FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[HOW-TO] Downgrade from JB to ICS with locked bootloader

270 posts
Thanks Meter: 464

By cedesmith, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th October 2012, 03:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th October 2012, 11:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I keep getting the android with red exclamation mark. I did everything posted here but I did it through my tablet. I named the file like it says here and put it on the root of my SD. I extracted the file. Do I need to extract or no?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

17th October 2012, 12:09 AM |#12  
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 33

More
The file you get from Asus is a .zip file. Inside it is another .zip file. Unzip ONE TIME and rename the .zip file while it is on your PC. Then copy it to the sdcard. I used a sdcard reader connected to my PC to copy the file then popped it in the tablet.

when I tried to do it all on the tablet I got the same results. (it no workie)
Last edited by flhthemi; 17th October 2012 at 12:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to flhthemi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2012, 06:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can new JB 10.4.4.18 be downgraded to ics too?
18th October 2012, 06:37 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohou

Can new JB 10.4.4.18 be downgraded to ics too?

This?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
18th October 2012, 06:44 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
I don't see why not, it's only a minor update

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
18th October 2012, 07:34 AM |#16  

More
Wtf I keep getting the Android with red exclamation...... I am locked with no root still on .16 I wiped everything and I'm still getting the freaking same ****.. Is pissing me off cuz IM really trying to go back down to ics. I need help. I did everything posted here. I even did through the computer now and still nothing.. I swear I am about to shove it out a window

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
18th October 2012, 06:27 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1,651

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hit173

Wtf I keep getting the Android with red exclamation...... I am locked with no root still on .16 I wiped everything and I'm still getting the freaking same ****.. Is pissing me off cuz IM really trying to go back down to ics. I need help. I did everything posted here. I even did through the computer now and still nothing.. I swear I am about to shove it out a window

Can you describe exactly what steps you did in your own words here so I can help?
18th October 2012, 09:24 PM |#18  

More
do i have to copy that to an SD card, or would it be enough to copy it on the tablet? dont have an SD card yet^^
18th October 2012, 09:27 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr4wn3r

do i have to copy that to an SD card, or would it be enough to copy it on the tablet? dont have an SD card yet^^

yes, you can copy it to the root of your internal sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2012, 09:39 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hit173

having the same problem.
when trying to get into recovery mode (power + vol down, then select the recovery mode) i dont get into recovery mode, but i get a dead android with an exclamation mark..
18th October 2012, 10:30 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr4wn3r

having the same problem.
when trying to get into recovery mode (power + vol down, then select the recovery mode) i dont get into recovery mode, but i get a dead android with an exclamation mark..

You need to describe the process in your OWN words, so we can help.
Also make sure you don't have any ZIP files in the root of your internal sdcard.
Red exclamation mark usually caused by:
1. Corrupted download file (re download)
2. Incorrect file name (make sure the download file from Asus website is unzip, the second zip file rename to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
3. Extra zip files in the root directory (delete all the zip file in internal or external root directory of SD card)
4. corrupted external sd card (if you use external sdcard, just reformat with fat32).
5. Frozen system apps/modified properties file.(unfreeze sall system apps and restore original properties file)
Last edited by buhohitr; 18th October 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread