I think I have bricked i777's? How to reflash stock?

Search This thread

kmad86

Oct 11, 2012
Alright, I am new to the whole flashing ROMS, unlocking, etc.

I run a business that from time to time gets in large lots of cell phones. Most of the time they're working fine, but the other day I received some in and in the stack I received three i777's. All three of the phones have the same problem, they don't power on. When you power these phones up you get NOTHING. However, if I plug them in the wall, ever 3-5 seconds I get a flash of the battery screen charging but it instantly goes away (not charging). After googling and reading it seems like these could be bricked. They're flawless, no liquid damage, and I swapped the batteries around.

Would a bricked i777 possibly show characteristics of what I had mentioned above, and if so, how do I flash it to the stock rom? I tried searching that and perhaps I didn't search the right variables.

Thanks.

SOLUTION:
Ordered three non oem batteries. Shockingly all three batteries were bad. I was very surprised at that.

Last edited:

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona
Alright, I am new to the whole flashing ROMS, unlocking, etc.

I run a business that from time to time gets in large lots of cell phones. Most of the time they're working fine, but the other day I received some in and in the stack I received three i777's. All three of the phones have the same problem, they don't power on. When you power these phones up you get NOTHING. However, if I plug them in the wall, ever 3-5 seconds I get a flash of the battery screen charging but it instantly goes away (not charging). After googling and reading it seems like these could be bricked. They're flawless, no liquid damage, and I swapped the batteries around.

Would a bricked i777 possibly show characteristics of what I had mentioned above, and if so, how do I flash it to the stock rom? I tried searching that and perhaps I didn't search the right variables.

Thanks.

Have you tried getting them into download mode by taking out the battery, holding both Volume buttons then plugging them into the computer?

kmad86

Oct 11, 2012
I haven't. I mainly have Mac computers, so I will have to try it with my HTPC when I get home.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
There are already threads and stickies relating to flashing back to stock . Please use the search function, no need to start a new thread.

Sent from team Pirate headquarters using Beanacle ROM. As soon as he builds it.

^^^^^this

Also, you should have no problem getting into download mode on a Mac(if its not bricked).

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier

kmad86

Oct 11, 2012
^^^^^this

Also, you should have no problem getting into download mode on a Mac(if its not bricked).

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier

LIke I had previously mentioned, I had searched before but couldn't quite figure out my solution. However, I see the thread now but I guess it wasn't searching because I was searching different variables than "stock to warranty".

Regardless, I downloaded the heimdall program and the other stuff it asked for me to obtain before flashing it to stock (which in ODIN MODE it says it's all stock, and yeah it did light up when I held the arrows down while plugged into the computer) but I am getting stuck. I don't really know where to put the files that I had downloaded (Contains cache.img, factoryfs.img, hidden.img, modem.bin and zImage.)

It says "move or copy all files to the directory where you have the Heimdall command line executable" but I have no idea where I have the Heimdall executable? I'm new to all of this.

It won't let me post a screenshot because I am new, ahhh!

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
LIke I had previously mentioned, I had searched before but couldn't quite figure out my solution. However, I see the thread now but I guess it wasn't searching because I was searching different variables than "stock to warranty".

Regardless, I downloaded the heimdall program and the other stuff it asked for me to obtain before flashing it to stock (which in ODIN MODE it says it's all stock, and yeah it did light up when I held the arrows down while plugged into the computer) but I am getting stuck. I don't really know where to put the files that I had downloaded (Contains cache.img, factoryfs.img, hidden.img, modem.bin and zImage.)

It says "move or copy all files to the directory where you have the Heimdall command line executable" but I have no idea where I have the Heimdall executable? I'm new to all of this.

It won't let me post a screenshot because I am new, ahhh!

If you're familiar with terminal you can use command line heimdall to execute these actions. I find command line heimdall easier to use than the front end GUI. I'm certain it works because when I first got my I777 I used command line heimdall to root my device and flash a stock rooted image(Entropy's GB). Google heimdall command line use on Mac and I'm sure you can find something useful if you're not familiar with terminal commands. Look through the stickies here and in dev section, I'm sure you can find it :)

KM00

Dec 1, 2010
Have you tried different battery?, This happen to me with a brand new i777, turn out to be the battery

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
I was about to say that they doesn't appear to be bricked because when the device is bricked, it will turn on, it will just not boot. Congrats on the phones!

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
just as an FYI, mine does this whenever the battery runs down to the point of turning off (battery meter hits 0).

i can fix this by plugging my spare (stock) battery in it and plugging it into the wall. then i power it on and very quickly swap the batteries. then the phone starts charging the other battery as normal again.

not sure why this occurs, but i've learned how to deal with it and as such, it's not that big of a deal for me any more.

ashwin4reddy

Feb 21, 2011
read the thread and answer you dum b a ss

There are already threads and stickies relating to flashing back to stock . Please use the search function, no need to start a new thread.

Sent from team Pirate headquarters using Beanacle ROM. As soon as he builds it.

This thread not asking about how to go back on stock rom. While flashing some bullshiit rom, he got stuck at factoryfs.img step of pc odin. If you have answer for that write something back or shut the fukup.

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona
This thread not asking about how to go back on stock rom. While flashing some bullshiit rom, he got stuck at factoryfs.img step of pc odin. If you have answer for that write something back or shut the fukup.

Calm down this is a family forum censor those cursewords.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Also this thread is not about that. They just had bad batteries.. So maybe you should take your own advice

bjg020683

Jun 17, 2010
I'm stuck in firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in lies & try again. Any solutions?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I'm meant kies

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Help please

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona
I'm stuck in firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in lies & try again. Any solutions?

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I'm meant kies

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Help please

Google your problem or try to flash a new rom or maybe make your own post if you can't figure it out. Next time don't triple post. Trust me people see but we don't always have access to XDA