Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't download MMS messages?

OP darrenp76

8th October 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.
8th October 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 252

950 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp76

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Have you been able to download mms messages before on your T989? Do you have a data plan?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
8th October 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal Northshore
Thanks Meter: 154

281 posts
More
Quote:

Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Tornade69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Yes, I have a data plan. I've only had it for a few weeks and I've never recieved an mms until a week ago and it didnt work. I tried the autoretrieve box on or off and it still didnt work. I read that it may have something to do with my VPN?
9th October 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

237 posts
Are you connected to wifi?

If you are, just restart your phone and click download. Always works for me
9th October 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?
9th October 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Sauga
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
Quote:

I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?

Its your APN not VPN, they're different. You could be missing some fields in your APN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
25th October 2012, 07:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 136

668 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornade69

Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Wow! Finally found a fix for this annoying malfunction. Thank you thank you thank you!

SG2 i777 running supernexus but couldn't download mms even before root.

Sent from my original Kindle Fire masquerading as a Galaxy Nexus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread