Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think I have bricked i777's? How to reflash stock?

Tip us?

kmad86
Old
(Last edited by kmad86; 16th October 2012 at 02:31 AM.) Reason: SOLUTION
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default I think I have bricked i777's? How to reflash stock?

Alright, I am new to the whole flashing ROMS, unlocking, etc.

I run a business that from time to time gets in large lots of cell phones. Most of the time they're working fine, but the other day I received some in and in the stack I received three i777's. All three of the phones have the same problem, they don't power on. When you power these phones up you get NOTHING. However, if I plug them in the wall, ever 3-5 seconds I get a flash of the battery screen charging but it instantly goes away (not charging). After googling and reading it seems like these could be bricked. They're flawless, no liquid damage, and I swapped the batteries around.

Would a bricked i777 possibly show characteristics of what I had mentioned above, and if so, how do I flash it to the stock rom? I tried searching that and perhaps I didn't search the right variables.

Thanks.

SOLUTION:
Ordered three non oem batteries. Shockingly all three batteries were bad. I was very surprised at that.

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad86 View Post
Alright, I am new to the whole flashing ROMS, unlocking, etc.

I run a business that from time to time gets in large lots of cell phones. Most of the time they're working fine, but the other day I received some in and in the stack I received three i777's. All three of the phones have the same problem, they don't power on. When you power these phones up you get NOTHING. However, if I plug them in the wall, ever 3-5 seconds I get a flash of the battery screen charging but it instantly goes away (not charging). After googling and reading it seems like these could be bricked. They're flawless, no liquid damage, and I swapped the batteries around.

Would a bricked i777 possibly show characteristics of what I had mentioned above, and if so, how do I flash it to the stock rom? I tried searching that and perhaps I didn't search the right variables.

Thanks.
Have you tried getting them into download mode by taking out the battery, holding both Volume buttons then plugging them into the computer?
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted

kmad86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I haven't. I mainly have Mac computers, so I will have to try it with my HTPC when I get home.

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2047
There are already threads and stickies relating to flashing back to stock . Please use the search function, no need to start a new thread.

Sent from team Pirate headquarters using Beanacle ROM. As soon as he builds it.

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

eep2378
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1894

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
There are already threads and stickies relating to flashing back to stock . Please use the search function, no need to start a new thread.

Sent from team Pirate headquarters using Beanacle ROM. As soon as he builds it.
^^^^^this

Also, you should have no problem getting into download mode on a Mac(if its not bricked).

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
Nexus 5 (White, 32GB)
Rom: L preview
Kernel: stock

"Physics makes us all its bitches"

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eep2378

kmad86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378 View Post
^^^^^this

Also, you should have no problem getting into download mode on a Mac(if its not bricked).

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier

LIke I had previously mentioned, I had searched before but couldn't quite figure out my solution. However, I see the thread now but I guess it wasn't searching because I was searching different variables than "stock to warranty".

Regardless, I downloaded the heimdall program and the other stuff it asked for me to obtain before flashing it to stock (which in ODIN MODE it says it's all stock, and yeah it did light up when I held the arrows down while plugged into the computer) but I am getting stuck. I don't really know where to put the files that I had downloaded (Contains cache.img, factoryfs.img, hidden.img, modem.bin and zImage.)

It says "move or copy all files to the directory where you have the Heimdall command line executable" but I have no idea where I have the Heimdall executable? I'm new to all of this.

It won't let me post a screenshot because I am new, ahhh!

eep2378
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1894

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad86 View Post
LIke I had previously mentioned, I had searched before but couldn't quite figure out my solution. However, I see the thread now but I guess it wasn't searching because I was searching different variables than "stock to warranty".

Regardless, I downloaded the heimdall program and the other stuff it asked for me to obtain before flashing it to stock (which in ODIN MODE it says it's all stock, and yeah it did light up when I held the arrows down while plugged into the computer) but I am getting stuck. I don't really know where to put the files that I had downloaded (Contains cache.img, factoryfs.img, hidden.img, modem.bin and zImage.)

It says "move or copy all files to the directory where you have the Heimdall command line executable" but I have no idea where I have the Heimdall executable? I'm new to all of this.

It won't let me post a screenshot because I am new, ahhh!
If you're familiar with terminal you can use command line heimdall to execute these actions. I find command line heimdall easier to use than the front end GUI. I'm certain it works because when I first got my I777 I used command line heimdall to root my device and flash a stock rooted image(Entropy's GB). Google heimdall command line use on Mac and I'm sure you can find something useful if you're not familiar with terminal commands. Look through the stickies here and in dev section, I'm sure you can find it
Nexus 5 (White, 32GB)
Rom: L preview
Kernel: stock

"Physics makes us all its bitches"

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eep2378

KM00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried different battery?, This happen to me with a brand new i777, turn out to be the battery

kmad86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM00 View Post
Have you tried different battery?, This happen to me with a brand new i777, turn out to be the battery
SOLUTION!!

Yeah, I just ordered three new batteries for them. They came in today and suprisingly all three of them had bad batteries. That's crazy!!

RatusNatus
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Lol, congrats man.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app