Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very Sensitive S Pen

Tip us?

bobotski
Old
(Last edited by bobotski; 7th October 2012 at 03:33 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Very Sensitive S Pen

Good day. I'd like to consult some issues I have with my S Pen sensitivity. It's too sensitive that it triggers a tap or swipe even if the pen is away from the screen (maybe 5-8mm away). Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Firmware is XXLIH. Thanks!

Edit: Also tried turning off Air View and still had same issues.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

snakkarike
Old
Thanks Meter 61
faulty spen get it replaced

bobotski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakkarike View Post
faulty spen get it replaced
Looks like it, tried my note 1 S Pen and it working fine. Just sent a message to my shop so I can consult them with the issue. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

thedicemaster
Old
Thanks Meter 261
the s-pen works with a button integrated into the tip, so it can't cause touches without actually touching something.
it most likely means your tip is broken/stuck so it constantly thinks you're touching the screen.

you can try moving the tip around a bit to see if loosens it enough to respond the way it should, but if that doesn't work you'll have to contact samsung or the store you bought your note 2 at to get either the stylus or the entire phone replaced.
replacing the stylus should be enough, but stores usually don't replace single accessories when they are included with a device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedicemaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobotski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
the s-pen works with a button integrated into the tip, so it can't cause touches without actually touching something.
it most likely means your tip is broken/stuck so it constantly thinks you're touching the screen.

you can try moving the tip around a bit to see if loosens it enough to respond the way it should, but if that doesn't work you'll have to contact samsung or the store you bought your note 2 at to get either the stylus or the entire phone replaced.
replacing the stylus should be enough, but stores usually don't replace single accessories when they are included with a device.
I did that and actually worked! Pen is now stable onscreen. Will observe if this issue still persists tomorrow. Thanks for the tip (no pun intended )

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

sstanton86
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Hey guys. Rather then start a new thread. I did a quick search and found this one.

I have the same issue as the OP. My pen seems too sensitive. When I scroll across apps or through the gallery, whilst hovering the pen a few millimetres above the screen, it clicks on stuff. This shouldn't happen right? It seems it does it more so in the top right corner. If any of you have the samsung weather widget on the homescreen there, all I have to do is hover the pen above the refresh button and it sometimes will just continually click on the refresh button. Its annoying. I'm just hoping its the s pen and not the note itself!

P.s I love this phone! !!

sstanton86
Old
Thanks Meter 42

CekMTL
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Funny as I also had this weird behavior, and just rotating a little bit the tip loosened it up, and now all is well.
Tried to reproduce the issue with normal usage, and I wasn't able to trigger it again... will observe for a day and see what to do, as this N2 is just sweeeeet working !

Thx for the tip!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CekMTL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edwinmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re:

No doubt i have heard several time about the problem of S Pen over sensitivity but in most cases the reason has been seen with the sensor. So, I think better is that you replace it with Samsung because i don't think there would be any other solution. The problem is related with Sensor and you should replace it as soon as possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edwinmiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sstanton86
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Thanks guys. As you say, might be difficult to exchange it now as its only the stylus. As the phone is working flawlessly!

I'll use it for a few more days and see. Hopefully it'll loosen on it's own behalf!