Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NFC UPDATE] [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Tip us?

devasenan200
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoupthief View Post
If your (sending) device doesn't allow tethering it won't work. If it does, then this is likely Pilot Error...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Its working in gingerbread ROM in my phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to devasenan200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MIB Software
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Cool app

great app, thanks gusy
The Following User Says Thank You to MIB Software For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattkilla420
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB Software View Post
great app, thanks gusy
i followed directions went into gallery and tried sharing a few pics with the APP and sent me for an Immediate boot loop. Boot img displayed and rom reloaded. Cant get it to work thus far.. on my Motorola XT912

Porobu
Old
Thanks Meter 386
Default Re: [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Works great on my galaxy mini 2, i use it to transfer things to my tablet that doesnt have wifi direct

Sent from my GT-S6500D using xda app-developers app
My YouTube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/Porobu
Register DropBox account from this link and earn more free space: http://db.tt/Q8AGaQld
The Following User Says Thank You to Porobu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FD_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
i followed directions went into gallery and tried sharing a few pics with the APP and sent me for an Immediate boot loop. Boot img displayed and rom reloaded. Cant get it to work thus far.. on my Motorola XT912
As mentioned in the app description on Google Play, the app does not work on Motorola's Razr devices. Sorry for that. It seems Motorola have a major bug somewhere in their WiFiManager implementation.
Transfer files via WiFi - without the need of an existing WiFi connection: Fast File Transfer for Android

kbar1
Old
(Last edited by kbar1; 28th January 2013 at 03:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Default Excellent app

Works fine on Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003) running stock 2.3.6 GB. Getting speeds in excess of 1600 kbyte/s.

Requests to dev:

1. Show file size, speed, estimated time remaining during transfer.

2. Include a "cancel" button.

3. Enable batch transfers (queuing multiple file transfers).

4. Include a notification in the pull down menu with details of the transfer.

5. Consider implementing it like Bluetooth file transfer. The app must be installed on both devices. Pair/authenticate the devices, then select the file and the receiver device. Transfer will start immediately. The app running in background in the receiver device will detect the incoming file(s) and transfer them, without user intervention. Of course, include an option to "ask always". For non-Android devices, there's web based transfer/QR code.

Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to kbar1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FD_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbar1 View Post
Works fine on Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003) running stock 2.3.6 GB. Getting speeds in excess of 1600 kbyte/s.
Great !

Quote:
1. Show file size, speed, estimated time remaining during transfer.
2. Include a "cancel" button.
4. Include a notification in the pull down menu with details of the transfer.
Will add this in one of the next updates.

Quote:
3. Enable batch transfers (queuing multiple file transfers).
You can already send multiple files:
Just select multiple files in your file explorer before sending them.

Quote:
5. Consider implementing it like Bluetooth file transfer. The app must be installed on both devices. Pair/authenticate the devices, then select the file and the receiver device. Transfer will start immediately. The app running in background in the receiver device will detect the incoming file(s) and transfer them, without user intervention. Of course, include an option to "ask always". For non-Android devices, there's web based transfer/QR code.
I'm planning to include a receiving part right within the app, where you would only have to enter Name and PW of the sender once and can receive with one click later.
Transfer files via WiFi - without the need of an existing WiFi connection: Fast File Transfer for Android
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FD_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aashuk Mehta
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Default Re: [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

I think you should not enable it like Bluetooth because I can send files to my laptop

Having app installed on both devices is not possible on laptop

Sent from my One V using xda premium

FD_
Old
(Last edited by FD_; 28th January 2013 at 05:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashukmehta View Post
I think you should not enable it like Bluetooth because I can send files to my laptop
Having app installed on both devices is not possible on laptop
Developing an app that allows transfers to any WiFi device was one of my original goals, so of course I will always keep a way to receive without any special app. The receiving part I mentioned would just connect to the WiFi for you and open the web browser automatically.

BTW, some One V users report that the app does not work for them. Does it work on your One V? If so, which ROM are you running?

jophil2412
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default AW: [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Just discovered your app and have to say it's brilliant. I've always been searching for an app allowing me to send files via wifi between to devices using the Hotspot functionality. You just made my day the only thing that could improve your app is a holo design and the already mentioned nfc feature

Gesendet von meinem Xoom mit Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to jophil2412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]