Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi problem on Trickdroid

Tip us?

lonoguge
Old
(Last edited by lonoguge; 18th October 2012 at 03:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default [Q] Wifi problem on Trickdroid

I'm currently using an S4 Tmobile One S I can't get a wifi connection on trickdroid version 8.1.0. (I can on version 7.0.0) and I can't get it to work on Viper rom.
I've already tried flashing the Extra partitions 1.84 and 2.35 but neither of them seem to help at all.
so I have a few questions:

1. Is there anyway to use trickdroid version 7 and update the software to sense 4.1 and get android version 4.0.4 without switching to trickdroid version 8?

2. Is there a specific kernel that guarantees that the extra partitions.zip files will fix wifi? Or perhaps changing hboot or radio to stock?

lonoguge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Ok so I just realized that the trickdroid Rom version 7.0.0 is already based on 4.0.4 and sense 4.1. So I have every thing working but I can't flash the tweak packages with this version without getting a bootloop?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

jeetp26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues

lonoguge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetp26 View Post
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues
Did you upgrade to the latest ota from T-Mobile or not? Upgrading guarantees a loss of WiFi and poor signal on many roms so stick with android 4.0.3. I suggest to try trickdroid Rom instead and see if it causes the same WiFi problem.

jeetp26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-04 14.53.03.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1457333  

lonoguge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...
Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

jeetp26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonoguge View Post
Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?

lonoguge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?
Yea unfortunately :/ i honestly think Trickdroid is better if for no other reason, battery life. Besides that, Trick droid is nearly stock so its up to you.

tsokira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I upgraded to Trickdroid 8 can I flash back to 7 to get wifi back?

lonoguge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsokira View Post
If I upgraded to Trickdroid 8 can I flash back to 7 to get wifi back?
Yea, But trick droid 8 may have worse data speeds too, and if you're willing to sacrifice those you may want to try other ROMs. Viper one is a very popular one because of all the customizations. Remember to flash boot.IMG of any ROM you flash or you'll get a boot loop.