Is the Amaze still your "daily device"?

Do you still use the Amaze as your daily device?

• Yes!

Votes: 115 82.7%
  • No.

Votes: 24 17.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread
D

DinoSoup

Just curious as to who still uses this phone as their daily device! Seems like everyone here's signatures say a different device now.

D

DinoSoup

Good! Your development work here, is AWESOME! :)

Sent from my Amaze using xda premium

D

DinoSoup

I just took the back ghost armor off of it... It feels so much better than the S2 in my hand. :)

S

Sanadrate

Yes its sexy but I seen this at Wally world! Otterbox like case

Irrelevance is for s2

3z0jA.jpeg

Sent From My Galaxy Nexus
Items For Trade
http://goo.gl/u31Yt

Walmart T-Mobile Galaxy SII $355.21 Shipped.
http://goo.gl/6jfBo

"Eat Drink And Be Merry. For Tomorrow They May Cancel Your Credit Cards."

b33j7030

Jan 3, 2012
Yup!!.. been on Amaze since i bought it.. :) very happy with the exception of the OE battery ofcourse...

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Yup!!.. been on Amaze since i bought it.. :) very happy with the exception of the OE battery ofcourse...

actually not "BOUGHT" but got it for "Free" by opening another line.

dcacklam

Mar 31, 2011
Yelm, WA
sites.google.com
Just curious as to who still uses this phone as their daily device! Seems like everyone here's signatures say a different device now.

Still using it...

Historically I stick with the phone I have until I wreck it (usually by breaking the screen)...

That was the fate of my Galaxy S 4G, the phone I had before my Amaze.

The only phone I have not destroyed (going back to the days of Moto bar-phones and the original Razr) is the Verizon Vortex that I got specifically to use at Camp Shelby, MS while training for my last National Guard deployment. T-Mobile sucked wind out there, and VZW had 3G.

Of course, back home in WA it's reversed - Verizon's lack of wi-fi calling makes them useless where I live (complete dead zone for several miles, all 'G's, all carriers), so the Vortex was saved from apparently inevitable destruction by the fact that I cancelled it's service when I left for Afghanistan and never turned it back on again!

Mashkawizii

Jul 7, 2012
Thunder Bay
When I had sense 3.6 I had bad signals, GPS hack works better than regular it seems

Phreaks play on the Fone, and the HTC Amaze 4G, - XML

Still my daily. Especially now with Nitemare Sense 4.0 Rom.

Sent from my AMAZING HTC AMAZE in your mom's bedroom!

Same here. But for me that will probably change when the Note II comes out. Then I'll hold on to the amaze just to see where development goes for a bit. And just incase I can't stand the size on the Note lol

Sent from my Amaze using Tapatalk 2

IronWolve

May 8, 2008
Seattle
LG V30
Using Energy rom with Faux kernel at 1.76ghz, working just fine as my daily driver. Replaced the battery with a 3600 mah mugen. Everything seems to work ok

I play music with it all time, irc chat, read websites, alarm clock, imdb, movie checks, starbucks card, etc. Everything just works, and fast.
First phone that doesnt lag and feel like a toy. I'm normally an early adopter and upgrade like crazy, I'm pretty happy so far. HTC VX (or something like that) does look like what I want, sdcard slot, LTE, 1080P screen.. Just want a real sliding keyboard with large ass battery and I'd be set.

Only things I don't like about it is some simple functionality issues.

• Contacts and contact groups need polished. (At least you can hide google+ groups and ones without phone numbers)
  • Dialer is cluttered, looks nice, but facebook integration is overkill. (Except photos)
  • No way to save all contacts in into google contacts. (All services merged into one with Facebook photos, there are apps to help some)
  • Browser bookmarks are a tad annoying in default browser. But flash works!
  • MP3 Directories are a tad annoying to sort properly with internal/external memory.
  • Need some way to save ratings of songs in the ID3 tags or playlist files, no universal rating system in music.
  • Blacklisting apps work mostly, would like something built into the OS.
  • No nice desk dock, need to find something more universal.
  • USB plug tend to wiggle, MHL cable fits perfect. (I was plugging it in 2-4 times a day, new battery should make that once)

-Brook

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still my one and only dev-ice. I flash multiple versions of viper every day in hopes of fixing the last few non working things.

I ain't giving this phone up ever. I've passed up several opportunities to get an sgs3 but I like this phone better.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
    T-mo

I just switched my 5 phones to the no contract plan. I was paying almost 300 a month for 5 phones and a hotspot. $200 to cancel the hot spot. $200 each for two phones to cancel contract, and one for $50 for cancel contract.
    New monthly bill = $145 per month.

So after I pay off all the contract termination fees.... I pretty much paid full price for at least 1 phone.

Now, say If I wanted the new HTC One I have to pay full price.

Yeah, I'll be hoping my Amazing Amaze doesn't die on me for at least another year.

If we get sense 4.5 or 5 working, I really wont want another phone.

My daughter has a newer amaze. got it in december, so don't worry. If mine takes a dump, I'm going to take hers and buy her something else.

I'll be here a while! :)
    I Am In Love With this phone over all phones ever made lol...I love how the phone itself sets in the aluminum backing so the backing takes all the damage...and I'm not exaggerating when I say all...I've had my amaze for 2 years and the only thing I've replaced is the backing because the old one got too ugly lol...point being...when it comes to this phone a protector case is optional and you won't be mad if you decide against it...I like the 2mp camera and the sd card support :) HTC needs to bring back sd cards...until then...my amaze isn't going anywhere...I can ramble on all day about this phone which in my opinion is still very advanced in design. I had a sensation....loved it...got an amaze...and then I got married haha...Thanks to all devs that made this device awesome...HTC you suck *$$ for not updating to jb sense 4.+ but You Still Rock Harder Than SamDung Haha...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
    I've got mine till it dies! Which I hope it's a long long time. Perfect size. Great hardware. I went a day and a half with moderate use...

Viper Amaze Dev
    I finally got time to look into the nexus 4.. PLEASE don't support development of devices without expandable memory! They'll only keep making phones that way if people keep BUYING them that way! Not having the ability to add another 64gb of memory is silly, as is paying such premium prices for larger amounts of built in memory..
    That aside, the device doesn't seem all that bad. I will NEVER buy another device without external memory, my nexus 7 was a mistake in this regard. I'm sure the phone could be a lot better.. but it could be worse too I suppose.
    Until something actually impresses me, I'm sticking with my amaze as my DD.