5,597,647 Members 33,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want to see PDroid2.0 at Google Play?
Yes 158 90.80%
No 16 9.20%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

[APP+MOD][4.1.2+ | STOCK][IRC-CHANNEL][GPL] PDroid 2.0 [2013-05-16 v1.57.1]

Tip us?

CollegeDev
Old
(Last edited by CollegeDev; 24th May 2013 at 09:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 639

DONATE TO ME
Phone [APP+MOD][4.1.2+ | STOCK][IRC-CHANNEL][GPL] PDroid 2.0 [2013-05-16 v1.57.1]

Quote:
Disclaimer:
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
 * included in this Patch and application before flashing it! YOU are 
 * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger 
 * at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Quote:
Screenshots:

Quote:
News:
  1. I'm in search of a Themer who is willing to help me with new holo design for PDroid 2.0. I worked on a design pattern and also on templates. Please get in touch with me
  2. Stock is now supported. It will be released at the end of this week and can be found on GitHub
  3. I'm always searching for people who are willing to translate the application. I will upload all necessary files for that until the end of the week.

Quote:
General & Credits:
First of all, many many thanks to svyat who developed the main application PDroid, thank you!! Before I describe some new features (and old too) I want to say that the Application PDroid2.0.apk is written completely by my own. I just took some styles from svyat to give users the "old PDroid" feeling It is a stand alone application and does not need PDroid itself anymore. You just have to apply my patches, install the application and have fun

Quote:
App description:
PDroid 2.0 allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:
  • Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
  • Subscriber ID (IMSI)
  • SIM serial (ICCID)
  • Phone and mailbox number
  • Incoming call number
  • Outgoing call number
  • GPS location
  • Network location
  • List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
  • Account auth tokens
  • Contacts
  • Call logs
  • Calendar
  • SMS
  • MMS
  • Browser bookmarks and history
  • System logs
  • SIM info (operator, country)
  • Network info (operator, country)
  • IP Tables(until now only for Java process)
  • Android ID
  • Call Phone
  • Send SMS
  • Send MMS
  • Record Audio
  • Access Camera
  • Force online state (fake online state to permanent online)
  • Wifi Info
  • ICC Access (integrated circuit-card access, for reading/writing sms on ICC)
  • Switch network state (e.g. mobile network)
  • Switch Wifi State
  • Start on Boot (prevents that application gets the INTENT_BOOT_COMPLETE Broadcast)

For device ID,android ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location it also allows supplying custom or random values.

Quote:
Requirements
  • Rooted Phone
  • ClockworkMod Recovery or T.W.R.P
  • If you integrated sys Dalvik into ROM with Titanium Backup, you will have to undo it

Quote:
IRC-Channel
You can now visit us at IRC. Use the Freenode servers and choose the channel #PDroid2.0 by typing:
Quote:
/join #PDroid2.0
Quote:
STOCK ROM User
PDroid2.0 now supports full Stock support for the Samsung N7100. I've running this PDroid2.0 system since 2~3 month ago and it works perfectly. You just need to download the files at my GitHub. FAQ is also included in the README. So if you have question related to Stock support, please read it first!

Quote:
Translation
If you want to help translate PDroid2.0 to your language, just download this(new for v1.57) xml file and change all readable english text to you language. If you already translated pre-versions of PDroid2.0, you just need to copy the latest strings below the marked version and paste them to your current file. New values marked in that way (it may differs from version to version):

Code:
<!-- _______________________________Placeholder, for better overview __________________________________ -->
	<!-- Values for version v1.56 -->
Please note that you use a " ' " as " \' " inside of the xml file. One quick example:
  • wrong way: I'm fine!
  • right way: I\'m fine!
If you're ready with your translation, please send me the files with your country code. Explanation:
Quote:
The language is defined by a two-letter ISO 639-1 language code, optionally followed by a two letter ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 region code (preceded by lowercase "r").

The codes are not case-sensitive; the r prefix is used to distinguish the region portion. You cannot specify a region alone.
Some Examples:
Quote:
en
fr
en-rUS
fr-rFR
fr-rCA
etc.
Quote:
Installation instructions
You can find a step by step tutorial on my GitHub. After you patched and compiled your own ROM, you just need to flash it and install the PDroid2.0.apk from GitHub. If you don't know which branch you should use, just look at the readme in GitHub.

If you're not able to compile by your own, please take a look at the PDroid2.0 Flash-Repo. Just download the ROM for your device and flash it. Then you're able to use PDroid2.0.

Quote:
Download
You can download the newest Manager application on my GitHub and use the jellybean-devel branch to get the newest release. The current attachment in OP it outdated
The patches for Stock-ROMs are also uploaded to my GitHub. Just read the README for further information.

Quote:
Why should I use this application?
Quote:
* This application parses the permission in the right way, so you get the right list of permissions of each application
* It is developed by a german native Dev and the german translation will also be in native language (German)
* Only ~300Kb filesize of the application (very small)
* Really small battery consumption -> it is not listed in the battery statistics
* In future it will provide FULL 256bit AES encryption technology -> nobody except you can access your private data
* You will get support for application AND framework if something went wrong
* state of the art failure detecting to recognize failures which happen due the patching process
* NO background service needed
* No performance impacts
Quote:
Changelog:

