Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deft XT xt555c Root?

Tip us?

jdfrost
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Help on the Rooting of Motorola Defy XT

[QUOTE=thecomputerbarn@gmail.com;35170518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeroot View Post

there is now a root for the defy xt556/557 on a republic wireless thread that works. I rooted my uscc defy xt556 with the bootloader locked. it should also work on the xt555c.

Could you email directly and let me know the steps or even the process as to which you rooted your Motorola Defy XT? I have been looking for about a week or so now and still am stumped. Any helped would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

jdfrost
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default No luck - any other options?

Hello there -

I tried it several times and even uninstalled and reinstalled the root apk and still no go. Is there something I am not doing correctly? Thanks for any help.

Take care, John

jdfrost
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile More help please

Is there a way you would be able to post/attach copies of the adb and exploit file so that I could root my phone? Hope you don't me asking.

Thanks

nrmesser
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default searching the world for a root option

[QUOTE=thecomputerbarn@gmail.com;35170518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeroot View Post

there is now a root for the defy xt556/557 on a republic wireless thread that works. I rooted my uscc defy xt556 with the bootloader locked. it should also work on the xt555c.
Well don't just leave us hanging, provide us a link man!

jdfrost
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I agree - please post the link

I am banging my head against the wall in trying to root this phone - please post the link and please post step by step details how to root it?

Thanks

nrmesser
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Successfully rooted defy xt555c

Ladies and Gents! I have finally found a successful root method! While it's designed for other XT models through Republic Wireless, it works flawlessly for our model as well! Replace the '@' in the following links with periods, and they will lead you to EVERYTHING you need! Good luck!

FIrst and foremost, install JDK and ADB following the instructions on this link!
www@howtogeek@com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/

Next, follow the steps for rooting on THIS page!
/www@androidpolice@com/2012/12/05/exclusive-how-to-root-republic-wireless-motorola-defy-xt/

You now have a successfully rooted Defy XT!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nrmesser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdfrost
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

Your step by step instructions were great!!!!!! I finally got this dang thing rooted. Thank you for your help.

VyKng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default That's It?

That's it? It's a dead thread? What a shame since it really is a great little phone!!!!

theRedCloud
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up worked great

For Straight Talk, just follow the steps on the page above and not the single-click-root Cyanide apk.
The other link above has a guide at the bottom of the page to help you along. Couldn't get much easier.

Thanks a million!

reemobeens19
Old
Thanks Meter 8
we have root for the xt555c on 67d firmware. refer to my post for the info...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2392187
[REF][ROOT][SOLVED] Motorola Defy XT555C on 2.3.7 build 67d
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2392187