Ask a question

No registration required

Droid Bionic on PagePlus with 3G Data and MMS ALL Working - Solved

OP Sallyhoe2001

14th October 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

10 posts
Alright boys and girls I've been working on this for a week now and I think I've finally got the fix for this...

UPDATE: WORKING 3G DATA AND MMS WITH ICS!

So for you GB lovers here's the way you get solid 3G Data and MMS with GB .905

You will need:
1.) Motorola Droid Bionic phone

2.) Your MDN/MIN information from Page Plus, use this link to have this information sent to your email:

2.) The required software support package:
Mirror1 or Mirror2

3.) 1 Blank 4G LTE Verizon Sim Card (Amazon, Ebay, or just go to a couple Verizon stores, eventually an employee will sell you one without to many questions...)

4.) 1 3G TMobile or ATT Sim Card, doesn't have to be activated just something you have laying around will work. As of the time of this write up I haven't tested with 4G cards but I imagine this method wouldn't work.

5.) Time, Patience, and a few prayers to the Wireless Gods might be a good idea...

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE PHONE IS 100% CHARGE AND DATA IS BACKED UP BEFORE PROCEEDING

ALL DATA ON PHONE WILL BE ERASED, SD SHOULD NOT BE ERASED BUT BACK IT UP JUST IN CASE.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE!

STEP 1: Software Provision your Phone

Start by uninstalling any older Motorola drivers you have installed, then download the newest driver package from Motorola -

Install RSD Lite

Now turn phone off, and insert 4G LTE Verizon Sim

Start up phone in "AP FastBoot Flash Mode"
Do this by holding both volume keys while pressing the power button on the phone. Once your presented with a menu use the "vol down" key to move to your selection then press the "vol up" key to select that option.

Start RSD Lite and select .905 Firmware and Restore

After flash is complete, start phone in Recovery Mode
Do this by holding both volume keys while pressing the power button on the phone. Once your presented with a menu use the "vol down" key to move to your selection then press the "vol up" key to select that option.

Once you see the Android Icon with the Exclamation mark, press both volume keys at the same time. That will bring you to a menu, from there select "Wipe Cache", after that is finished, select "Format/Wipe Factory Defaults" as soon as that finishes select "Reboot Phone"

Power off phone, and boot into "BP Tools"

Once phone is completely booted you should be presented with a activation screen, ignore that for now, and run the "DFS CDMA Tool" program.

Once your in DFS make sure you phone is plugged in, and in "BP Tools" mode otherwise you won't see any ports.

Now select the phone port from the list, should look like the one in the image below...

Click the SPC Button, Log Window should have result like image below

Now click the "Programming" tab and then the "General" tab. Change the "Ruim Config" to NV_ONLY and click "Write"

After that, click the "Data" tab, and enter your 10 digit phone number in place of the 5551234 numbers
Under the "Mode:" section, change the "HDR SCP force AT config:" option to "RevA_MFPA", click "Write"

Your end results should look EXACTLY as mine do in the image below...

Close DFS after your sure you have written all the settings above to your phone.

Now open CDMA Workshop and connect to your phone, click the "Nam" tab, click on the "Load" button on the bottom of the page, browse to the file provided in the software package, "Bionic_PagePlus_NAM1.txt" and click "Write"

Click on the "Other" tab, under the "PRL" section click the "Write" button, browse to the "PagePlus_51720.prl" and click "OK"

If CDMA Workshop responds with Success then your done with the initial programming of your phone...

STEP 2: PHONE PROGRAMMING

Now Power Off your phone and then power back on normally, at this point you should have completed the steps above and have the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Sim Card in the phone

Click the Next button to setup your phone, you should get a screen similar to the one below..

Touch the "Emergency Call" button and enter *228 and press Send, you will probably get a error screen regarding your sim card, IGNORE this message, and continue to click "Emergency Call" and then entering *228 and pressing Send

You may have to dial the *228 multiple times in order for it to start activation, eventually it will call out and you will get a screen like this one:

*If you cannot get your phone to program after multiple attempts then try this:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Scroll down to "Set preferred network type:" select "CDMA Only"
Touch "Turn off radio" wait until you have to wireless connection and then touch "Turn on radio"
Now try programming again with *228

Touch "Speaker" or wait until the automated system answers and when prompted press "1" and wait, be patient this may take a minute.
Your phone is now receiving your programming information from Page Plus...

Once this process is complete and your phone is now activated, Dial ##PROGRAM and touch Send

When prompted enter "000000" for your SPC Password

Now scroll the the bottom of the page, touch "14 LTE test settings"

Touch "SIM type", select "3G test UICC"
Touch "LTE bppanic", select "Disable"
Touch "Disable Class1 APN"
Touch "Disable Class2 APN"
Touch "Enable Class3 APN"
Touch "LTE Movement Detection" select "Disabled"

Now go back one screen and touch "06 Test Mode"

Touch "Next", "Next", Touch "Network mode", select "CDMA Auto PRL", back out of programming menu to home screen.

So far so good, were almost there... Now power off your phone
Insert ATT or TMobile 3G Sim Card, and power on phone

If you have followed all the steps exactly you should now have working 3G Data and MMS on Page Plus with your Bionic. It should remain stable through reboots without any issues, I used mine like this for over a month.

Below are the steps for working 3G Data and MMS using ICS .247

!WARNING - IF YOU UPDATE TO ICS LEAK .247 YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK TO .905 OR GINGERBREAD! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU TRY!
!WARNING! - IF YOU UPDATE TO ICS LEAK .232 AT THIS POINT YOUR MMS WILL NO LONGER WORK, YOU WILL HAVE DATA BUT NO MMS

I will update this post with more instructions and pictures in 24-48 hours for ICS .247 with working 3G Data and MMS...

For ICS .247 visit the "House of Bionic" website and download the leaked ICS .247, follow their instructions exactly and read ALL warnings

Once you have flashed to the latest leak, follow the DFS steps above, and flash the "57120" Page Plus PRL using CDMA Workshop

Reboot Phone and touch the "Emergency Dialer" button, Dial *228 until you get to the activation screen, wait until prompted and press "1", wait for you phone to be programmed.

That's it, your done, no other steps should be needed to have working 3G Data and MMS with the ICS leak .247

!WARNING! - THIS DOES NOT AND WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY ICS LEAK PRIOR TO .247!

Alright hopefully you now have your Bionic working on Page Plus with full data and mms.. Enjoy!
Last edited by Sallyhoe2001; 17th October 2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Updated Instuctions
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sallyhoe2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 11:47 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

10 posts
UPDATE:

Apparently XDA requires me to have a minimum of 10 posts before I can add outside links to my post, I have a version completed with external links so maybe a moderator can waive this or if someone else wan'ts to post it just PM me and you can post it...

.905 Gingerbread
3G Data and MMS holding steady through multiple restarts, no extra steps have been required..

.232 ICS
3G Data works but no MMS, I do not think you can have working MMS with .232 I believe it is just a bug...

.247 ICS
3G Data and MMS working perfectly, if you follow steps above don't change anything under the ##PROGRAM menu, leave everything on 4G settings just like default.

Only thing you have to do is flash a Page Plus prl and *228 for initial programming and everything works great!
Last edited by Sallyhoe2001; 17th October 2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Updates
14th October 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
Unhappy
Will be glad to see this updated with more details.
I updated my phone to .905, redid everything, had PP reactivate it, but cannot get it activated OTA.

EDIT - I factory reset the phone, the activation screen came up, and it seems to be working! only have 1x at the moment, but hey, I'm happy.
will be glad to see your steps for 3G and ICS
Last edited by kkt12; 15th October 2012 at 12:15 AM.
19th October 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Anyone know where I can get a 3g sim card locally? I see some on ebay but if possible I would like to get this working today. Also, do I need the 3g sim card if I'm on ICS .247?
Last edited by TruthTaco; 19th October 2012 at 09:17 PM.
20th October 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyhoe2001

!WARNING! - THIS DOES NOT AND WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY ICS LEAK PRIOR TO .247! !

That's a shame....any idea why that is?

Is there any hope we'll see updates in this thread for PP on the OTA ICS?
22nd October 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #6  

2 posts
Thats pretty interestin I wonder if similar methods will work for metro PCs and cricket

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
24th October 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 71

995 posts
More
is this process easier if you just want voice and mms?
24th October 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschil

is this process easier if you just want voice and mms?

Actually not necessary to do all these steps and is very very easy with the official .246 ROM to have working everything including 3G. Check my post.
24th October 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 71

995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenglow

Actually not necessary to do all these steps and is very very easy with the official .246 ROM to have working everything including 3G. Check my post.

basically what i mean is that im going to update the Bionic to ICS...

and im using the phone for business w/ page pluss... so i wont even have data on the phone... so im wondering what i an do with Stock ICS....
24th October 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #10  

8 posts
After that, click the "Data" tab, and enter your 10 digit phone number in place of the 5551234 numbers
Under the "Mode:" section, change the "HDR SCP force AT config:" option to "RevA_MFPA", click "Write"

can someone tell me what box the 5551234 numbers are in? They are all blank for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread