Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you flash a Verizon Galaxy S3 to SPRINT?

Tip us?

diamondprincessxoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] How do you flash a Verizon Galaxy S3 to SPRINT?

Im sort of new with flashing a phone to a different carrier. ive done everything from rooting and custom roms but never this...

im considering buying a samsung galaxy s3 for verizon, but i need to know if its possible to flash it to sprint and if so, how to flash it.

ive seen different posts and different websites saying u can go to sprint and ask them to activate it... i doubt that will ever work. i just want to know the steps to flashing the phone from verizon to sprint (maybe like a software or a set of steps?) --- before i buy the phone...

if anyone can help id really appreciate it.

Speedin07si
Old
Thanks Meter 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondprincessxoo View Post
Im sort of new with flashing a phone to a different carrier. ive done everything from rooting and custom roms but never this...

im considering buying a samsung galaxy s3 for verizon, but i need to know if its possible to flash it to sprint and if so, how to flash it.

ive seen different posts and different websites saying u can go to sprint and ask them to activate it... i doubt that will ever work. i just want to know the steps to flashing the phone from verizon to sprint (maybe like a software or a set of steps?) --- before i buy the phone...

I haven't seen this done yet, may be easier to just but a Sprint one.

Your issue will be the radios Verizon goes off a different bandwidth. And unless you get the developer edition, you have to deal with the locked boot loader bs.

Sent from Pluto.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.

diamondprincessxoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si View Post

Your issue will be the radios Verizon goes off a different bandwidth. And unless you get the developer edition, you have to deal with the locked boot loader bs.

Sent from Pluto.

damn =/ that sucks

thanks anyways.

diamondprincessxoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
i know this may not be legal but what if i use the esn/imei from my old samsung galaxy s phone? do you think it still would have a chance to work?

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13601
Quote:
i know this may not be legal but what if i use the esn/imei from my old samsung galaxy s phone? do you think it still would have a chance to work?
no
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

iFLASHPHONES
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default its possible

i have flashed like 4 verizon s3's to boost same method as sprint.
3g works
mms works

Quote:

ervis1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can anyone help me figure out what i am doing wrong to get 3G and MMS working???????

Guys i cannot for the life of me figure out what i am doing wrong..
I have tried this so many different times and still getting the same results...
I have voice and text so i have done snnn repair already can make call from boost number send text ...
when i have the sim in sometimes i can get 1X but never 3G..
I have tried the following settings from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1727949&page=5
I know that i am pretty close but not quite there... can someone please help???

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
Default Re: [Q] How do you flash a Verizon Galaxy S3 to SPRINT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si View Post

Sent from Pluto.
Yeah, why go through all the brain damage? Just buy a sprint gs3.

Asadullah
Old
Thanks Meter 280

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervis1 View Post
Guys i cannot for the life of me figure out what i am doing wrong..
I have tried this so many different times and still getting the same results...
I have voice and text so i have done snnn repair already can make call from boost number send text ...
when i have the sim in sometimes i can get 1X but never 3G..
I have tried the following settings from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1727949&page=5
I know that i am pretty close but not quite there... can someone please help???
How did you get voice and text? I have 3g but no voice or text which is really crazy

thensley12131983
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default will never have lte service

correct me if i'm wrong but i've been reading that the LTE from at&t version and sprint aren't compatible so that would lead me to think that a verizon phone on sprint would never have LTE

Tags
flash, how to flash, samsung galaxy s3, sprint, verizon