

Perhaps the note 2 isn't for you if you feel the quality is that bad?
12th October 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
If he was referring to the gsm, then my bad.

The note 2 is perfect, I had the Dell streak before the note series etc as I'm in love 5" phabs,
I just wondered if alternatives were available, the current back looks good but I'm just a fan of metal covers.
So don't get it wrong as I'm not slating the current back.

So anyway, if it's not available then never mind, curiosity was just asking.
Last edited by qazkamakazi; 12th October 2012 at 11:59 PM.
12th October 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 9

86 posts
There is another thread on here in this section which mentions some soon to be released alternative back covers for the GN2. They look metallic but not sure if they are actually metal... there is a lovelly carbon fiber effect one too
13th October 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Great, just found it,

I think I'll stick with the original for now as original is always best looking, but I hope after a while a decent amount of accessories get produced as these days if it's not Iphone it gets slept on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, galaxy note 2, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread