[KERNEL] M-Kernel [MOVED]

Tip us?

Jay Aristide
Old
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpeso View Post
"If you are on a stock-like 4.1.2 ROM that does not rely on a modified ramdisk (CM10, AOKP, etc.), flash one of the following zips and reboot before installing this kernel for the first time.
Stock 4.1.2 kernel - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...rnel_4.1.2.zip
Stock 4.1.2 kernel with Init.d support and insecure adb thanks to Faux123 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...nitD_4.1.2.zip"

Maybe it is a language barrier, but your statement reads to me as in if you are running AOKP or CM10,u NEED TO flash one of the stock kernels and reboot before u flash your modified version. That is what I did. Flashed one of the stock kernels u linked and that did not boot up. Flashed your modified one to see if that would boot, and that didnt either.
Aye, 'tis a language barrier. He meant that CM10, AOKP and the likes are among those that require a modified ramdisk.

If you're running stock 4.1.2 or a ROM that doesn't include init.d support, then you should flash the stock with init.d support zip before flashing the motley kernel to give yourself init.d support. If you're running something like aokp or cm10, it requires it's own special ramdisk, and the one cm currently provides isn't proper.
Google Nexus 4 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid with _motley's kernel.
Google Nexus 7 16GB running the latest ParanoidAndroid and Jay's Recipe for Buttery Goodness with _motley's kernel.

If I helped you, please hit the "Thanks" button (it makes me feel special )!

christianpeso
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Ran the terminal emulator commands on this latest AOKP nightly I am running and I do get the "discard" at the end. Flashed your modified kernel without doing the stock 1st and it boots up fine. Got it going. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to christianpeso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Metallice
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpeso View Post
"If you are on a stock-like 4.1.2 ROM that does not rely on a modified ramdisk (CM10, AOKP, etc.), flash one of the following zips and reboot before installing this kernel for the first time.
Stock 4.1.2 kernel - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...rnel_4.1.2.zip
Stock 4.1.2 kernel with Init.d support and insecure adb thanks to Faux123 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7/...nitD_4.1.2.zip"

Maybe it is a language barrier, but your statement reads to me as in if you are running AOKP or CM10,u NEED TO flash one of the stock kernels and reboot before u flash your modified version. That is what I did. Flashed one of the stock kernels u linked and that did not boot up. Flashed your modified one to see if that would boot, and that didnt either.
Ahh. Sorry. I guess it can be read in the opposite way I intended. I'll fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y0brando
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Don't you need an " ! " on that first line of zee script?
sent secretly from my paranoid 7
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.

cavaliere06
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thank you so much for your work, I love this kernel and I'm really happy I can use it with the latest aosp update, working well so far I'll update later.

An people please read and try to fix it yourself before complain, we don't want to make our developers angry.

Thanks again
Device: Nexus 4
ROM: Stock 4.3
Kernel: Stock
Modem: Mako hybrid .33/.84

Device: Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: PARADROID
Kernel: Franco.Kernel

dirtsky
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Just flashed this. Has anybody had any issues with it on paranoid 2.2?

Sent from my MROM Incredible 2
Nexus 4 (Straight Talk)
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2 - Build 3.4 Unofficial (Self Built)
Kernel: Matr1x v.13

Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)(Got rid of the money hungry whores!)
Rom: SlimKat 4.4.2 - Build 3.2 Unofficial (Self Built)
Kernel: Mpokang

Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 MDP/T
Tablet that is on steroids!
Rom: Stock (Rooted)

Ouya Console
Rom: Stock (Rooted)

If I've helped you please press the thanks button

prestige777
Old
Thanks Meter 158

DONATE TO ME
This seems to be working on C&C 1.2.0 with 4.1.2 binaries, just fine.

clusterchuck
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Seems great so far. Only thing I have noticed is that in the benchmark test, overclocking doesn't seem to accelerate the FPS in the 3D category. I'm at 1500ghz and still can't get over 59 FPS, where in the original motley kernel, I would get about 71 frames at that same cpu speed. That aside, everything is smooth. I appreciate your efforts!

iamelton
Old
(Last edited by iamelton; 15th October 2012 at 10:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchuck View Post
Seems great so far. Only thing I have noticed is that in the benchmark test, overclocking doesn't seem to accelerate the FPS in the 3D category. I'm at 1500ghz and still can't get over 59 FPS, where in the original motley kernel, I would get about 71 frames at that same cpu speed. That aside, everything is smooth. I appreciate your efforts!
maybe related to this in the first post?
Quote:
Removed pointless pixel clock increase. Does not improve performance. Decreases battery life and can either alleviate or exacerbate screen tearing. Only improved benchmarks on maxed out tests like quadrant or nenamark 2 by increasing screen refresh rate.
LG Nexus 5 (D821) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted (by bigxie), Xposed Framework (by rovo89, Tungstwenty)

LG Nexus 4 (E960) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
ASUS Nexus 7 (ME370T) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
Sony Xperia S (LT26i) : Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (6.2.B.1.96) rooted, DooMKernel (by DooMLoRD)
Huawei IDEOS X5 (U8800H) : Aurora ICS 5.0u21 (by dzo)

==================================================

[INFO] Disable OTA update notification

Metallice
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchuck View Post
That's a good thing. See above post.

Use basemark es 2.0 taiji to compare GPU overclocks since it isn't limited by screen refresh rate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe