Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[SCRIPT] ROM Cleaner v2.1 AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods

OP Patrics83

16th October 2012, 08:09 AM   |  #21  
nyarnon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
I don't get this, What does it doe that I can't do with Titanium?
The Following User Says Thank You to nyarnon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 08:28 AM   |  #22  
Patrics83's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 8,133
 
5,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarnon

I don't get this, What does it doe that I can't do with Titanium?

A lot and it does it both faster and better IMO

And all I know is that ppl how used TB before stoped using it after they found ROM Cleaner.

But if you are fine with TB then stick with it
I'm not going to force anyone.

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 08:53 AM   |  #23  
Ferranza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag imperia
Thanks Meter: 185
 
1,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
For sure this script is the fastest in order to restore apps. .and also clean the bloatware... I'm gonna to Flash a new rom so let's see if i learn. ...

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferranza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 09:39 AM   |  #24  
nyarnon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83

A lot and it does it both faster and better IMO

And all I know is that ppl how used TB before stoped using it after they found ROM Cleaner.

But if you are fine with TB then stick with it
I'm not going to force anyone.

Sent from my HTC One X

Sorry??? A lot? So whats that a lot? Could you please be more specific?Are you saying this script replaces TB?
16th October 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #25  
Patrics83's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 8,133
 
5,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarnon

Sorry??? A lot? So whats that a lot? Could you please be more specific?Are you saying this script replaces TB?

Are you always like this? Haha

Did you read the OP?
Did you try it?

Why should I explain more?
This is a work I share for free at xda. Not something that i have for sale...

This will replace TB when it comes to removing apps with out a doubt.

When it comes to backing up user apks it's faster as well. When it comes to restoring apps, yep faster as well.

This script should be considered as a ROM customizer.

The backup tool will not only backup apps (/data/app/*.apk) it will also let you to backup other stuff as home screen settings, mail settings, accounts, WiFi keys, bt pairings.
All stuff you can backup with this should be considered as safe to backup/restore.

Use it or not, it's all up to you.

I know there is about 15 000 happy users here at xda so I'm pretty sure we did something good


Sent from my HTC One X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #26  
nm8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Donate to Me
Thanks, I have just flashed it and it worked brilliantly, just notice it did not remove "Readers Hub" and "reader's store". Readers hub does not work if it detects root antway... Thanks I don't have to manually disable the bloatwares myself... will test and update thread when necessary
The Following User Says Thank You to nm8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #27  
MarckX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,269
 
835 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

Thanks, I have just flashed it and it worked brilliantly, just notice it did not remove "Readers Hub" and "reader's store". Readers hub does not work if it detects root antway... Thanks I don't have to manually disable the bloatwares myself... will test and update thread when necessary

Thanks for the nice feedback, mate. If you can post the names of the .apks you removed for the Readers store and hub, we can add it to future versions of RC. No need keeping them if they don't work with custom ROMs anyway, I guess
We'll be glad to hear the outcome of your tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83

...
Why should I explain more?
...

No need to explain more, mate. It's all in your post, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrics83

...
I know there is about 15 000 happy users here at xda so I'm pretty sure we did something good
...

The only thing I would like to add to that is that the stated 15000 aren't the download counts, but actually returning happy users for our supported devices.

And along the way you will notice that there will be fast and nice support, in a (hopefully) friendly thread. Besides that, you can join our IRC channel for support, suggestions or lots of OT chitchat as well

So don't be shy (using this and) sharing your experiences with this tool, we can't wait to make it even better....

Sent from my ROMCleaner treated device using xda premium
Last edited by MarckX; 16th October 2012 at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #28  
nm8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Donate to Me
The name of the apks are reader store and readers hub. Also would like to suggest for future builds is to have a menu during setup so we can choose which apks are being removed. That way it is better as some users would like to keep some part of the bloatware like music hub etc which was automatically removed. Thanks
16th October 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Does it remove bloatware automatically? Pretty pointless if I have to spend hours selecting every app I want to remove - may as well use titanium backup if that's the case

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
16th October 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #30  
Patrics83's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 8,133
 
5,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

The name of the apks are reader store and readers hub. Also would like to suggest for future builds is to have a menu during setup so we can choose which apks are being removed. That way it is better as some users would like to keep some part of the bloatware like music hub etc which was automatically removed. Thanks

Thanks but we need full apk name if possible. "Reader_hub.apk" - "ReadersHub.apk" etc.

We will not add a menu to select what to edit because that's just waste of time.
Edit a ROMCleaner_user.txt and use it over and over again if you want.

This is yet another reason why we differ from other "de-bloating" solutions.
And so far our users find it very good.

We did how ever plan to make a user.txt creator from the AROMA but it takes so much time compared to list all apps in a txt file together with a short description.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokas.

Does it remove bloatware automatically? Pretty pointless if I have to spend hours selecting every app I want to remove - may as well use titanium backup if that's the case

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

.........
Last edited by Patrics83; 17th October 2012 at 08:29 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patrics83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes