Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unfortunately the process.android.process.acore has stopped

Tip us?

knarfies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] unfortunately the process.android.process.acore has stopped

Hey guys so i know there are plenty of threads going over this issue and even a official t mobile page explaining how to fix the issue but I'm all out of options. So i was running the stock rooted rom and saw a beats installer app in the market and decided to check it out. I proceeded with the process but when i got to the end and the app said the phone will now reboot the phone froze. I waited but after awhile decided to reboot the phone. I rebooted and the phone stayed stuck on the Samsung screen. I then proceeded to flash the stock rom i found online ( i think it was adroid police ) and rebooted. I noticed the phone didnt wipe though. I didnt have to log into google or anything. When i got back home, everything and its mom started to fail. Pop up screens so bad that i had to pull the battery and went back into odin and decided to oding the stock rooted rom. Got back to the home screen ( my phone didnt wipe after odin either ) and everything was failing still. I decided i better factory reset. That helped alot. After all day of getting my phone back together and loosing game data, i went to play virtual city and that wouldnt load. I gave up and uninstalled. I then went to join my contacts and after deleting contacts my phone pops the same error. What now? Hoping someone knows something i dont. Thanks guys.

knarfies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
If anyone cares, I did another factory reset but from the settings menu instead of recovery and the phone seems to be running great so far. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to knarfies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dellenrules
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knarfies View Post
If anyone cares, I did another factory reset but from the settings menu instead of recovery and the phone seems to be running great so far. Keeping my fingers crossed

Ran into that problem recently. Fixed by clearing data on contact and contact storage in app manager.

Happens sometimes when ever a new ROM is flashed.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to dellenrules For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pleskot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm also getting the same error. I started getting it after trying to root with the odin procedure with no flash counter increase. when i flash the stock image back it works normally, but i want root!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pleskot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RipplingHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellenrules View Post
Ran into that problem recently. Fixed by clearing data on contact and contact storage in app manager.

Googled your post, worked for me on the Tab 10.1 after flashing a CM10 update without clearing user data. Thanks!
HP Touchpad
Refurbs Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi (two, in the car - headrests)
Galaxy tab 8.9 LTE (in the car, driver's);
Galaxy tab 7.7 with me at all times. Galaxy Note 1: permanently in wife's car now.

Phone: Galaxy Note II LTE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipplingHurst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cognatus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

This also worked for me! just curious how did you know to clear contact and contact storage ?

Thanks again now to import my contacts back...

taigan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Thanks, you saved my bacon! I thought I would have to delete all my user data, but I did this after a flash and it worked perfectly. Appreciate your post!

McDowski
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

Had the same problem, and your advice worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McDowski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dellenrules
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
No problem. Glad it helped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dellenrules For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smileyz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knarfies View Post

Love you <3

Tags
acore, error