[Review] Android 4.1.1 & HTC Sense 4+
This is a small review regarding the new leaked final firmare for HTC One X which brought Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and HTC Sense 4+ UI:-
New Software numbers:
+HTC Sense 4
Linux Kernel 3.1.10
- Roise is now much much smoother and you feel that it flies.
- Now infinite looping features is added to Roise home.
- I feel that wireless is more stable than it was before.
- Better Multitasking.
- Sony Playstation Mobile Certificate is included.
- Blue color is now replacing the green color in the main theme.
- 3D animation when navigation between tabs in app is now deleted.
- Pictures in contacts are now in HD, no more currepted resolution.
Other notes with screenshots:
We notice that there is an option to enable/disable Beats Audio in the main Settings page. There is also an option for setting Media Link HD. I've noticed also that Apps Association option has been removed (It was there in the leaked version).
Sense New Themes:
The new app, HTC Media Link HD:
Once you launch the app, social apps will be shown along side with My phone icon, so you can see you media files, or for example, once you choose facebook, you would see all of your friends, then you can view their albums in facebook as if they were in your phone's memory (The same way of viewing).
There is two ways to view, either you view as events:
So, it will categorize them based on time and location and view them in a beautiful way.
Or, as regular, viewing as albums:
As in gallery, you can browse music apps from the music app.
There is a small bar to show percentage completion of page loading. You can now also know the number of opened tabs. In addition, you can now enable/disable full screen viewing (Hide/Show status bar).
*Rebuilt camera app, completely different code. However, UI still almost the same except with the addition for and icon to toggle between main/front cameras.
* Camera scenes are now reorganized. There was a scene in the leaked version calles Smart Shot, however, it has been removed.
* FPS are now much better. Now it can reach 29fps. However, bitrate still the same.
* You can know how much you can capture/record since there are numbers for that in the main camera UI.
* Tab to capture feature is now enabled by default.
The new notification bar:
It has been changed, and as you can see, status bar will disappear once you pull notification bar.
A new feature to set up your phone from PC:
You can also make a backup for your settings and saving it into your e-mail. It is useful for users how switch back and forth between custom roms.
You can launch it by long pressing home.
We notice that arrows has been removed and smiles has been added.
USB Host support:
You can connect any usb device even without powered usb hub. You just need USB OTG cable. You can also connect your HDD drive with NTFS file format (But you need mout tool to mount NTFS file format).
Power Saving feature:
Power saving feature has been added and you can enable/disable it from the notification bar also. We notice also that Power options looks different that before.
Apps menu in settings:
Redesigned, much faster and smoother.
You can disable any app's notifications to be shown in notifications.
App drawer options:
You can hide apps in app drawer.
Disable lock screen:
Quadrant Benchmark & Atuntu Benchmark:
Using maximus ROM, which is close to stock. I've run the test for one time only and I've 180 apps installed. Thanks to Football for the ROM.
Thanks HTC for the wonderful update.