[APP/OPEN SOURCE]Screen Standby ♯ Root [2.0]-Screen off while keeping device active

16th October 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkahoang

Can you test your S3 with MHL as well? I want to make sure that my method guarantees MHL and HDMI works

Yes, see my post above. Tested everything when i was connected trough mhl/hdmi to my tv

And sometimes,(to get display back on) even with power button (lockscreen) i just have the time to enter my pin, then display turns off again.
Last edited by TheDarkLux; 16th October 2012 at 11:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDarkLux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 11:39 AM   |  #22  
Flag Ferrol
Thanks Meter: 43

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLux

Yes, see my post above. Tested everything when i was connected trough mhl/hdmi to my tv

And sometime, even with power button (lockscreen) i just have the time to enter my pin, then display turns off again.

I have the same problem on my SGS2, but I thinks it's because we turn off and on display (lock an unlock) too fast. Try lockscreen, wait 10 seconds and finally unlock. It works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppmeis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 11:56 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppmeis

I have the same problem on my SGS2, but I thinks it's because we turn off and on display (lock an unlock) too fast. Try lockscreen, wait 10 seconds and finally unlock. It works for me.

Ok thanks,
tested it. If i push power button first time (when screen is off) nothing happens (waited more than 30sec). Then i push again, lockscreen appears, but screen is shutting off after 2-3 sec. If i then push again power button (3rd time) it finally stays on.
Last edited by TheDarkLux; 16th October 2012 at 12:03 PM.
16th October 2012, 12:04 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks Meter: 591

272 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ah! It was the Android 5 seconds lock screen problem. Neither me or other developer know how to fix it (widget locker pro and other custom lock screen also suffer from this).

So probably, I will try to fix the notification bar and the button and advice users using them instead of turning off screen from now on.

Thank both of you for helping me.

Beamed from an Endeavour, the chosen One
16th October 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #25  
Flag Ferrol

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkahoang

Ah! It was the Android 5 seconds lock screen problem. Neither me or other developer know how to fix it (widget locker pro and other custom lock screen also suffer from this).

So probably, I will try to fix the notification bar and the button and advice users using them instead of turning off screen from now on.

Thank both of you for helping me.

Beamed from an Endeavour, the chosen One

I noticed after a minute or even less, with device locked, the screen is turn off and it doesn't turn on again. I tried closing the app first (I killed all Tasks), then I locked the phone, and after a minute I unlocked it but the screen is not turn back on.

Confirmed it happend with widget and notification bar.
Last edited by ppmeis; 16th October 2012 at 12:19 PM.
16th October 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

68 posts
Just tried this on my HTC One X. It does exactly what I was looking for, and works mostly fine. However it only turns the screen on for a split second when I tap the notification, and the notification disappears so I have to press the power button twice, after which the screen stays on. It's not a big deal though, as I'll only be using this occasionally when I want to play videos on the TV or similar.

This app would be even better if it could detect when HDMI was plugged in, and prevent HDMI output from stopping when the power button is pressed. That way I wouldn't have to worry about remembering to use the app instead of turning off the screen normally when I'm using HDMI output. Assuming you can detect when HDMI is plugged in, this should be doable with a wake lock.
Last edited by Jdbye; 16th October 2012 at 03:30 PM.
16th October 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 64

371 posts
1.4 beta 2 on my Galaxy Nexus turns the screen off, but trying to get it back on by turning the screen off and then on causes the device to reboot. I will post a log when I am at a computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by winsettr; 16th October 2012 at 06:27 PM.
16th October 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks Meter: 591

272 posts
Donate to Me
More
Look like the zero voltage method is causing too many instability. Will try be best to fix that.

I also think that I can detect HDMI/mhl connection and put it to sleep automatically as well as putting an overlay button as someone suggested. But I would rather make my app bug free first.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
16th October 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #29  
Flag Ferrol

128 posts
More
Don't worry. If you need betatesting knock my door . We will help you all we can.
16th October 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 26

186 posts
More
App concept is great but it would be nice if the whole display turned off when I plugged into hdmi for
my tv and back on when I unplugged.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hdmi, mhl, open source, screen off, screen standby
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank