OP yuweng

13th February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #301  
Thanks Meter: 27

155 posts
Thanks yuweng for this guide.

I have a Lenovo "a60+" mt6575 bricked.

When I follow you method, it fails with this message:

And then, when I use firmware-update, I have this one:

The rom was download from lenovo forums: http://bbs.lenovomobile.com/forum.php?

Any idea what is happend?
13th February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #302  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
More
Phone Help needed to 'unbrick' star n9770!
Hi,i have read this thread and am hoping that others can advice and help me.
My phone details are;

MODEL: STAR N9770
ANDROID VERSION:4.1.1 JELLY BEAN
BUILD NUMBER(STOCK ROM):e1909l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20_20130114
BASEBAND VERSION:MAUI.11 AMD.W12.22.SP.V15.P2,2013/01/06 11:12
KERNEL VERSION:3.4.0 root@zhangjianan-desktop)#1 SMP PREEMPT FRI JAN 18 10:14:09 CST 2013

the above details i noted down when first got phone.
I was looking to install CWM and ROOT my phone when it became BRICKED.
I used SP FLASH TOOL and i flashed this ROM :e1909c_v77_gq1008_a41_6628_20130109
THIS BRICKED THE DEVICE,IT WOULD NOT TURN ON,CHARGE,ENTER RECOVERY MODE,ETC

from advice from others on xda and reading this current thread i tried to activate META MODE but no joy.i dismantled phone and looked for TESTPOINT.searching for FACTORY ROM i came across this.

STAR N9770 ROM 4.1.1 JELLYBEAN :e1909l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20_20130129

i used SP FLASH TOOL while holding TESTPOINT and ROM loaded all the way and GREEN CIRCLE and DOWNLOAD OK

PHONE STILL BRICK
on PC windows when phone is connected via usb cable in DEVICES AND PRINTERS the phone is RECOGNISED for about 6 SECONDS then disengaged and engages again.
in DEVICE MANAGER MTK USB PORT (COM 42) engages and disengages also.under device properties it says it is functioning properly.

I TRIED FLASH AGAIN WITH SP FLASH TOOL WITH PHONE FULLY CLOSED,NOT USING META MODE,OR TESTPOINT(PHONE SCREWED SHUT) AND SP FLASH TOOL RUNS THROUGH LIKE A DREAM TO DOWNLOAD OK GREEN CIRCLE.I TAKE IT I DON'T NEED
TESTPOINT ANYMORE! BUT STILL BRICK!!

if you could kindly help in any way i would be very greatful.i have only had this phone a week! and would be happy if it can be revived thankyou

P.S. I HAVE NOT GOT A COPY OR BACKUP OF MY FACTORY ROM BUT AM ACTIVELY SEEKING IT!!

YUWENG,CYBERMAUS AND OTHERS DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION PLEASE
13th February 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #303  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,511

786 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirracas77

Any idea what is happend?

As said, not all devices have this built-in META mode then you have to hunt for testpoint...

However, i'm quite sure Lenovo has this META mode its just that they change the combination on different models...

AFAIK, to enable download mode for Lenovo, at SPFT, first click at Download or Firmware -> Upgrade if you have the complete files
1) A789 - Holding Volume Up, don't let go then plugin USB cable
2) P700 - With USB cable connected, Press both Volume Up/ Down then insert the battery
3) A60 - With USB cable connected, Press & Hold Camera + Power

Try other combinations too if it doesn't work...

Good Luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETCHYTECH

YUWENG,CYBERMAUS AND OTHERS DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION PLEASE

i've said this many times on this thread & also reply many who pm me, DO NOT JUST FLASH ROM TAKEN FROM THE WEB & make a backup with MTK Droid Tools first before you do anything...

Since end of last year, Mediatek has update their chipset which is supposed to be compatible but many manufacturer change camera, LCD module & sensor as well & lately JB ROM update & all these SPFT files will brick your device...

The partition layout for ICS & JB ROM change as well so you will definitely need to reflash a complete set of SPFT files that is meant for your device...

And i've just found out from china.iphone.ru, for MT6577 Star N9776, the manufacturer actually downgrade its SoC to MT6575.... Thats why its cheaper & some update it to latest JB ROM & brick it...

i've just updated the guide here just for you guys & hopefully a good samaritan will follow that guide & upload his/ her Factory ROM just for you...
The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #304  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
More
Thumbs up The exact factory rom needed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

As said, not all devices have this built-in META mode then you have to hunt for testpoint...

However, i'm quite sure Lenovo has this META mode its just that they change the combination on different models...

AFAIK, to enable download mode for Lenovo, at SPFT, first click at Download or Firmware -> Upgrade if you have the complete files
2) P700 - With USB cable connected, Press both Volume Up/ Down then insert the battery

Good Luck...

i've said this many times on this thread & also reply many who pm me, DO NOT JUST FLASH ROM TAKEN FROM THE WEB & make a backup with MTK Droid Tools first before you do anything...

Since end of last year, Mediatek has update their chipset which is supposed to be compatible but many manufacturer change camera, LCD module & sensor as well & lately JB ROM update & all these SPFT files will brick your device...

The partition layout for ICS & JB ROM change as well so you will definitely need to reflash a complete set of SPFT files that is meant for your device...

And i've just found out from china.iphone.ru, for MT6577 Star N9776, the manufacturer actually downgrade its SoC to MT6575.... Thats why its cheaper & some update it to latest JB ROM & brick it...

i've just updated the guide here just for you guys & hopefully a good samaritan will follow that guide & upload his/ her Factory ROM just for you...

Hi,Yueng thanks for your superfast reply.just to clarify are you saying i need theEXACT SAME FACTORY ROM AS MY PHONE CAME WITH.
NOTHING ELSE WILL DO? thankyou for your time and patience,cheers!
13th February 2013, 08:36 PM   |  #305  
OP Senior Member

786 posts
Haha, coincidentally that i'm also online now so normally i'll reply to any queries & questions...

As said previously, AFAIK, few users are actually using ROMs from other devices since they cannot find their Factory ROM & they are quite happy with it...

Luckily, most MT657x ROMs are compatible for use however may be few other function such as camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS & etc might not work but most importantly, at least you could still make calls out of it...

No worries, Star N9770 is quite famous & unlike those unknown brands, so i guess sooner or later i'm sure you'll find the Factory ROM...

Good Luck...
13th February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #306  

155 posts
Quote:

Good Luck...

Thanks for your quick answer.

Strangely, I have the same results if I press some buttons or don't. The behaviour of the tool/load is exactly the same.

This is the last error that I had. Is there any way to remove those bad blocks explained in the "hint"?

14th February 2013, 01:56 AM   |  #307  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
N8000+ don't start with TP
Hi friends!
I have a N8000+ brick. The problem is that I confused that model with N9770, and I install it a ROM to solve a problem with boot. I did with flash tool. The rom allowed the phone boot, but the camera and wifi didn't run. I see that I install the wrong ROM and I flash again the device with another ROM (presumably correct). The problem comes here. The phone don't start up, don't charge and PC doesn't recognizes it. I see in the thread and I found the test point of my phone. I try to flash with flash tool and the test point and it gives me this error.

S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL(1013)
(COM)Failed to open COM32

Please help me, I don't know how to unbrick this phone =(
14th February 2013, 07:12 AM   |  #308  
OP Senior Member

786 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TETCHYTECH

EXACT SAME FACTORY ROM AS MY PHONE?

Hmmm, since you mention you had it just a week & you have already flash all the correct ROMs for N9770 then i think may be you are facing the same problem as the guys from china.iphone.ru, his Factory ROM backup shows that it is indeed a MT6575...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirracas77

Is there any way to remove those bad blocks explained in the "hint"?

Typically, when you flash ROMs, you don't need to format it first but you can try...

Indeed your A60+ has the META mode, refer to here & here & here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin8

Please help me, I don't know how to unbrick this phone =(

Let me share with you guys my recent experience on upgrading my N9776 with JB ROM, i've ask Aivars from china.iphone.ru to backup his Factory ROM, he is so kind & he uploads his backups within 2 hours & its size close to 300mb ! But he didn't do a full backup so usrdata & cache is not included but the flashing went through with no problem then nothing shows up & i realize it is already bricked even its from the same model...

i tried whatsoever methods that i know & at last i have no choice but to dismantle my whole phone apart & void warranty to use the testpoint...

And to my surprise, even with the testpoint i'm getting all sort of same error you guys are getting here then i remember i had a Factory ROM backup made with MTK Droid Tools V2.2.8 at that time, burned to a DVD-ROM backup, flashed it & it went in all that way & it even work without testpoint...

So this experience clearly confirms, Factory ROM backups from your device made via MTK Droid Tools is a very important backup copy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N9776 MT6575.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1728629  
The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #309  

155 posts
Quote:

Typically, when you flash ROMs, you don't need to format it first but you can try...

Indeed your A60+ has the META mode, refer to here & here & here...

Nothing seems to work with my A60+ , it is completly "unbrickable". It is officially dead.

What is the last official verion of Flahs Tool?

On the other hand, my PC first detect this usb port:

And while SPFT is running (dowload, firmware-upgrade), detects that:

Is it correct?
Last edited by pirracas77; 14th February 2013 at 12:31 PM.
14th February 2013, 01:27 PM   |  #310  
OP Senior Member

786 posts
AFAICR, without META mode or TP, nothing will show at Device Manager -> Ports...

You cannot use latest SPFT for your old device, it will just refuse to work, use those previous SPFT listed at those site i've link earlier & i'm sure you'll have your A60+ back...

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread