[Q] Root for Moto Razr V XT885

OP SynysterCarm

9th October 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amherstburg
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi all. I don't want to come off as a total noob, but I'm sorry if I do. I have a Motorola Razr V XT885 with Bell Mobility in Canada. I've searched the web for a way of rooting and unlocking the bootloader on my device and have found little to no help. I know this isn't a popular phone as it's only available in Canada and some parts of Asia, but is there a way to root and unlock the bootloader? From the sounds of things there isn't a Jellybean update coming any time soon and I would really like to flash a custom rom on this thing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
15th October 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterCarm

Hi all. I don't want to come off as a total noob, but I'm sorry if I do. I have a Motorola Razr V XT885 with Bell Mobility in Canada. I've searched the web for a way of rooting and unlocking the bootloader on my device and have found little to no help. I know this isn't a popular phone as it's only available in Canada and some parts of Asia, but is there a way to root and unlock the bootloader? From the sounds of things there isn't a Jellybean update coming any time soon and I would really like to flash a custom rom on this thing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1844185

This worked for me... I still do not know how to get a recovery or custom ROMs on mine, If you figure it out, send me a message.

Cheers
10th February 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanmonster

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1844185

This worked for me... I still do not know how to get a recovery or custom ROMs on mine, If you figure it out, send me a message.

Cheers

I figured out how to get custom recovery, you download Boot Menu Manager from the market it works perfect, I managed to boot up a XT910 ROM on it but lots of bugs as its not for our phone, just need a smart person to make us up a ROM
18th May 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

279 posts
More
Worked for my XT885. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread