5,815,061 Members 37,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mozilla Boot 2 Gecko(B2G)

Tip us?

theeedy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Has anyone made some progress in the last month?
I'd like to help if i can.

thenameisnigel
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeedy View Post
Has anyone made some progress in the last month?
I'd like to help if i can.
I've been trying to port it to my device (Sprint Galaxy S II) . It's fairly easy if you have official CyanogenMod support so you can use your device tree, but if you're like me, you have to build your tree from scratch.

Silverlink34
Old
(Last edited by Silverlink34; 12th December 2012 at 07:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
I've been trying to port it to my device (Sprint Galaxy S II) . It's fairly easy if you have official CyanogenMod support so you can use your device tree, but if you're like me, you have to build your tree from scratch.
I am also attempting to port this to my device, the Droid Razr. This is a little more difficult since we have a locked bootloader. Fortunately we have a device tree that is publicly accessible thanks to Hashcode.

How did you edit config.sh and what did you do for the manifest?

I assumed since pandaboard is an omap4 device like the Razr, I could just copy that entry and rename it to spyder. (razr code name)

After looking at your steps, I should look for this default.xml. I actually downloaded the pandaboard.xml from b2g manifest from github and added local devices and local vendor from the android local manifest created by sts dev team. I'm thinking I will need to do this with the default.xml file you described instead, because my config.sh (repo sync) operation isn't going so well, I keep getting authentication errors and error: revision ics in "branch" not found. Let me know if you make any progress, this could help me as well.

ephumuris
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Just thought I would say here on ascend g300 we don't have official cyanogenmod but we have a first build of B2G. Loads of stuff works like calls data etc. It's really nice. I dazzozo over on modaco ported it.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2
Very hungry. I want Gingerbread.

Join GiffGaff and earn Payback yourself. The mobile network run by YOU.

thenameisnigel
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephumuris View Post
Just thought I would say here on ascend g300 we don't have official cyanogenmod but we have a first build of B2G. Loads of stuff works like calls data etc. It's really nice. I dazzozo over on modaco ported it.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2
I never said it's impossible to port if you don't have official CM, I said it's much easier if you do.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlink34 View Post
I am also attempting to port this to my device, the Droid Razr. This is a little more difficult since we have a locked bootloader. Fortunately we have a device tree that is publicly accessible thanks to Hashcode.

I assumed since pandaboard is an omap4 device like the Razr, I could just copy that entry and rename it to spyder. (razr code name)

After looking at your steps, I should look for this default.xml. I actually downloaded the pandaboard.xml from b2g manifest from github and added local devices and local vendor from the android local manifest created by sts dev team. I'm thinking I will need to do this with the default.xml file you described instead, because my config.sh (repo sync) operation isn't going so well, I keep getting authentication errors and error: revision ics in "branch" not found. Let me know if you make any progress, this could help me as well.
https://github.com/EpicB2G

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlink34 View Post

Repo Manifest:

https://github.com/EpicB2G/b2g-manif...sprint-gs2.xml

geru2842
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any progress with B2G?? I hope my sensation can operate B2G soon.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

oblikas
Old
Thanks Meter 3,290

DONATE TO ME
I'm in.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to oblikas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topgeardave
Old
Thanks Meter 484
I'll have a crack at it in February when I'm home. No promises though

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

If I've helped, just press the thank you button

Current Phones:
Nexus 5: Official CM11 with Chaos Kernel
Nexus 7(2013): CM11 with francos Kernel

Old Phones (Still in use):
HTC Sensation: Sultanxda/bilal_liberty cm11
HTC Desire: Own cm7 build

The Following User Says Thank You to topgeardave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oblikas
Old
Thanks Meter 3,290

DONATE TO ME
After CES?:P

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

topgeardave
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Nope, I'd love to have gone though. I'm away from home at the moment due to work

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

If I've helped, just press the thank you button

Current Phones:
Nexus 5: Official CM11 with Chaos Kernel
Nexus 7(2013): CM11 with francos Kernel

Old Phones (Still in use):
HTC Sensation: Sultanxda/bilal_liberty cm11
HTC Desire: Own cm7 build