Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Snapdragon S4 Pro vs. Exynos 4 Quad

OP sidthegreatest

17th October 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76

421 posts
I am sure there are a lot of threads about this, but I couldn't find a single thread where they were actually compared.
I would like to know if it is worth upgrading from a GSIII [my current device] to a device using S4 Pro. Is the performance of the S4 better than the Exynos ? Are phones such as LG Optimus G/Nexus, Padfone 2 going to be better than the GSIII ?
I hope to get an idea as to any differences there might be between them both.
Thanks
17th October 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 8

103 posts
More
A significant factor for us here on xda is the support, Exynos failed to support our devs here and devices that have Exynos suffer for it on custom ROM scene.
The Following User Says Thank You to payaxy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by payaxy

A significant factor for us here on xda is the support, Exynos failed to support our devs here and devices that have Exynos suffer for it on custom ROM scene.

Exactly.. With a huge number of devs from Team Hacksung dropping support for the SIII, I am worried there might not be much support for future versions of CM.. The amount of support that Qualcomm provides is obviously much better.
19th October 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 24

279 posts
More
The optimus G got a locked bootloader so there will be pretty much zero development for it,don't know about the padfone 2.The upcoming lg nexus can be a good option but it won't likely have more than 16GB storage(if not just 8gb) with no expansion but yeah,if you don't care about that then get it when it comes out because S4 pro does perform better than exynos...I don't think the difference is that noticeable in real life usage tho especially with jelly bean.
19th October 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,083

2,958 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthegreatest

I am sure there are a lot of threads about this, but I couldn't find a single thread where they were actually compared.
I would like to know if it is worth upgrading from a GSIII [my current device] to a device using S4 Pro. Is the performance of the S4 better than the Exynos ? Are phones such as LG Optimus G/Nexus, Padfone 2 going to be better than the GSIII ?
I hope to get an idea as to any differences there might be between them both.
Thanks

Seriously? -_- The SGS3 is still a top-range flagship and you're already considering upgrading? I'm still happy with an HD2 after a few years. What are you even going to get out of it? Better benchmark performance but nothing actually noticeable. No offence to you personally, but I think that this is a completely idiotic idea.
20th October 2012, 08:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

421 posts
Given the fact that I recently purchased my SIII, I can still offload it for a decent amount. I have my eyes on a few phones using the S4 pro such as the LG Nexus, Padfone 2, Mi-2, etc..
CM development on the S3 is already suffering due to devs refusing to develop for Exynos. This is only going to get worse once new versions of Android cone out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread