Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?

Tip us?

jayRokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,936
Default Re: Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveandroid16 View Post
One question.. Can you say you absolutely love your phone? I couldn't when I had the SGS3. I can say that about my iPhone 5 though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
I do.. Way more than I did apple..
I find it weird your user name is "I love android" but you're in here down talking the gs3, and using an iPhone to access tapatalk... There is an iPhone website.. Use that to bash android ... Don't do it here.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayRokk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iloveandroid16
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Default Recent iPhone users who migrated to the GS3 - Favorite Features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobstradamus View Post
I can. Coming from the iPhone 4 and getting the gs3 and case for free probably also helped, but I love it. Also probably helps I have an iPad and work at my schools technology help desk so I'm also on peoples iPhone 5's anyways.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Okay, I guess it really does come to preference. When I has the sgs3 the screen is what bugged me out the most. I loved the size but the pentile matrix was a turn off. A lot of my family members has iPhones & every time I compared our screen the sgs3 whites looked yellow/greenish or just blue looking. If you do a screen test with a app you will notice the greens are the most clearest for whatever reason. Reds, blue's & every other color really shows the pentile tech. The sgs4 should be great looking though if the rumors are correct.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayRokk View Post
I do.. Way more than I did apple..
I find it weird your user name is "I love android" but you're in here down talking the gs3, and using an iPhone to access tapatalk... There is an iPhone website.. Use that to bash android ... Don't do it here.

I love android not the sgs3. I have many android devices so you're dismissed.

Capa1970
Old
Thanks Meter 12

I came from an iPhone 4, my first smartphone, and now have had a Galaxy S3 since the first week of July. I was completely happy with the iPhone except for the screen size. Honestly, both phones have their pro and cons and it is quite absurd to bash either since there is no perfect phone.

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I upgraded my phone about 4 months before she did and was hoping that she also would switch from the iPhone 4 to the S3. I let her fool with my phone multiple times during those 4 months but she definitely preferred Apple's OS. I've messed with her phone as well and do not regret my decision because my #1 criterion is screen size. However, my battery life isn't as good as hers, and both GSMarena and Anandtech point this out. Judging by the very many threads on this subject, this is no secret and, unfortunately, 3 hours of screen time is very poor. Also, my phone gets extremely hot on LTE or after playing Dead Trigger for 5 minutes. Again, the many threads on the heat issue bear this out.

I admit that I am also worried about the hardware failures that have been reported on the Galaxy S3. Personally, since Apple will probably never release a phone with at least a 4.7 in screen, I will stick with Android and I am looking very forward to what the Google Motorola X phone will provide. The Galaxy Note 3 might interest me as well, as long as it doesn't increase its 5.5 in. screen.

As a side note, I have been very disappointed with the Jellybean update. My phone has slowed down and there is more lag than with ICS

theraffman
Old
Thanks Meter 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa1970 View Post
I came from an iPhone 4, my first smartphone, and now have had a Galaxy S3 since the first week of July. I was completely happy with the iPhone except for the screen size. Honestly, both phones have their pro and cons and it is quite absurd to bash either since there is no perfect phone.

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I upgraded my phone about 4 months before she did and was hoping that she also would switch from the iPhone 4 to the S3. I let her fool with my phone multiple times during those 4 months but she definitely preferred Apple's OS. I've messed with her phone as well and do not regret my decision because my #1 criterion is screen size. However, my battery life isn't as good as hers, and both GSMarena and Anandtech point this out. Judging by the very many threads on this subject, this is no secret and, unfortunately, 3 hours of screen time is very poor. Also, my phone gets extremely hot on LTE or after playing Dead Trigger for 5 minutes. Again, the many threads on the heat issue bear this out.

I admit that I am also worried about the hardware failures that have been reported on the Galaxy S3. Personally, since Apple will probably never release a phone with at least a 4.7 in screen, I will stick with Android and I am looking very forward to what the Google Motorola X phone will provide. The Galaxy Note 3 might interest me as well, as long as it doesn't increase its 5.5 in. screen.

As a side note, I have been very disappointed with the Jellybean update. My phone has slowed down and there is more lag than with ICS
Overheating issues and slowing down after jb seem like a small red flag. I know quite a few people with sgs3s and have two in my household and none have these issues. I don't frequent these forums as often as I use to, but it seems like you may have a hardware issue. The only time my phones get hot are when I'm playing a game while charging.... other than that, it stays pretty darn cool, especially compared to every iPhone I've ever had that would get so warm that it would be uncomfortable against my ear after 15-20 minus of talking. Last iPhone I had was the 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

mumbo jumbo
Old
Thanks Meter 95

I love the pop up sms feature. On my iPhone I would either have to come out of my app or ignore the sms. The only way I was able to get it was to jailbreak my phone and use biteSMS.

Also the recent update to the on screen video (resizeable) is cool too.

My friend went from the iPhone 5 to the sg3 when I told him about it. He's thinking of going back but I love the out of the box customization, look and feel of y sg3...I'm hooked

Capa1970
Old
Thanks Meter 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraffman View Post
Overheating issues and slowing down after jb seem like a small red flag. I know quite a few people with sgs3s and have two in my household and none have these issues. I don't frequent these forums as often as I use to, but it seems like you may have a hardware issue. The only time my phones get hot are when I'm playing a game while charging.... other than that, it stays pretty darn cool, especially compared to every iPhone I've ever had that would get so warm that it would be uncomfortable against my ear after 15-20 minus of talking. Last iPhone I had was the 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
There are a lot of people here who have reported and a lot of threads here (most combined) about the Galaxy S3 getting extremely hot. If you google it you will see that it is a very common problem, probably the #1 or #2 most common compliant about the Galaxy 3. Mind you, I am not talking about the phone getting warm, which is common with all smartphones with good hardware. I'm talking about the phone getting extremely hot on LTE or after gaming for about five minutes. I had an iPhone 4 and it never reached such temperatures while gaming for +30 minutes, not even close. I, personally, would never go back to the iPhone 4 but I'm going to call it as it is. My wife also had a 4 and now has an iPhone 5 and was shocked when I showed her how hot the bottom part of my screen gets.

Admittedly, the slowdown and lag with Jellybean isn't as a common issue, but if you have it as I do it is very annoying. I will probably root after the warranty expires and possibly and hopefully that will fix the heat and slight lag issue.

CamFlawless
Old
Thanks Meter 1,495

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa1970 View Post

Admittedly, the slowdown and lag with Jellybean isn't as a common issue, but if you have it as I do it is very annoying. I will probably root after the warranty expires and possibly and hopefully that will fix the heat and slight lag issue.
Root makes everything better.

Seriously.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamFlawless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Manufactured consent
Old
Thanks Meter 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFlawless View Post
Root makes everything better.

Seriously.
I second that!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

spindley
Old
Thanks Meter 5
GMaps, GMail, GTalk, notifications, camera, and root!

jaywithag
Old
Thanks Meter 5

+1 root makes everything better!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app