Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOUNTY] USB Dock Music & Phone Audio - AOSP - Bounty: $711 - WORKS ON LIQUID 4.2.2

Tip us?

CZ Eddie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
Thanks . One more question, it does work on my TW kernel right (the music stuff), so I at least know I have a good kernel base?
Your kernel works great!
It took me awhile to find the right ROM/kernel combo. I didn't realize the newer TW ROM's were incompatible. But I flashed JB Frosty and your JB Kernel and USB audio output when docked worked flawlessly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-17-20-32-42.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1410309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-17-20-32-50.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1410310  
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• bri315317's Dynamic Kat 4.4.2 ROM
  • imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Check out my how-to DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

atmospher1c
Old
(Last edited by atmospher1c; 18th October 2012 at 12:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
i will donate $25 to this cause!! please PM me if someone gets it working, i will likely not check back in this thread.

edit: in the interest of aiding whichever developer decides to take up this bounty, i would suggest looking at the GLaDOS custom kernel for the Nexus 7. It achieves USB audio output support for external DACs via the usage of modules. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14685-ker...os-v20-for-jb/ it was added in v1.29, and there is a link to his source code. this feature could also be modeled off of Samsung's TouchWiz ROM/kernel solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to atmospher1c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wes008
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'll throw in $5. I really want this
The Following User Says Thank You to wes008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fenny
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,614

DONATE TO ME
Hmm, methinks we might need an app, or at least a modified settings apk. ;D
I will have to look into the mic+dock audio thing, it looks like the current audio routing in the kernel would only allow for dock w/o mic.
By popular demand: Klik to send me Beer Moneys
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kendr1ck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
[BOUNTY]

First screenshot attached = AOKP and CyanogenMOD ROM that doesn't have the audio output when docked option. Or the option is greyed out.
Second screenshot attached = Stock ROM that DOES have this option.
What ROM did you take the AOKP/Cyanogenmod screenshot with? I am running one of the more recent nightlies from CM10 and I don't even have a "Dock" settings option.

CZ Eddie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendr1ck View Post
What ROM did you take the AOKP/Cyanogenmod screenshot with? I am running one of the more recent nightlies from CM10 and I don't even have a "Dock" settings option.
I'm an AOKP fan. So the screenshot was from Task & Ktoonsez AOKP ROM & Kernel combo. Those guys do great work, you should check out their stuff if you ever get a chance.
I haven't run CM since I discovered AOKP. Both are great, but AOKP just gives me some extra UI features that I really dig.

• imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!

Cthalupa
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Highly interested in this.

WiR3D-kNiGhT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Really interested in this, more interested in spreading awareness of the possible applications.

CZ Eddie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D-kNiGhT View Post
Really interested in this, more interested in spreading awareness of the possible applications.
What kind of ideas do you have about this?
I considered posting a link to this thread in the Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and European SIII forums. Wasn't sure if that would be crossing any forum guidelines though. We could definitely use a show of hands. Most of the folks interested in this are not stalking the "General" forum. I rarely come here myself, spending most of my time in Q&A and Original Development and Accessories subforums instead.

• imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

Risingsunn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My Friend not only is this a cross carrier issue, it's a cross ROM issue, every non-Samsung based ROM (CM, AOSP, AOKP,MIUI) is lacking this feature. AND it is also a cross phone issue! I had this feature on my GS2 until I changed from Samsung to AOKP ROMs. I lived without it, and was so hoping to get it back when I upgraded to the GS3, but to my dismay when I got the GS3 and installed the AOKP ROM I loved I discoverred that it was missing on it too!! So spread awareness that there are lots of people on all these phones, that would LOVE to have this feature back! Just look through any of the threads on these ROMs and you will see people asking if this is working yet.