v1.54
MANAGER
  • fixed angry birds bugs (multiple apps with same name can't access the privacy settings)
  • Fixed bug in batch profile mode where also system apps gets the profile instead of user only
  • Minor GUI improvements -> new dialog layout, fixed layout for devices which have no hard-keyboard, fixed layout for tablets (ou, that was ugly), a lot of more gui improvements
  • Added Random button in batch profile mode
  • Added random and clear button in the settings dialog if you want to add custom values
  • Added installed notification preference, now you can disable instant notification
  • Changed the update notification to smartmode -> same function as discussed in thread. Only if permissions changed you will get instant notification
  • Fixed the search bar
  • Fixed the keyboard bug if you leave pdroid with home button
  • Added failSafeMode handler(description look at core feature)
  • Added persistence notification in notificationbar which is showing current protection state(logging state, failsafeMode state, current PermissionMode, Database Connection Error Count or Manager Connection Error Count). You're also able to quick access settings, preferences, and logs
  • Switch Debug mode for core logging feature
  • Disable applications handling (description look at core feature)
  • Additional information in "Core and App Information" to see which current hardcoded default deny mode is active
  • many more...
FRAMEWORK
  • Fixed llam bug
  • fixed google listen crashed
  • fixed camera bug (thx to MB66)
  • a lot of more fixes. I can't listen them all here, if you want to know some specific fixes, just ask for
  • Fixed the announced security bugs (thx to FFuy5)
  • Fixed bug where users have to delete the privacyDatabases to upgrade to PDroid2.0 or OpenPDroid
  • Fixed more security related bugs (every app was able to create its own data access log and a lot of more)
  • Implemented FailSafeMode with self recovery: Until the latest versions every root application was able to delete your privacy database which causes that all "doors" are open and PDroid decided to give the applications the real value. It also was able to modify entries inside of the database for ALL applications and change the settings. But what is the FailSafeMode? This mode is permament watching for unauthorized database accesses. That means if anyone tries to make changes in your privacy database or delete it to get your personal information PDroid triggers the FailSafeMode. The database and all current settings will be deleted and the return values of all settings will be empty, so all accesses will be blocked while you're in FailSafeMode. If PDroid detects a possible attack you will get an instant notification which informs you about the attack and that your system is now in FailSafeMode. After that PDroid tries to handle this case itself, that means it will try to recover the latest privacySettings and set up PDroid from scratch. It will take some seconds and you will receive another notification if the recovery was successful or not. Than you can go to preferences and deactivate the failSafeMode. Now your system is safe again! Once again, if you're currently in FailSafeMode, no application is able to get your personal information.
  • Implemented a core Privacy Debugging Bridge (PDB): A lot of developers wrote me emails and asked for such a feature. Here it is. With the latest version I wasn't able to detect a bug directly because of missing framework logs. But if you logging the whole time the problem is that your system logs will blow out, that's bad. Now you can enable and disable the core logging by enable/disable the preference in PDroid2.0. It alos has the advantage that you can now provide PDroid2.0 logs in a very effective way. You just have to open CatLog or other LogCat readers and type in the tag field "PDroid2.0". Now only core logs which are related to PDroid2.0 will appear and I can have a look at it.
  • enhanced core logging -> Added additional core logging information for EVERY class, now I'm able to give better support.
  • Restructured - partial or complete rewritten PDroid related framework classes. I did it because I implemented also a hardcoded default deny mode
  • Enhanced complete database threading (in a similar way ffuy5 did it, but not the same)
  • Added complete privacyCaching: I've added a complete privacy Cache handling system which allows very effectiv privacy settings access. Why you did that? If you open the Database in android it will cost a lot of CPU and that causes more battery consumption. PDroid open and closes the database a lot of times and that will cause a lot of battery and cpu consumption of your device. Harmful applications can hammer on the settings and your system will lag, that's not good at all! Now you can say: "ok, then i just leave the db connection open". Yes you can, but if you read the developers guide on android you will see that it is not a good way to do it. Summary: The cache will save battery, preserves your cpu. The only disadvantage of this is that it needs more memory, but you will never notice that
  • Fixed horrible service connection bug: Until now the problem is that the connection to the privacy service often fails. This causes some privacy information leaked. How did you implemented it? I was able to implement a central reconnection management. Now, on every dataaccess the system tries to connect to the service 5 times, if that fails the hardcoded default deny mode will trigger (description below). I'm running this bugFix now 3-5 weeks and never noticed (I have implemented a counter which is watching this error) a connection failure anymore.
  • Implemented a hardcoded default deny mode: This mode is the last and deepest "surface" which prevents PDroid2.0 from leaking data. What will happen if ever security mechanism fails? The answer is the default deny mode. The default deny mode is hardcoded and cannot be changed dynamically. People who compiling by their own can easily change this hardcoded mode. They have just to change one variable. You can decide between 3 modes: EMPTY, REAL, RANDOM. Just adjust this setting before you compile. You can easily check the current default deny mode of your framework in the manager application at "Core and App information". If you have notification enabled, you will get a special notification which indicates that the default deny mode was active. Btw: since I've fixed this bug I've never noticed that this hardcoded surface was active. So now PDroid works really really stable.
  • Implement disabling apps feature: The disabling apps feature allows you to automatically disable (freeze) the application until you've commit and saved the settings of the new installed application. There are some additional features (like freeze also system apps or freeze on update ....) which allows you to fine tune your settings. This feature will not disable the application like TitaniumBackup does. It search for every provider, receiver, activity or service and deactivates them. So the application cannot receive broadcast's or whatever until you enabled it.
  • Implemented/enhanced task Killing feature: First: the task killing feature is NOT similar to other task-killer you've ever seen on android. It does not showing you current running processes or whatever. With this feature you're able to FORCE CLOSE an application, similar to the force-close-button in the detailed app screen on android. Why should I need this feature? Sometimes you don't want that applications like face-book or google-play running in background. Normal taskkiller are not able to kill background service so task-killing won't work. With PDroid2.0 you can just kill them and they won't restart anymore until you opened the application by yourself.
  • many more.....
v1.53
MANAGER
  • Minor bugfixes and codecleanup
FRAMEWORK
  • Minor bugfixes
v1.52
FRAMEWORK
  • will come in the next days
APPLICATION
  • GUI Related changings:
  • complete new rewritten GUI
  • Swipe/motion detection user interface
  • Added more feature tabs like settings, logs and tasks
  • New structure for features
  • Added permission description for every permission which PDroid2.0 supports. It is not written for "pros" so everybody is able to understand it. MANY THANKS to wbedard who wrotes the description.
  • Added a help button for every new feature and description for whole layout and functions. Big thanks to wbedard who read and correct the whole textes
  • Settings related changings:
  • Added Batch Profile Mode -> just choose the mode (REAL,EMPTY,RANDOM) and the applications you want to set to this mode and hit apply.
  • Added the possibility to search for untouched (Profile: REAL) settings and set them to default permission mode
  • Added "advanced search mode". Now you're able to filter apps by permissions, quick edit permissions and many more
  • Added "Batch permission mode". It is one of the most advanced feature of the settings tab. It gives you many possibilities to set your privacy setttings.Just read the description (help) in the application.
  • Added help text for complete description of permission management.
  • Logs related changings:
  • Yes, of course. It is one new feature of PDroid and very useful. Now you're able to look on every dataccess which applications made in the past.
  • Added batch log mode, to manage whole log entries in advanced way
  • added possibility to delete the whole bucket or only some entries -> just read description in app
  • Also added help text for better understanding
  • Tasks related changings:
  • Yes, it is also a new feature and you can only use it with patch v1.52 and higher. For more instructions and informations, just look inside the application
  • Preference related changings:
  • Supports now English and German time format
  • Added credits, and visit screen
  • Speed up backup-feature
  • Added the possibility to change the transparency of the data acess notification
  • Added the possibility to change the vertical position of the data access notification
  • Now user is able to decide how many log entries per application will show in the log screen
  • User can decide how often logs will be saved to database -> he can decide battery-management
  • General related changings:
  • Added intelligent framework checks, that means if user patched with autopatcher and something went wrong, he/she will get a message with what was going wrong (e.g. Wrong Pdroid version, PDroid not installed, framework corrupted at..... and so on). I think this feature is very nice and can help people detecting their failures.
  • Application will not crash anymore if user wants to save settings after switching from PDroid to PDroid2.0 -> he will get more instructions how to solve the problem.
  • Fixed hopefully the whole GUI bugs from version v1.51.
  • There are so many changings that I can't list them all here, if someone want to know more, please ask me
v1.51
  • Updated patches: Included: Fix for phone.apk FC's, intent boot complete settings fixed and many many minor bugfixes!
  • Updated App: - Double device Id fixed. - Notification fixed. - New feature: persistence profile for your device. - Notification for settings. - Improved backup and recovery feature. - Minor bugfixes.
v1.50
  • To prevent misunderstandings I've decided to rename the application. It is now called PDroid 2.0, the new version of PDroid! Please deinstall the old Application and install the new one!!! Otherwise it won't work!!!
v1.49
  • only for application. Fixed: Notification-Bar bug, Subscriber-ID <-> AndroidId bug and some others. Added: Backup & Recovery
General Update
  • Minor bugfixes in Application -> no version increment. If you use the old version, please update!!

Quote:
Planning features:
Quote:
Framework:
* Full data encryption (256 bit AES) for framework (data-storages) to prevent applications gain access via root and normal tricks. This is the ONLY way to get it until now and makes PDroid really secure!
* Code restructuring and many perfomance improvements
* Also new features are planned (not named until now)
Application:
* Translations (at this stage of application it is worth doing it)
* More advanced interacting with batch Log mode
* Filtering logs for permissions
* Support Incremental backup AND multiple-backups from different dates with 256 AES encryption
* 256 bit AES encryption of whole data from PDroid
* More detailed log screen of every application
* More features for the Settings tab -> will follow user requests to this
Quote:
FAQ
Quote:
Will there ever be an option for IP Tables?
No! I don't like bloatware and applications like Droidwall are very good for this function!

Quote:
Can I make a backup of my personal privacy settings for each application with TitaniumBackup?
Yes you can. Just make a backup and restore the data (with Titanium Backup) after a full wipe or something else. Then go to application and click on "RELOAD APPLICATIONS". Then you can go to preferences and use "restore" in backup & recovery menu. After that all privacy settings are saved in system database. Since version 1.55 a new Backup feature is available for enhanced state of the art backup management. Description will follow.

Quote:
I'm not able to compile by my own, is there any other possibility to use your application?
Yes, please take a look at the second post and just download the ready compiled ROM for your device.

Quote:
Can I use the PDroid2.0.apk with the patches ≤ v1.32?
No, that's not possible! But I'm looking forward to make it possible to use it with patch versions ≤ v1.32 !

Quote:
I get force closes of your application or my settings doesn't apply, what can I do?
Please delete ALL PDroid applications (PDroid Extension, PDroid Addon, original PDroid). Then go to /data/system/ and delete:
  • privacy folder
  • privacy.db
  • privacy.db-journal
Now reboot and install the newest PDroid2.0! Then all will work fine! If you're using framework version 1.54 and above, you do not need to do this anymore.

Quote:
My Profiles (REAL | CUSTOM) of all apps only showing REAL. What can I do?
In very rare cases it can happen that the profile states get deleted (all profiles set to real). This is just temporary and does not have affects to your privacy settings. This happens due to low memory on your device. To reset the state just use the "reload apps" feature to refresh the GUI.

Quote:
Bug Report Rules:
  • Do not say : "it doesn't work, fix it!" -> post LogCat and I will have a look
  • This is a beta Version of the app, but works like a charm on my own device. I don't know if it works perfectly on all devices, so please test it

Quote:
Donators:
  • Big credits to ce4. He is the first donator. Many thanks
  • Another thankful guy: schertling. Thank you for your donation
  • Thanks to MacDog_AU, who also donated a beer
Attached Files
File Type: zip patches.zip - [Click for QR Code] (71.6 KB, 8141 views)
File Type: zip App.zip - [Click for QR Code] (436.4 KB, 10846 views)
If you like my work, hit the Donate Button
The Following 165 Users Say Thank You to CollegeDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CollegeDev
Old
(Last edited by CollegeDev; 24th May 2013 at 09:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Translators:
Big thanks to following translators of PDroid2.0, who made the app available in their native language:

Quote:
PDroid2.0 Flash-Repo:
@ all guys who ever build a ROM with PDroid2.0, please upload the ROM here and post it in this thread or send me the link via pn. I need following additional information:
  • What ROM is it?
  • When do you build it (optional)
  • Which version of PDroid is included (Framework)
  • For which device is the ROM
You will get full credits in the OP and the link for the REPO will also be present inside the description for the app in googleplay.

How does it work? Just download the ROM for your device and flash it. Then you're able to use PDroid2.0!
Side-Note related the devices:
Quote:
Nexus 4 = mako
Nexus 7 Wi-Fi = grouper
Nexus 7 GSM = tilapia
Nexus 10 = manta
THX to Koetermann!

Quote:
Galaxy S2 (I9100):

Quote:
  • ROM: PACMAN
    Date: 02.15.2013
    MD5: c810f45732bf1f3fd82eccd7bfda2ca0
    PD-Version: 1.57
    Contributor: AuSSiELaMbChOpS
    Download: here
    ----------------------------------------------
  • ROM: CM10.1
    Date: 18.05.2013
    MD5: unknown
    Side-Note: Also includes kernel patches needed for DriveDroid to let you boot your computer from an iso image on your phone.
    Contributor: jpeg725

Quote:
Galaxy Note 2 (N7100):

Quote:
    Date: 15.05.2013
    MD5: db79e0530214299120409be241063a1e
    Contributor: biglsd
    MD5: daa60cde908b43addc8be9e711cb6c2e

Quote:
Galaxy S 3 (I9300):

Quote:
    MD5: bcdfee8a5b18b31871cc992ee875810d
    Contributor: optx
    Date: 12.05.2013
    MD5: 7d3baba799c4b65ee2aeabf8d56d9839
    Contributor: Koetermann
    Date: 19.05.2013
    MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f
    Date: 23.05.2013
    MD5: 9d147c00d863723f801c1e434e51b77f
  • ROM: JellyBeer
    Date: 16.05.2013
    MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f

Quote:
Note 10.1 (n8000)

Quote:
    MD5: baa6445ae4162666010509bdcce8ad7c

Quote:
Samsung tab 2 7" (p3100)

Quote:
    MD5: 93de5d7866b1cee7bc224fb4411380f1

Quote:
Google Nexus 10 (manta)

Quote:
    Date: 11.05.2013
    MD5: bf19181df5d4b76e4b218ee5a31a58cf

Quote:
LG Nexus 4 (manta)

Quote:
    Date: 10.05.2013
    MD5: unknown
    Contributor: Hired Geek

Quote:
Samsung Galaxy Note (n7000)

Quote:
    MD5: 16bb075282405af00ce9eb47b7e6eee5
    Contributor: I900-Nutzer

Quote:
ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

Quote:
  • ROM: CM10.1 by KonstaT
    MD5: 5ab4126a095ddb9329c831e0a10e7e2d

Quote:
Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro) (i9250)

Quote:
    MD5: da95b698cbdeb9da4285e1629047b9be
    Contributor: Teemoo

Quote:
Samsung Nexus S (crespo)

Quote:
    Date: 21.05.2013
    MD5: 3c98c8056a65b4f0709e61bc736d9100
    Contributor: En0id

Quote:
Samsung Galaxy S (i9000)

Quote:
    Date: 24.05.2013
    MD5: d5e8a8ccf40aa8f4a239479a73b94ff2

Quote:
galaxy note 1 (n7000)

Quote:
    Date: 24.05.2013
    MD5: b790483b2d17627c7e5cb55fd31b64ab
    Contributor: karamelos
  • ROM: SlimRom v5.6
    MD5: b46740fcbf0e8688707863be88704d86
  • ROM: JellyBeer v4.20
    Date: 22.05.2013
    MD5: 0703f5730b8e90b83cca980f83f801e5
  • ROM: PACman v22.3.0
    MD5: c84cfaeda5fb9fb651030f740353a9fd
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to CollegeDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SecUpwN
Old
(Last edited by SecUpwN; 6th October 2012 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 476
FIRST! Yeehaaaa, AWESOME WORK!

ESCAPE SPY ATTACKS ON YOUR SMARTPHONE!
Help us develop the IMSI Catcher / Spy Detector (App-Development on GitHub).
This project aims to be added to the EFF and Guardian Project toolsets. Stay smart, protect yourself.

jelle2503
Old
Thanks Meter 272
omgggg nice.

thanks so much. though im an autopatcher noob so i have to wait, sadly enough

mateorod
Old
(Last edited by mateorod; 6th October 2012 at 07:48 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3499

DONATE TO ME
Looks good, man. Looking forward to making the package.

Edit: tried to patch on my way out the door, two problems. I haven;t had much time to diagnose, I was hoping to start a build and look at it when I got done with work.

libcore patch- I tried to strip a couple other levels, but no dice. I see that you have CM9 in your path which may not be significant. But since I had a failed hunk in framework I thought I would just report.

Code:
$ patch -p1 < ~/android/pdroidwork/pdroid_ext/patches/JB_libcore.patch
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -rupN '--exclude=.svn' '--exclude=.git*' '--exclude=*.java~' '--exclude=*.mk~' '--exclude=*.orig~' '--exclude=*.txt' '--exclude=*.orig' /root/CM9/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java pang/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java
|--- /root/CM9/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java	2012-07-18 16:10:00.479998383 +0545
|+++ pang/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java	2012-09-19 20:06:31.467808140 +0545
JB_framework:

Code:
patching file frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 37.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 179 (offset 9 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 319 with fuzz 1 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 926 (offset 30 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 944 (offset 30 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1030 (offset 30 lines).
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java.rej
patching file frameworks/base/TelephonyRegistry.java
Everything else patches fine. The failed framework hunk could be because my source is maybe 2-3 days old, I will try a fresh repo sync when I get home from being out.
Support Beloko Games' source ports of Doom and Quake 1-3, Jedi Knight, etc.

