Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

TruEastSydeBoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantoner View Post
So, this is not working for me... I have a RAZR MAXX HD, and I have done a factory reset on it with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!
Did you have USB debugging enabled in the phone Development settings? Also when you plug it in and get that connection notification on your phone, select USB Charge mode. It's best if you open the file after you do all that so it doesn't try to start in Mass Storage mode, before you switch to usb charge.

TruEastSydeBoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvtec View Post
this method works like a charm...super easy!!!

Verizon razr HD here

thx op!!!
Glad to hear! and you're welcome. Yes, it was very convenient to have this as soon as the phone was released.

TruEastSydeBoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141

DONATE TO ME
Word of advice to all is that you need to follow the instructions closely and run the batch file AFTER you plug in your phone and switch it charge mode and verify that the USB Debugging icon shows up. This way the program does not start running if your phone automatically goes to Mass Storage mode.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TruEastSydeBoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dscottjr81
Old
Thanks Meter 38
This didnt work for me either. I have a Maxx and understand they are the same internally, correct? Is there a way for me to convert this and use it on a Mac (last resort)? I have an old Dell my wife had in college that I use to root when there is no root for a Mac and I never know if its outdated software causes issues. This however is very simple so I have no clue why it didnt work. Downloaded drivers and they installed correctly and ran the bat file. When I plug my Mac into the pc it I have a choice of mass storage, mtp or ptp. I've tried mtp and ptp. The error I get adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. This mean it cant find adb?
https://twitter.com
Devices
32GB Nexus 5. Verizon Gun Metal M8.

Xelios029
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Worked on my Maxx, thanks! Here's what I did. I couldn't find a charge only mode so I plugged it on usb mass storage. Had to run it about 5 times. What was happening on my phone was I'd minimize the window and assume that when I came back to it I could hit a key and reboot. Well my Maxx would reboot after 5 seconds of that message displaying by itself, somehow destroying the root process. Had to sit there and press the key almost immediately when the message came up. Hope that helps!

shock2sys
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I left my razr hd maxx in MTP mode and only had to enable dubbing mode. it worked on the first try.
************************************************** *************************************
it's not a smartphone! it's a portable computer that can make/receive phone calls!

Samsung Galaxy S4 - on T-Mobile

TruEastSydeBoi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 141

DONATE TO ME
Yes you don't have to put it in charge mode, that's just how its always been for Motorola's and my Rezound. The Raz HD doesn't require that just plug it in. that was only to be safe if there was the option for just to charge it for computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to TruEastSydeBoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dscottjr81
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I got it working. Thanks
https://twitter.com
Devices
32GB Nexus 5. Verizon Gun Metal M8.

Tags
droid, motorola, razr, razr hd, root