Post Reply

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 GSM] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image

OP mskip

7th October 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
734 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
awesome toolkit mate , thanks , one question , Rooting the Note 2 using the toolkit will raise the flash counter or not ?

thx
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodm7sn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #22  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,736
 
11,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodm7sn

awesome toolkit mate , thanks , one question , Rooting the Note 2 using the toolkit will raise the flash counter or not ?

thx

Flashing any custom firmware via Odin will raise the flash counter but im confident Chainfire will add the Note2 to his triangle away app so that it can be reset.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #23  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,736
 
11,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywk

Don't know why not able to download from MediaFire.

Try to get it later again. Thanks anyway.

I have had a generous offer of server space and unlimited bandwidth so as soon as my account is set up I will upload the Toolkit there for a faster more stable download. Thats if I can track the downloads, otherwise I will have to look at alternatives. For now I will upload it to dev-host so I have a trackable mirror.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #24  
artnada's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gloucestershire
Thanks Meter: 99
 
409 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I love this place Currently have an S2 (rooted and flashed lots of times ) and getting the GN2 on Tuesday. Looking forward to using this toolkit.

Thanks OP
Last edited by artnada; 7th October 2012 at 07:35 PM.
7th October 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2005
Hi mskip

I wonder if your tool can be used to extract my current rom? My note2 is Vodafone contract and the baseband version is N7100BUALI8, build number is JRO03C.N7100XXALIJ, which contains some of the Vodafone apps that cannot be uninstalled. All the stock rooms available to download are not matched. For warranty reason, if I want to have it warranty, I need to put it back to the original firmware as well as not having any binary counter. Thus, I would like to have my original firmware back up before install anything that could put me at risk.

I am not sure if NANDROID backup is the option that I need but when I tried, your tool guides me to use ODIN to flash a unsecured boot image, which I think will raise the counter and I did not continue.

Many thanks and I am looking forward to using your tool.
7th October 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #26  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,736
 
11,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duongnt

Hi mskip

I wonder if your tool can be used to extract my current rom? My note2 is Vodafone contract and the baseband version is N7100BUALI8, build number is JRO03C.N7100XXALIJ, which contains some of the Vodafone apps that cannot be uninstalled. All the stock rooms available to download are not matched. For warranty reason, if I want to have it warranty, I need to put it back to the original firmware as well as not having any binary counter. Thus, I would like to have my original firmware back up before install anything that could put me at risk.

I am not sure if NANDROID backup is the option that I need but when I tried, your tool guides me to use ODIN to flash a unsecured boot image, which I think will raise the counter and I did not continue.

Many thanks and I am looking forward to using your tool.

There is no way that you will be able to back up your current Rom without raising the flash counter as you will need to either flash an insecure kernel or flash a custom recovery. The best way to keep it as close to stock as possible is to flash cwm recovery, boot to recovery and backup the rom. The only stock part that will not be saved is the recovery but you can easily flash a stock recovery after restoring the image. Of course that requires flashing cwm recovery which will raise the flash counter so if you are really that worried then maybe you should just stick with stock until the flash counter can be reset. Im sure it wont take too long.

Personally my flash counter is upto 15 already

Mark.
Last edited by mskip; 7th October 2012 at 11:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #27  
not-i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sunshine Coast, Australia
Thanks Meter: 6,210
 
2,011 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip


Personally my flash counter is upto 15 already

Mark.

Mines up to 83

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
8th October 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #28  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,736
 
11,162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-i

Mines up to 83

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

What on earth have you flashed 83 times in 1 week lol.

Mark.
8th October 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #29  
htc6500uk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Midlands - UK
Thanks Meter: 116
 
368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Samsung have released source code for the Note II so that should really help devs. Triangle Away can't be far off hopefully.

http://sammobile.com/2012/10/08/sams...note-ii-n-7100


Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to htc6500uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #30  
not-i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sunshine Coast, Australia
Thanks Meter: 6,210
 
2,011 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

What on earth have you flashed 83 times in 1 week lol.

Mark.

i haven't. I tried to flash stock rooted rom via odin but replaced recovery.bin with chenglu's cwm recovery.bin.

It got stuck on recovery during flash and wouldn't continue. Once I got it back to download mode it was up to 70 odd, ha ha.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Android Development by ThreadRank