5,814,797 Members 50,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 GSM] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image

Tip us?

vartanm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamso View Post
What I can say is if you want to keep root without using anything, you can flash your new firmware whatever the region you choose with Mobile Odin and not Odin PC.
ok great
I was reading that I must choose the region according to my country I live in Lebanon, so that the signal quality stays strong and the battery won't drain fast etc.. that's why I'm in panic and wanna know what region to choose from. so If you know what region works best for lebanon plz can you tell me.
thanks I'll do it with odin after I know the region that works best.

kamso
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartanm View Post
ok great
I was reading that I must choose the region according to my country I live in Lebanon, so that the signal quality stays strong and the battery won't drain fast etc.. that's why I'm in panic and wanna know what region to choose from. so If you know what region works best for lebanon plz can you tell me.
thanks I'll do it with odin after I know the region that works best.
I think your problem is that there is no firmware to Lebanon. You can therefore choose the firmware of a country close to Lebanon. But I don't think it is too serious because me, I live in Africa and I always use firmwares for France. My national language is French.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vartanm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamso View Post
I think your problem is that there is no firmware to Lebanon. You can therefore choose the firmware of a country close to Lebanon. But I don't think it is too serious because me, I live in Africa and I always use firmwares for France. My national language is French.
ok thx dear
i'll download and install this
N7100XXDMC3 N7100OXXDMC2 - United Kingdom

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,715

DONATE TO ME
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V4.1.5 [15TH APRIL 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Updated CWM and TWRP Recovery to latest available versions for all variants
+Added SHV-E250L Korean LG U+ variant to support list
+Added GSM GT-N7100 [build DMC3] support
+Added LTE GT-N7105 [build DMC3] support
+Added ATT SGH-I317 [build AMA4] support
+Fixed adb procedures [backup, install] not working with insecure boot image flashed
Models fixed so far are GT-N7100, GT-N7105, SPH-L900, SGH-T889, SHV-E250L [The rest will follow soon]
+Updated several procedures in main Toolkit code

If your model has the fixed insecure boot images to allow adb backup and adb install without having to flash back the stock boot image then after the Auto Update has installed your model boot images will be deleted from the root folder so the new images can be downloaded.

If you cannot get or do not want to update to the professional version with Auto Updates then you can download the latest CWM Recovery image for your model from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager and TWRP images can be found at http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 You can convert .img files to .tar via the Toolkit and then flash via Odin.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please email toolkit.support@skipsoft.net about them and do not post in the open thread]

Mark.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bhupen Gaitonde
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V4.1.5 [15TH APRIL 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Updated CWM and TWRP Recovery to latest available versions for all variants
+Added SHV-E250L Korean LG U+ variant to support list
+Added GSM GT-N7100 [build DMC3] support
+Added LTE GT-N7105 [build DMC3] support
+Added ATT SGH-I317 [build AMA4] support
+Fixed adb procedures [backup, install] not working with insecure boot image flashed
Models fixed so far are GT-N7100, GT-N7105, SPH-L900, SGH-T889, SHV-E250L [The rest will follow soon]
+Updated several procedures in main Toolkit code

If your model has the fixed insecure boot images to allow adb backup and adb install without having to flash back the stock boot image then after the Auto Update has installed your model boot images will be deleted from the root folder so the new images can be downloaded.

If you cannot get or do not want to update to the professional version with Auto Updates then you can download the latest CWM Recovery image for your model from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager and TWRP images can be found at http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 You can convert .img files to .tar via the Toolkit and then flash via Odin.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the professional features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other professional features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please email toolkit.support@skipsoft.net about them and do not post in the open thread]

Mark.
Can u please send me the link to download the toolkit v4,1,5.

thanks again.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Friends,

I am having problem restoring the backup created using toolkit V4.1.0.

My model number is N7100 with DMC3 which is now not supported by toolkit 4.1.0 but is supported by 4.1.5.

Help pls...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks,

Samsung Galaxy Note II - JB - 4.3 - Stock.. For Now..
Apple Iphone 4 - IOS - 7 - Just AWESOME.. But bit laggy..
Nokia Lumia 520 - Win 8 - Amber, waiting for Win 8.1 - Not Bad..

Bhupen Gaitonde
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Check my screenshot for reference that my backup is stuck at this app during every time I try to restore.

Please help..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366274974587.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1892325  
Thanks,

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,715

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupen Gaitonde View Post
Check my screenshot for reference that my backup is stuck at this app during every time I try to restore.

Please help..

Some apps are known to crash the restore process. It may eventually work if you keep trying but if it doesn't then im afraid theres not much that can be done as nothing can be extracted from the google adb backup.

Mark.

Bhupen Gaitonde
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Thanks alot.

I dont know what happened but all the apps got restored somehow.

Still thanks alot for ur kind support..

Thanks,

mrej201
Old
Thanks Meter 102
you seriously need another mirror good.im is so slow i have to wait 50 minutes to download 84mb when my internet is 50mbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen View Post
Amazing how a a handfull of Devs on here can accomplish more in a weekend then a multiBillion Dollar company can in 6 months.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,715

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrej201 View Post
you seriously need another mirror good.im is so slow i have to wait 50 minutes to download 84mb when my internet is 50mbs
I can mirror the installation package to another server but it will still rely on goo.im to download the model specific files via the Toolkit. I can maybe get round that by pinging both servers that host the model files (goo.im and skipsoft.net) and then give a choice which server to download from but I was just trying to make it easier for the end user by automating that part.

Mark.

The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]