He is hurting from piracy...I need Doom 3 on my phone, you guys. Buy them, ok?

bonanza123
Old
(Last edited by bonanza123; 7th October 2012 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Hey,

thank you very much for your efforts!
I am using your ready built for SGS 2 but i have problems applying new rules, because they are not saved. Logcat is attached, there are a lot of sqlite errors.

SecUpwN
Old
(Last edited by SecUpwN; 7th October 2012 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 476
CollegeDev, why can't you compile an ALL-IN-ONE-APP ("PDroid-Suite") and just give credits to all developers? Would be so awesome if PDroid itself was included..

This project aims to be added to the EFF and Guardian Project toolsets. Stay smart, protect yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CollegeDev
Old
(Last edited by CollegeDev; 7th October 2012 at 01:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod View Post
Looks good, man. Looking forward to making the package.

Edit: tried to patch on my way out the door, two problems. I haven;t had much time to diagnose, I was hoping to start a build and look at it when I got done with work.

libcore patch- I tried to strip a couple other levels, but no dice. I see that you have CM9 in your path which may not be significant. But since I had a failed hunk in framework I thought I would just report.

Code:
$ patch -p1 < ~/android/pdroidwork/pdroid_ext/patches/JB_libcore.patch
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|diff -rupN '--exclude=.svn' '--exclude=.git*' '--exclude=*.java~' '--exclude=*.mk~' '--exclude=*.orig~' '--exclude=*.txt' '--exclude=*.orig' /root/CM9/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java pang/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java
|--- /root/CM9/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java	2012-07-18 16:10:00.479998383 +0545
|+++ pang/libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/PrivacyProcessManager.java	2012-09-19 20:06:31.467808140 +0545
JB_framework:

Code:
patching file frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 37.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 179 (offset 9 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 319 with fuzz 1 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 926 (offset 30 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 944 (offset 30 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1030 (offset 30 lines).
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java.rej
patching file frameworks/base/TelephonyRegistry.java
Everything else patches fine. The failed framework hunk could be because my source is maybe 2-3 days old, I will try a fresh repo sync when I get home from being out.
Did you patched the PrivacyProcessManager.java successful? Yes, it based on CM9, because I havn't the source of the original files anymore. But it doesn't matter. I made these patches, updated my source code and used these patches by my own to verify that they work. Can you upload the SMSDispatcher.java.rej? I would like to see wat is going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza123 View Post
Hey,

thank you very much for your efforts!
I am using your ready built for SGS 2 but i have problems applying new rules, because they are not saved. Logcat is attached, there are a lot of sqlite errors.
Yes, I believe I know whats going wrong. You used PDroid before and just flashed my zip, right? If so and you don't want to wipe your device, go to:

/data/system/

and delete the files: privacy.db, privacy.db-journal, privacy.db.bak. Then restart your device and all should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN View Post
CollegeDev, why can't you compile an ALL-IN-ONE-APP ("PDroid-Suite") and just give credits to all developers? Would be so awesome if PDroid itself was included..
Why? I think it is unnecessary to do this, because you have now just one big and powerful applicaton. No addons or something like this. So why you want to use the old pdroid?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CollegeDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SecUpwN
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeDev View Post
Why? I think it is unnecessary to do this, because you have now just one big and powerful applicaton. No addons or something like this. So why you want to use the old pdroid?
I am confused. In the initial post you're stating that PDroid itself is still needed. That's why I figured we'd still have to install 2 applications. Is it the case that this one is actually 2 in one? Would be soo awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CollegeDev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN View Post
I am confused. In the initial post you're stating that PDroid itself is still needed. That's why I figured we'd still have to install 2 applications. Is it the case that this one is actually 2 in one? Would be soo awesome!
I wrote this in first post:

Quote:
It is a stand alone application and does not need PDroid itself anymore. You just have to apply my patches, install the application and have fun
It means, that you only need this application, to get it work. You don't need PDroid itself anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to CollegeDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]