Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 40,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCONTINUED][ROM]CyanogenMod 7 for Micromax a60 [COMPILED FROM SOURCES]

Tip us?
 
Forever Alone
Old
(Last edited by Forever Alone; 17th July 2014 at 11:17 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 811
Posts: 277
Join Date: Jun 2012
Smile [DISCONTINUED][ROM]CyanogenMod 7 for Micromax a60 [COMPILED FROM SOURCES]

Welcome to CyanogenMod 7 For Micromax

Congrats Guys its the first CyanogenMod rom ever for ANY micromax device means Micromax A60 got the first CM7 compiled from sources ever!~!
Cheers!


This is fully compiled from CyanogenMod 7 sources!
Thanks Rom2maru@xda for helping me a lot....

This is build #1 so dont expect every thing working

Me and Keyur are working on CM7 to get a stable build for Micromax a60..
so please dont ask for ETAs please , we are working.


Working -
Project Closed!


Not Working -
Project Closed

Bugs that are easy to solve-
1 2D/3D
2 RILD
3 wifi (maybe)
4 Camera!
maybe some more

How to show support.

1 Show your support by hitting thanks and providing us logcats
2 Post replies here so we can see you are interested
3 By helping us in fixing bugs...
Download Section-

Direct download link.


How to install-
1 Download it
2 Place in SD
3 WIPE DATA (most imp)
4 Flash Rom
5 Reboot.


Please help me with logcat... (type in terminal-)
Code:
su
logcat>sdcard/log.txt
let it complete then upload log.txt from SD

Dont spam this Thread...Dont mirror my work...
My real story: (a Meme)
 



The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
raghu hunter
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: hyderabad
bro the download link not working
 
kD
Old
#3  
kD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2629
Posts: 1,138
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ahemedabad

 
DONATE TO ME
WTF ! No Replies :P
Quote:
I Do Support Open Source : http://github.com/keyur2maru


With Allwinner A10

Like my stuff? Hit that thanks button and help me fill my thanks meter!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
varun.chitre15
Old
#4  
varun.chitre15's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9535
Posts: 2,812
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sangli
Well just wanted throw a shout here.
I want to ask why P350 repo is used to do this? It is as same as performing a binary port with lots of data payload.
Official CyanogenMod Maintainer

Like my work? Please consider a donation via Paypal



Contributions

Sony Xperia L (Official CM | Kernel | Kernel control app) / Samsung Galaxy S Advance: (Custom ROM | Kernel) / Micromax A110 (ROM | Kernel) / Xiaomi Mi3 (Unofficial CM)

 
kD
Old
#5  
kD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2629
Posts: 1,138
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ahemedabad

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.chitre15 View Post
Well just wanted throw a shout here.
I want to ask why P350 repo is used to do this? It is as same as performing a binary port with lots of data payload.
hehe lol it is not binary port :P p350 is having same chipset as a60 namely msm7x27 and it is nearly same device :P so device config is ported to a60 !! first understand what is device config and what is compiled from source. can you tell me in what sense it is binary port ! device folder is open source ! checkout on my github : github.com/keyur2maru you gotta need to check boardconfig then you will know what is compiled from source first understand and then reply :P Regards , Keyur maru
Quote:
I Do Support Open Source : http://github.com/keyur2maru


With Allwinner A10

Like my stuff? Hit that thanks button and help me fill my thanks meter!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
varun.chitre15
Old
#6  
varun.chitre15's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9535
Posts: 2,812
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2maru View Post
hehe lol it is not binary port :P p350 is having same chipset as a60 namely msm7x27 and it is nearly same device :P so device config is ported to a60 !! first understand what is device config and what is compiled from source. can you tell me in what sense it is binary port ! device folder is open source ! checkout on my github : github.com/keyur2maru you gotta need to check boardconfig then you will know what is compiled from source first understand and then reply :P Regards , Keyur maru
Oh well don't tell that to me.
Same chipset doesn't mean that you just sync it from someones repo and build it?
Some common sense is needed to be used, you should have recommended him to build from CyanogenMod sources instead of pimping yours, and help him configure from scratch.
If this is the matter(and extent of your knowledge) why don't you mention what things you modified in the source in order to adapt for Micromax A60?
Official CyanogenMod Maintainer

Like my work? Please consider a donation via Paypal



Contributions

Sony Xperia L (Official CM | Kernel | Kernel control app) / Samsung Galaxy S Advance: (Custom ROM | Kernel) / Micromax A110 (ROM | Kernel) / Xiaomi Mi3 (Unofficial CM)

 
kD
Old
#7  
kD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2629
Posts: 1,138
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ahemedabad

 
DONATE TO ME
heehee lol first open my device config and check everything is modded ! for a60 and yeah you replied Rohan that Im copying ron stuff hehe !!
CM7 is Really Done by Drap and Pax0r not by Ron G

and about copying who said im copying :P I was the man for cm9 :P and checkout device config it is like written from scratch only :P checkout nothing is there related to p350 and if similar hardware is there ! it is ofcourse that we will port that device config to work with our device :P it is like RMCC ( LGE DeVICES MAINTAINER ) also do the same :P It is No need to write full from scratch :P i think you need to learn more not me :P

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

and we are not having having full source of cm7 it is only device config and source is synced from cm repo :P i think you need to learn more rather than me

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.chitre15 View Post
Well just wanted throw a shout here.
I want to ask why P350 repo is used to do this? It is as same as performing a binary port with lots of data payload.

who said you p350 repo is used LOL : eek: and it is not repo it is device config
Quote:
I Do Support Open Source : http://github.com/keyur2maru


With Allwinner A10

Like my stuff? Hit that thanks button and help me fill my thanks meter!
The Following User Says Thank You to kD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
varun.chitre15
Old
(Last edited by varun.chitre15; 14th October 2012 at 10:13 AM.)
#8  
varun.chitre15's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9535
Posts: 2,812
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2maru View Post
heehee lol first open my device config and check everything is modded ! for a60 and yeah you replied Rohan that Im copying ron stuff hehe !!
CM7 is Really Done by Drap and Pax0r not by Ron G

and about copying who said im copying :P I was the man for cm9 :P and checkout device config it is like written from scratch only :P checkout nothing is there related to p350 and if similar hardware is there ! it is ofcourse that we will port that device config to work with our device :P it is like RMCC ( LGE DeVICES MAINTAINER ) also do the same :P It is No need to write full from scratch :P i think you need to learn more not me :P

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

and we are not having having full source of cm7 it is only device config and source is synced from cm repo :P i think you need to learn more rather than me

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------




who said you p350 repo is used LOL : eek: and it is not repo it is device config
This is where the noobish step was taken.
Boardconfig is meant to be constructed from scratch by analyzing the kernel configuration(Don't keep on shooting device specs are same)
Device specs doesn't mean you can grab the device configuration from it.
The location from where the source is synced doesn't matter(provided that its unmodded) but the Configuration matters a lot. Compiler analyses the configuration and readily modifies the source code and initializes compilation.
And this is why major functions are not working in your buid.
I saw your github repo of A60 and as it is a initial commit I cannot see what configurations you changed.
Can you mention here the modified lines?
And for "you need to learn more than me"
I would say no one is perfect, I agree that I have no experience in building a ROM from source(as I lack a good network connection) but that doesn't mean I have no knowledge in it. And for that statement you may receive a infraction from a XDA moderator These are fundamental aspects which are needed to be understood before proceeding with a build.
Official CyanogenMod Maintainer

Like my work? Please consider a donation via Paypal



Contributions

Sony Xperia L (Official CM | Kernel | Kernel control app) / Samsung Galaxy S Advance: (Custom ROM | Kernel) / Micromax A110 (ROM | Kernel) / Xiaomi Mi3 (Unofficial CM)

 
kD
Old
#9  
kD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2629
Posts: 1,138
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ahemedabad

 
DONATE TO ME
See bro I don't wanna fight but just i want to say that it is my own work it is not copied if you don't understand what are changes done how can you say im copying I don't fight It is my Own work Not any copied one

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

and if you want to see edits just have a view at boardconfig can check nothing is related to p350 i just want to prove that it is my official work and not copied work and about i said
You need to learn more rather than me

I said that because you're statement is totally wrong ! i know im right so i said that
Quote:
I Do Support Open Source : http://github.com/keyur2maru


With Allwinner A10

Like my stuff? Hit that thanks button and help me fill my thanks meter!
 
varun.chitre15
Old
#10  
varun.chitre15's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9535
Posts: 2,812
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2maru View Post
See bro I don't wanna fight but just i want to say that it is my own work it is not copied if you don't understand what are changes done how can you say im copying I don't fight It is my Own work Not any copied one
I don't have anything to do with if you copied or didn't.
But the approach Guided by you to Rohan is way tedious and will end both of you with nasty unremovable bugs which will point to binary port again!
You know this very well configurations play a vital role and are meant to be constructed from scratch instead of base them on other device
Yes you can use it for reference, but not use it for compilation as it contains device specific configurations.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2maru View Post
and if you want to see edits just have a view at boardconfig can check nothing is related to p350 i just want to prove that it is my official work and not copied work and about i said
You need to learn more rather than me

I said that because you're statement is totally wrong ! i know im right so i said that
What should I do with boardconfig? To see what's changed I need commits with those changes.
And how was I wrong?
Prove it pls.
Official CyanogenMod Maintainer

Like my work? Please consider a donation via Paypal



Contributions

Sony Xperia L (Official CM | Kernel | Kernel control app) / Samsung Galaxy S Advance: (Custom ROM | Kernel) / Micromax A110 (ROM | Kernel) / Xiaomi Mi3 (Unofficial CM)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes