Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't download MMS messages?

Tip us?

darrenp76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't download MMS messages?

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

rymanh
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp76 View Post
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Have you been able to download mms messages before on your T989? Do you have a data plan?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Tornade69
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M (rooted)
Recovery: TWRP-2.7.1.0
Rom: VLUEMK5 with 4.1.2 (MVLDLK4) bootloader
Radio : VLUEMK5
Memory: 32gb Class 10

My works :
My Touch0Color Theme for T989D
Big Yellow Smiley for SMS Jedi Jelly T989D
The Following User Says Thank You to Tornade69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darrenp76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I have a data plan. I've only had it for a few weeks and I've never recieved an mms until a week ago and it didnt work. I tried the autoretrieve box on or off and it still didnt work. I read that it may have something to do with my VPN?

ITALIANNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Are you connected to wifi?

If you are, just restart your phone and click download. Always works for me

darrenp76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?

Bluntified
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?
Its your APN not VPN, they're different. You could be missing some fields in your APN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
Current: Samsung S4 I337m Rooted w/TowelRoot, Stock Debloated ROM.
Previous: Samsung GS2 T989D Unlocked SIM, Rooted, CWR, CM10.2 [] HTC Bravo/Desire Unlocked SIM, Rooted, S-OFF, Custom HBoot, CM7.2, Fully Loaded. [] HTC Vogue/Touch Android 1.0 (HTC Hero Port) using Haret,
+ Many more non android "phones".

sharonbw
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornade69 View Post
Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
Wow! Finally found a fix for this annoying malfunction. Thank you thank you thank you!

SG2 i777 running supernexus but couldn't download mms even before root.

Sent from my original Kindle Fire masquerading as a Galaxy Nexus