Originally Posted by stigolsen
I registered here today hoping you guys could help me out. I bought my daughter a tablet called Kurio. Its Android v. 4.0.3 and I would like to Root it but regular google searches and occational YouTube-videos confuses me rather then helping out.
kurioworld.com .... check out this website to get a closer look on the tablet, and perhaps come up with a solution ?
As the Tablet runs today its not compatible with a lot of games, and im not able to connect the device to Google Play Android App store.
Thx for reading the post, I really hope you can help me out.
I also got the Kurio for my daughter today and got quite mad when I noticed that Google Apps wasn't there. I guess they havent been approved by google or something. I can't see any other reason why google apps is left out.
I tried the alternative market (1Market) but the first thing I saw when I opened it was a porn app. So I removed it quickly. Then I tried installing Amazon appstore. Worked well but I'm not allowed to buy apps here in Norway. Quite irritating.
Finally i found a way to get apps from Google Play into the Kurio. This requires that you have another rooted android device with gapps:
1. Install Shark App backup & restore on your second android device.
2. Install the apps you need.
3. Back up the apps you want placed on the Kurio with the Shark app
4. Remove SD Card from your phone/tablet/whatever and insert it into the Kurio
5. Enter Android mode on the Kurio, open the File Manager, navigate to /sdcard/AppManagerProMax
6. "click" on the apk's you want to install.
Works like a charm. My daughter will be happy to see minecraft PE on her Kurio in the morning.
I did this on a HTC Sensation with CM10.