Post Reply

Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?

OP Sianspheric

10th February 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #151  
jayRokk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rack City
Thanks Meter: 2,153
 
3,018 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveandroid16

One question.. Can you say you absolutely love your phone? I couldn't when I had the SGS3. I can say that about my iPhone 5 though.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I do.. Way more than I did apple..
I find it weird your user name is "I love android" but you're in here down talking the gs3, and using an iPhone to access tapatalk... There is an iPhone website.. Use that to bash android ... Don't do it here.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jayRokk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #152  
iloveandroid16's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Pierce, Florida
Thanks Meter: 47
 
437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobstradamus

I can. Coming from the iPhone 4 and getting the gs3 and case for free probably also helped, but I love it. Also probably helps I have an iPad and work at my schools technology help desk so I'm also on peoples iPhone 5's anyways.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Okay, I guess it really does come to preference. When I has the sgs3 the screen is what bugged me out the most. I loved the size but the pentile matrix was a turn off. A lot of my family members has iPhones & every time I compared our screen the sgs3 whites looked yellow/greenish or just blue looking. If you do a screen test with a app you will notice the greens are the most clearest for whatever reason. Reds, blue's & every other color really shows the pentile tech. The sgs4 should be great looking though if the rumors are correct.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayRokk

I do.. Way more than I did apple..
I find it weird your user name is "I love android" but you're in here down talking the gs3, and using an iPhone to access tapatalk... There is an iPhone website.. Use that to bash android ... Don't do it here.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I love android not the sgs3. I have many android devices so you're dismissed.


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
10th February 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #153  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
I came from an iPhone 4, my first smartphone, and now have had a Galaxy S3 since the first week of July. I was completely happy with the iPhone except for the screen size. Honestly, both phones have their pro and cons and it is quite absurd to bash either since there is no perfect phone.

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I upgraded my phone about 4 months before she did and was hoping that she also would switch from the iPhone 4 to the S3. I let her fool with my phone multiple times during those 4 months but she definitely preferred Apple's OS. I've messed with her phone as well and do not regret my decision because my #1 criterion is screen size. However, my battery life isn't as good as hers, and both GSMarena and Anandtech point this out. Judging by the very many threads on this subject, this is no secret and, unfortunately, 3 hours of screen time is very poor. Also, my phone gets extremely hot on LTE or after playing Dead Trigger for 5 minutes. Again, the many threads on the heat issue bear this out.

I admit that I am also worried about the hardware failures that have been reported on the Galaxy S3. Personally, since Apple will probably never release a phone with at least a 4.7 in screen, I will stick with Android and I am looking very forward to what the Google Motorola X phone will provide. The Galaxy Note 3 might interest me as well, as long as it doesn't increase its 5.5 in. screen.

As a side note, I have been very disappointed with the Jellybean update. My phone has slowed down and there is more lag than with ICS
13th February 2013, 05:43 AM   |  #154  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa1970

I came from an iPhone 4, my first smartphone, and now have had a Galaxy S3 since the first week of July. I was completely happy with the iPhone except for the screen size. Honestly, both phones have their pro and cons and it is quite absurd to bash either since there is no perfect phone.

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I upgraded my phone about 4 months before she did and was hoping that she also would switch from the iPhone 4 to the S3. I let her fool with my phone multiple times during those 4 months but she definitely preferred Apple's OS. I've messed with her phone as well and do not regret my decision because my #1 criterion is screen size. However, my battery life isn't as good as hers, and both GSMarena and Anandtech point this out. Judging by the very many threads on this subject, this is no secret and, unfortunately, 3 hours of screen time is very poor. Also, my phone gets extremely hot on LTE or after playing Dead Trigger for 5 minutes. Again, the many threads on the heat issue bear this out.

I admit that I am also worried about the hardware failures that have been reported on the Galaxy S3. Personally, since Apple will probably never release a phone with at least a 4.7 in screen, I will stick with Android and I am looking very forward to what the Google Motorola X phone will provide. The Galaxy Note 3 might interest me as well, as long as it doesn't increase its 5.5 in. screen.

As a side note, I have been very disappointed with the Jellybean update. My phone has slowed down and there is more lag than with ICS

Overheating issues and slowing down after jb seem like a small red flag. I know quite a few people with sgs3s and have two in my household and none have these issues. I don't frequent these forums as often as I use to, but it seems like you may have a hardware issue. The only time my phones get hot are when I'm playing a game while charging.... other than that, it stays pretty darn cool, especially compared to every iPhone I've ever had that would get so warm that it would be uncomfortable against my ear after 15-20 minus of talking. Last iPhone I had was the 4.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 08:41 PM   |  #155  
mumbo jumbo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
I love the pop up sms feature. On my iPhone I would either have to come out of my app or ignore the sms. The only way I was able to get it was to jailbreak my phone and use biteSMS.

Also the recent update to the on screen video (resizeable) is cool too.

My friend went from the iPhone 5 to the sg3 when I told him about it. He's thinking of going back but I love the out of the box customization, look and feel of y sg3...I'm hooked

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #156  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraffman

Overheating issues and slowing down after jb seem like a small red flag. I know quite a few people with sgs3s and have two in my household and none have these issues. I don't frequent these forums as often as I use to, but it seems like you may have a hardware issue. The only time my phones get hot are when I'm playing a game while charging.... other than that, it stays pretty darn cool, especially compared to every iPhone I've ever had that would get so warm that it would be uncomfortable against my ear after 15-20 minus of talking. Last iPhone I had was the 4.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

There are a lot of people here who have reported and a lot of threads here (most combined) about the Galaxy S3 getting extremely hot. If you google it you will see that it is a very common problem, probably the #1 or #2 most common compliant about the Galaxy 3. Mind you, I am not talking about the phone getting warm, which is common with all smartphones with good hardware. I'm talking about the phone getting extremely hot on LTE or after gaming for about five minutes. I had an iPhone 4 and it never reached such temperatures while gaming for +30 minutes, not even close. I, personally, would never go back to the iPhone 4 but I'm going to call it as it is. My wife also had a 4 and now has an iPhone 5 and was shocked when I showed her how hot the bottom part of my screen gets.

Admittedly, the slowdown and lag with Jellybean isn't as a common issue, but if you have it as I do it is very annoying. I will probably root after the warranty expires and possibly and hopefully that will fix the heat and slight lag issue.
14th February 2013, 12:42 AM   |  #157  
CamFlawless's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
1,494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa1970


Admittedly, the slowdown and lag with Jellybean isn't as a common issue, but if you have it as I do it is very annoying. I will probably root after the warranty expires and possibly and hopefully that will fix the heat and slight lag issue.

Root makes everything better.

Seriously.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamFlawless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #158  
Manufactured consent's Avatar
Member
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 27
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFlawless

Root makes everything better.

Seriously.

I second that!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 04:01 PM   |  #159  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
GMaps, GMail, GTalk, notifications, camera, and root!
17th February 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #160  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?
+1 root makes everything better!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank