996 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobitronics

Can this be used on PA2.2? (Cm10 based)

Beamed from my Paranoid Google Nexus 7

Yes, but you need to remount /data and /cache yourself via init.d

Go to /data/local and create userinit.d if it's not there already and chmod it 0755

Put a file in there called 85remounts and chmod it 0755

Populate it as follows:

Code:
#/system/bin/sh

mount -o remount,discard /data /data
mount -o remount,discard /cache /cache
Make sure to leave a trailing blank line in the script.

This will remount /data and /cache with discard
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Aristide For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #12  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 34

426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Aristide

Yes, but you need to remount /data and /cache yourself via init.d

Go to /data/local and create userinit.d if it's not there already and chmod it 0755

Put a file in there called 85remounts and chmod it 0755

Populate it as follows:

Code:
#/system/bin/sh

mount -o remount,discard /data /data
mount -o remount,discard /cache /cache
Make sure to leave a trailing blank line in the script.

This will remount /data and /cache with discard

Thanks. Can I also use your butter recipe in combination with this init.d file?

Beamed from my Paranoid Google Nexus 7
15th October 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag Newton
Thanks Meter: 198

430 posts
More
This kernel DOES NOT work with the latest Codename Android 3.7.0. I loaded it up and didn't get past the boatloader unlock screen. Motley is top notch and I hope CNA get up to speed in the future. Thanks for your work.
15th October 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #14  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57

195 posts
More
TRIM is only applicable on the 16gb version of this device, correct?
15th October 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 22

81 posts
Benchmarrks, such as they are, don't seem as good with the 484 GPU. Will let it settle a bit and see what happens. Everything else is working perfectly, so maybe I'm expecting something that isn't meant to be.
15th October 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 172

539 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharp

This kernel DOES NOT work with the latest Codename Android 3.7.0. I loaded it up and didn't get past the boatloader unlock screen. Motley is top notch and I hope CNA get up to speed in the future. Thanks for your work.

This. Also tried it with the latest AOKP nightly compiled by Dizzythermal and all it does is continuously show the boot animation. Haven't been able to get any 4.1.2 kernel working on a custom ROM. At least not on CNA 3.7.0 or AOKP.
15th October 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,994

3,219 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpeso

This. Also tried it with the latest AOKP nightly compiled by Dizzythermal and all it does is continuously show the boot animation. Haven't been able to get any 4.1.2 kernel working on a custom ROM. At least not on CNA 3.7.0 or AOKP.

Did you follow the steps under "before you flash" and can confirm that both rom and ramdisk are 4.1.2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbrain

Benchmarrks, such as they are, don't seem as good with the 484 GPU. Will let it settle a bit and see what happens. Everything else is working perfectly, so maybe I'm expecting something that isn't meant to be.

Are you saying benchmarks on the 484 build are lower than the 416 build? or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt8544

TRIM is only applicable on the 16gb version of this device, correct?

Yes. As of 4.1.2 if you don't have the specific storage chip that needs trim the command to enable it will be ignored.
The Following User Says Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #18  

539 posts
Thats the thing about it.Didnt check. Since I was running AOKP I decided to just flash the stock 4.1.2 kernel u posted. That one does not boot on aokp either.So stock 4.1.2 and your modifeid Motley kernel both do not work for me.

On 3.41 bootloader as well.
15th October 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #19  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,994

3,219 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpeso

Thats the thing about it.Didnt check. Since I was running AOKP I decided to just flash the stock 4.1.2 kernel u posted. That one does not boot on aokp either.So stock 4.1.2 and your modifeid Motley kernel both do not work for me.

On 3.41 bootloader as well.

As explained in the OP, the stock kernel I posted will only boot on the stock ROM. Seriously one line above the download link it says not to flash with CM10, AOKP, etc.

Did you flash my kernel after you tried to boot up the stock kernel on AOKP? Or did you reflash AOKP before?
Last edited by Metallice; 15th October 2012 at 02:47 AM.
15th October 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #20  

539 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallice

As explained in the OP, the stock kernel I posted will only boot on the stock ROM. Seriously one line above the download link it says not to flash with CM10, AOKP, etc.

Did you flash my kernel after you tried to boot up the stock kernel on AOKP? Or did you reflash AOKP before trying my kernel?

"If you are on a stock-like 4.1.2 ROM that does not rely on a modified ramdisk (CM10, AOKP, etc.), flash one of the following zips and reboot before installing this kernel for the first time.
Stock 4.1.2 kernel - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...rnel_4.1.2.zip
Stock 4.1.2 kernel with Init.d support and insecure adb thanks to Faux123 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...nitD_4.1.2.zip"

Maybe it is a language barrier, but your statement reads to me as in if you are running AOKP or CM10,u NEED TO flash one of the stock kernels and reboot before u flash your modified version. That is what I did. Flashed one of the stock kernels u linked and that did not boot up. Flashed your modified one to see if that would boot, and that didnt either.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread