Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi problem on Trickdroid

Tip us?
 
lonoguge
Old
(Last edited by lonoguge; 18th October 2012 at 03:01 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default [Q] Wifi problem on Trickdroid

I'm currently using an S4 Tmobile One S I can't get a wifi connection on trickdroid version 8.1.0. (I can on version 7.0.0) and I can't get it to work on Viper rom.
I've already tried flashing the Extra partitions 1.84 and 2.35 but neither of them seem to help at all.
so I have a few questions:

1. Is there anyway to use trickdroid version 7 and update the software to sense 4.1 and get android version 4.0.4 without switching to trickdroid version 8?

2. Is there a specific kernel that guarantees that the extra partitions.zip files will fix wifi? Or perhaps changing hboot or radio to stock?
 
lonoguge
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Ok so I just realized that the trickdroid Rom version 7.0.0 is already based on 4.0.4 and sense 4.1. So I have every thing working but I can't flash the tweak packages with this version without getting a bootloop?


Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
 
jeetp26
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues
 
lonoguge
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetp26 View Post
I just got my One S S4 from T-Mobile just 2 days and I rooted it the same day, however right after I unlocked the bootloader, I started getting no signal. I didn't mind and I continued to follow through with the rooting process, and I successfully got root, and then flashed Trickdroid 8.1 and I noticed the same thing.

I couldn't connect to wifi. It would detect the network and I'd put my password for wifi in but it wouldn't connect.

And also, I was getting no signal but I had 4G on..? So basically I could surf the web, and the apps could use mobile data, but I couldn't make calls or send/receive texts. Weird. And this frightened to me because I had just gotten the phone a few hours ago, and so I unrooted and went back to stock.

I would also like help on this issue, as I'm planning to root again, and use a custom ROM. But I would like to know if wifi or signal has any issues
Did you upgrade to the latest ota from T-Mobile or not? Upgrading guarantees a loss of WiFi and poor signal on many roms so stick with android 4.0.3. I suggest to try trickdroid Rom instead and see if it causes the same WiFi problem.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
 
jeetp26
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-04 14.53.03.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1457333  
 
lonoguge
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetp26 View Post
Uhm, like I said, I just got the phone a couple days ago, so I'm guessing yes it has the latest update? I think.

Here, I uploaded the pic of my software version...
Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
 
jeetp26
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonoguge View Post
Yea you do, HTC blocked user rights using this update so the only ROMs that support WiFi and 4g speeds are trickdroid v 7 and I believe black bean. Try flashing extra partitions because it helped most people get their WiFi and data back

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?
 
lonoguge
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetp26 View Post
Ahhhhh. Unless someone finds a way to downgrade, this is the only way for me, right?

So what do you suggest? Rooting for a trickdroid v7 or just staying on stock?
Yea unfortunately :/ i honestly think Trickdroid is better if for no other reason, battery life. Besides that, Trick droid is nearly stock so its up to you.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app
 
tsokira
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
If I upgraded to Trickdroid 8 can I flash back to 7 to get wifi back?
 
lonoguge
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsokira View Post
If I upgraded to Trickdroid 8 can I flash back to 7 to get wifi back?
Yea, But trick droid 8 may have worse data speeds too, and if you're willing to sacrifice those you may want to try other ROMs. Viper one is a very popular one because of all the customizations. Remember to flash boot.IMG of any ROM you flash or you'll get a boot loop.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more