This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.
NEW VERSION 2.0 12/12/2014
I'm proud to announce the release of Version 2.0, a complete rewrite with tons of new features.
I've opened a new thread specifically dealing with the new version here.
NEW VERSION 1.2 03/02/2013
Finally, the app allows pairing via NFC and more:
- NFC (Beta)
NFC can now be used for connecting to the WiFi and opening FFT'S web address
You will have to install an app like WiFiTap on the receipient's device for connecting to the WiFi via NFC.
Please note that WiFiTap only connects to a WiFi that not already known.
NFC pairing is in BETA state currently. Send me an email if you experience problems.
- New notifications that display progress, file size, current transfer speed and estimated transfer time
- Hints for QR code and NFC
- Added support for Android 2.2 (Tested on ZTE Blade)
- Now continues sending when device's screen is turned off or the app is closed to background
- Loads of bug fixes:
- Error message on devices where the app could not get an IP
- Multiple files should now work
- Should now correctly restore WiFi Tethering
- Menu works for devices without HW menu button
- Progress correctly shown for files bigger than 4GB
- Up to 20x speed of bluetooth
- The receiver is device-independent
- No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
- No data usage for file transfers
- The receiver does not have to have the app installed
- Send single or multiple files
- Easy to setup:
- Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL
Fast File Transfer
Developer: Florian Draschbacher
Platform: Android 2.2 and higher
Play Store Link:
The app does not work on:
Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
Most HTC One devices
HTC EVO devices
Some Galaxy Y devices
Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7
These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering. Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.
Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!