For the ones, who don't know what multiwindow-feature is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6c7XaDWmJg
I diffed 2 different Note 2 ROMs (1 with multiwindow, 1 without), to point out the differences responsible for making multiwindow work.
This is what I could find out:
- you need 'multiwindow.jar' inside /system/framework (inside attached 'multiwindow' package)
- you need 3 additional xmls inside /system/etc/permissions (inside attached 'multiwindow' package)
- you need the app 'FlashBarService.apk' and according permission xml 'com.sec.feature.flashbar.xml' (inside attached 'FlashBar' package)
- various changes in xmls and strings within framework-res.apk have also to be done...attached 'framework' package with 1 'without mulitwindow' and 1 'with multiwindow' of original Note 2 ROMs: http://www.mediafire.com/?p6zem8je5sakvfg
- and the most tricky part: you need to port smalis inside 'android.policy.jar' to make it working (original Note 2 android.policy.jar inside attached 'multiwindow' package)
- --> there is one complete folder inside \com\android\internal\policy\impl\ called 'multiwindow' ==> you for sure have to add to your android.policy.jar
- --> there are several code-changes to be made inside \com\android\internal\policy\impl\PhoneWindowManag er.smali (at least to define backbutton working for starting multiwindow)
- --> maybe other changes in same folder to other smalis
I also attached the android.policy.jar from Note2-ROM without multiwindow --> it is for devs to diff and find out what to port in a more detailed way....
Unfortunately I am not good in porting smali-code, but for sure others are able to do that!
I guess, if this succeeds, there is a good chance to make it working on other Sammy-Devices, such as S3 or Note1....or the feature depends on more then just that - who knows
So someone with deeper smali / java knowledge should continue....
For the devs wanna diff themselves, here are the sources I used:
--> this is deodexed Odin-ROM with multiwindow enabled (so you have to unyaff system.img after DL): https://hotfile.com/dl/175413315/b8e...EODEX.zip.html
--> this is custom ROM by indie without multiwindow: http://depositfiles.com/files/g3zkghhq7