Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do oem accessories exist?

Tip us?

coojoe1000
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digil View Post
Does the bumper allow you to see the LED notification light on the power button, or does it cover that up?
Covers it. I have the sprint Version but bought the bumper (It mostly fits) but the power button is the rubber type that covers the phones hardware. AT&T should have stuck with the front facing notification light.

Digil
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if I can drill a hole out of the rubber myself.

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

drwario
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I got the belkin

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

OneStepAhead
Old
(Last edited by OneStepAhead; 17th November 2012 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 450
We at Diztronic are making cases for the Sprint and AT&T versions of the Optimus G. We are rolling out the Sprint version first. What I'd like to know is, are the Sprint Optimus G and the Canadian Optimus G the exact same sizes? Sprint is LS970 and I believe E973 is the Canadian version. I believe they are the same dimensions, just slightly different in weight, but I'd like to know for certain before I start advertising our case as being compatible with both.

edit:
Ok I've got part of it figured out

Sprint's LS970 = Bell & Telus's E973 = Rogers E971

Only one that is a different size is AT&T's E970. Why AT&T continues to pull this kind of crap I'll never know. They did it with their Galaxy S II model too, for god knows what reason they needed to move the noise cancellation mic a couple of millimeters and remove a lanyard hole. They like being special I guess
Diztronic Owner

My Current Devices:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
  • OnePlus One
  • Asus Nexus 7
  • Apple iPad (Verizon - 3rd Generation)

kirdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
We at Diztronic are making cases for the Sprint and AT&T versions of the Optimus G. We are rolling out the Sprint version first. What I'd like to know is, are the Sprint Optimus G and the Canadian Optimus G the exact same sizes? Sprint is LS970 and I believe E973 is the Canadian version. I believe they are the same dimensions, just slightly different in weight, but I'd like to know for certain before I start advertising our case as being compatible with both.

edit:

Only one that is a different size is AT&T's E970. Why AT&T continues to pull this kind of crap I'll never know. They did it with their Galaxy S II model too, for god knows what reason they needed to move the noise cancellation mic a couple of millimeters and remove a lanyard hole. They like being special I guess
Agree all carriers are a bunch of fools always trying to mess the phones. They somehow think messing up phones is a good thing.

pjsnyc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post

edit:

Please let us know when you're cases are available. I'd like to know what they look like.
http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=308
:P
LG Optimus G {} Stock JB {} Sprint
Nexus 7

nitrofnosaj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I managed to find an OEM leather flip cover. Its quite awesome. Came from a Telus store. $40.
Its way better than those S3 ones as well because the phone sits in plastic thing attached to the leather which definitely protects the phone from those corner drops.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

jjwatmyself
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1231
The bench mark tests in this phone surpass all phones, especially on graphics.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

noxlord
Old
(Last edited by noxlord; 11th December 2012 at 01:23 AM.) Reason: link to ebay item
Thanks Meter 25
BestBuy.ca is selling OEM bumper case and Folio Case. The folio case look nice but I would like to see a couple more pictures or a video.

On a side note, the bumper look a lot like the OEM Nexus 4 bumper.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofnosaj View Post
I managed to find an OEM leather flip cover. Its quite awesome. Came from a Telus store. $40.
Its way better than those S3 ones as well because the phone sits in plastic thing attached to the leather which definitely protects the phone from those corner drops.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app
Would you like to share a few pictures with us ?

Edit;
Here it is on Ebay, the official flip case
The Following User Says Thank You to noxlord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjwatmyself
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1231
Thanks to all for providing info on your findings. The accessories make life so much easier, especially when they work together. Anyone discover a desktop / bedside dock yet?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2