Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOW TO] [TUTORIAL] S3 Replace Cracked Glass Screen

OP XeoNoX

29th November 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again ..
30th November 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225

601 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antaras

i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again ..

sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass
4th December 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoNoX

sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass

my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?
4th December 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225

601 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_droid

my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?

the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.
5th December 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoNoX

the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.

And lastly, you have now exactly the same feeling and look as original? i.e screen is flush to bezel, no cracking noises, no evident spacing in between glass and digitizer?
how long has it been since install now?

(sorry for the bombardment of questions)
5th December 2012, 01:38 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 19

187 posts
More
This is useful to my interest....hmmmm yes yes yes it is....

I'm gonna swap parts of my gay-blue T999 to the much cooler black parts!
11th December 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #17  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 38

204 posts
More
Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216603218.jpg
Views:	2263
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1554214   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216618489.jpg
Views:	2374
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1554219   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216637331.jpg
Views:	2346
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1554222   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216647704.jpg
Views:	2497
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1554224  
11th December 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #18  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,937

3,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks213

Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?
11th December 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #19  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 38

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoY_redruM

How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?

I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

11th December 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #20  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,937

3,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks213

I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

So you need tape then right? There's no way to stick it with existing? I just want to make sure I'm prepared lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread