XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which color to get?

Tip us?

TPizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Which color to get?

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

samir_a
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
I think its your personal preference I chose grey ( i still do not know why it is called that as the back is bluish as S3) over white because its back has that metallic look which I like but anyways it always going to be in a cover so it wont make much of a difference. But like I said its what you see and like
List of Devices

Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 10.1
Micromax Canvas HD, HP DV6 Laptop
LG 6990 Smartv LED TV, Samsung 5 Series LCD TV
Tata Sky HD+, Videocon D2H HD

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Yeah, definately personal preference.... I also have grey and it looks good...
If the white case is like the S2 then it will get stained but I have no trouble with marks on my white S3... Still white and looking good....
Personally I prefer the blue s3so I got one of those too but it seems samsung changed the plastics used on the s2 and s3 as the s3 really doesn't seem to stain....
Not sure about the note 10.1 but as it came out after the s3 you'd assume that the materials would be the same as the s3....

sharkeecz
Old
(Last edited by sharkeecz; 19th October 2012 at 01:21 PM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 8
I wanted white first, because grey didn't looks good on pictures, but reality in grey is much more better. I have grey one with original grey bookcase and it looks much more vauleable.
Go for grey!
SGS4: JB 4.2.2 / I9505XXUAMDD / JDO39
SGN10.1: JB 4.1.2. / JZO54K.N8010XXUCMA5

TPizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I got a brand new white on eBay for $450. It'll match my phone now I guess. Just need to find a case now.

younix258
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPizzle View Post
I got a brand new white on eBay for $450. It'll match my phone now I guess. Just need to find a case now.
I have the white one and don't worry, it doesn't seem to stain

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Kaiser Chief
Old
(Last edited by Kaiser Chief; 28th October 2012 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default grey for me

Grey looks fine less contrast with the screen.
I do like white i own a galaxy note 2 which looks very nice in white same thing for s3 and s2 which i still own.
For the tablet my advice buy grey. It won't get dirty but like I said before the contrast white to black screen makes grey the best choice.

Good luck

grandline
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default deep grey

Deep grey

megthered
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a grey and my son has a grey. I got the grey because I didn't want anyone asking me how I liked my Ipad. But we both keep them in a case so you really cant see the color. I'm sure I would have been put on the Apple lawsuit if I had gotten a white one. You know Apple invented the color white.

mexman2010
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i have white and its very good and untill now i dont have case but i clean my tablet everyday untill my case arrive from china