[TRICK] Text mode pseudo-Google Now for all ROMS using Google Talk (Updated)
I just found a neat trick...if you use Google Talk you can have the power of Google Now on your fingertips. This obviously only works in text mode so no fancy windows, cards or animations but...stills does the job. Also, it's only available in English
What do you need to do? Just add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your list and that's it!
See the screenshots here:
- Score <team>: Let's you search the score of the specified team
- Weather <city>: Tells you the current weather on defined location
- Define <word>: Dictionary
- Translate <word>: Translator
- Web <query>: Google!
- Calculate: <calculation> | For conversion: <value> <unit> in <new unit> (ie 130 celsius in F)
- Currency: <amount> <currenty> to <currency>
Do these commands reminds you of anything? Yes, they are the same options available for Google Now (except for flights, that I suppose is based in a web search and presented in a fancy way).
UPDATED with new commands thanks to celebi23 & majo_scigo
Hope this helps anyone!
HTC One 802w | S-OFF 2.49 | Unlocked | WWE KK Stock ROM | Sense 6