Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch screen going CRAZY

Tip us?

nkomp18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Touch screen going CRAZY

I think I have the weirdest problem with my Sensation XL.

It works fine and sometimes, when I unlock it, the touch screen goes into super frenzy mode and starts doing things on its own. When it's stuck in that mode, I cannot use it, and it clicks buttons around randomly and very fast.
I have seen it open my messages, swipe a long gibberish text and send it (!) or this morning it just opened contacts and deleted one!
I am pretty sure it's all in random because on the keyboard I can see it swiping very randomly around the screen and in a very fast speed.
What on earth is this and how do I stop it? It almost looks like a virus or some sort of spyware but I checked and see nothing malicious installed.

The phone is about 8 months old and is not rooted. Latest firmware installed.(4.0.3 Android version).
The crazy behaviour did not coincide with any updates in software. Just started 3 weeks ago randomly and happened maybe 5 times till now.

The only way to stop your phone going mad and doing something you don't want it to do is to quickly rip the battery off, because you are unable to restart it from the touch screen.

It only happens after you unlock it, not while you're using it and I noticed it happens after a long period of inactivity.

Has anyone had that? Any help is very appreciated!
Thank you

Lexmazter
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 667

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkomp18 View Post
I think I have the weirdest problem with my Sensation XL.

It works fine and sometimes, when I unlock it, the touch screen goes into super frenzy mode and starts doing things on its own. When it's stuck in that mode, I cannot use it, and it clicks buttons around randomly and very fast.
I have seen it open my messages, swipe a long gibberish text and send it (!) or this morning it just opened contacts and deleted one!
I am pretty sure it's all in random because on the keyboard I can see it swiping very randomly around the screen and in a very fast speed.
What on earth is this and how do I stop it? It almost looks like a virus or some sort of spyware but I checked and see nothing malicious installed.

The phone is about 8 months old and is not rooted. Latest firmware installed.(4.0.3 Android version).
The crazy behaviour did not coincide with any updates in software. Just started 3 weeks ago randomly and happened maybe 5 times till now.

The only way to stop your phone going mad and doing something you don't want it to do is to quickly rip the battery off, because you are unable to restart it from the touch screen.

It only happens after you unlock it, not while you're using it and I noticed it happens after a long period of inactivity.

Has anyone had that? Any help is very appreciated!
Thank you
Lock the screen and open it again. If this doesn't stop it could be a Hardware problem
I also had some problems like this on the original firmware, but rarely, it got fixed when i flashed Incredibly Cool Sense v3. You should lock the screen not to rip the battery off, as it's faster and it should work
Find me on irc channel here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logcat
E/AndroidRuntime( 401): Error reporting WTF

nkomp18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexmazter View Post
Lock the screen and open it again. If this doesn't stop it could be a Hardware problem
I also had some problems like this on the original firmware, but rarely, it got fixed when i flashed Incredibly Cool Sense v3. You should lock the screen not to rip the battery off, as it's faster and it should work

I don't think it's a hardware issue cause the phone works well most of the time. If it was hardware the problem would be permanent, not intermittent and especially so occasional.

Must be something software related, I did add a lot of games to the phone recently but the problem happens even when these processes aren't running in the background which is puzzling.

Locking and unlocking the screen postpones the problem, it doesn't solve it. As soon as the screen is unlocked, it immediately goes crazy again.
I can only solve it by pulling the battery out, and FAST, before it sends crazy messages to my contacts

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
I don't think it's a hardware issue cause the phone works well most of the time. If it was hardware the problem would be permanent, not intermittent and especially so occasional.

Must be something software related, I did add a lot of games to the phone recently but the problem happens even when these processes aren't running in the background which is puzzling.

Locking and unlocking the screen postpones the problem, it doesn't solve it. As soon as the screen is unlocked, it immediately goes crazy again.
I can only solve it by pulling the battery out, and FAST, before it sends crazy messages to my contacts
Welcome to the club. I had that same issue. But after a hard reset everything is fine with mine.
I assume that there was an app causing all that. If after a hard reset still does that you should send it for repair

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

stona175
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
If you have a screen protector its can be a main reason for this. To stop this behavior you can use power button and wake up it again. Some htc devices have the problem with multi touch screen
Issues of production. Clear the screen products with some alcohol and see than.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Quote:
HTC HD - Don't ask.......
HTC HD 2 (LEO) - Sold. The best phone i ever had !
HTC Sensation XL - Sold. AND NEVER MORE !!!
HTC One X - ViperX 4.0.7 + lyapota kernel v17 + TurboBoostMOD

nkomp18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't have a screen protector actually and the screen is usually clean.

Must be some app, I wonder there was some way to find out which without having to do a hard reset and lose everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by stona175 View Post
If you have a screen protector its can be a main reason for this. To stop this behavior you can use power button and wake up it again. Some htc devices have the problem with multi touch screen
Issues of production. Clear the screen products with some alcohol and see than.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
I don't have a screen protector actually and the screen is usually clean.

Must be some app, I wonder there was some way to find out which without having to do a hard reset and lose everything
You can't! There is no way you can find out which one is causing that. Maybe it's some update from something that is causing the freezing.
Last night i did notice something else though. My battery was almost empty and i took my gf charger. She has S2 and after i charged my phone it has started to act strange......... Even today after i pluged the phone to install something from the PC it didn't even notice that i have connected it to the PC. Took me about 20 min in/out to get it running I clean the usb slot every week so it is not a dirt issue....

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

insevanhouts
Old
Thanks Meter 25
it happens with me when there's water on the screen

Send from my lovely Sensation XL, from a little town in france with a very very slow internet connection.

anders3408
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 1198
Mine was also weird when it rains but then I installed android 4.0 Rom and it was much much better it still has the music app problem but I has installed rocket music player and now I don't have any errors at all at with the minfree low memory killer enabled it has high free ram.. still without its holds battery long time and is very smooth defenly try that great Rom

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to anders3408 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rawadlayous
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Be careful from contiouas pressure on screen it may drive it to behave strangely .
Try to use lock code before putting the phone into pocket

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using xda app-developers app