I would suggest people who are thinking of buying Mi 500 to take a look at A21 cuz someone posted this -
Today purchased the A21 from the local store here in Kolhapur @ Rs. 9,900/- Giving the details here which I think may help you a lot for the review. Also, I think this may clear many doubts from the readers.
1. The Overall build quality is OK but I can tell you that its not that much impressive as compared to MMX A100 – My previous phone. Doesn’t give that premium look at all. Although its quite light weight and handy for sure.
2. Battery is 1800 mAH which seems to be good enough for a single or even 1.5 days for the heavy user. Definitely will last longer than A100.
3. Coming to the system, the Processor is Qualcom Snapdragon clocked at 1.2 GHz. The Chipset is MSM 8625 with Dual Core ARMv7 processor.
4. GPU is Adreno 203.
5. RAM is 512 MB out of which Available RAM is 386 MB. Application Storage memory is 581 MB (Its not RAM) & Internal Storage is 2.57 GB.
6. Screen size is 4.5 Inches & the plus point is that yes its qHD resolution of 540 x 960 pixels.
7. Rear Camera is 5.0 MP with 2592 x 1944.
8. An Tu Tu Benchnark score was 5247 whereas Quadrant Standard gave a Benchmark score of 2502.
9. 720p HD videos played well & smoothly without any lags. (Didn’t played on my MMX A100) Yet to try the 1080p full HD videos. Will update it tomorrow.
10. HD games like ASPHALT and even heavy HD games like DEAD TRIGGER, CS PORTABLE were played without any lags at all. Quite amazing experience as compared to MMX A100.
11. Loudspeaker quality is OK but not as loud as on A100. Headphone quality is average.
12. All the Sensors are there like Light, Proximity and G-Sensor. No Magnetic Sensor though.
13. 5.0 MP Camera is able to record videos at 720 x 480 HD resolutions only. Camera quality is a little bit higher though as compared to A100. Yet to check the Picture quality at night though.
14. Multi touch tester shows 5 Multi-touch points (Same as A100 but) but I can tell you that the touch response is very good as compared to most of the devices in this range. Awesome.
15. I think KARBONN haven’t done any Customization at all for ICS. Standard OS is as it is.
Will update in couple of days about the other details when I go through it. I think its enough for the people to make the decision.
I think its worth the cost especially looking at the qHD Screen, 1.2 GHz Dual Core, Flawless performance, etc.