Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] [TUTORIAL] S3 Replace Cracked Glass Screen

Tip us?
 
antaras
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2010
i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again ..
 
XeoNoX
Old
#12  
XeoNoX's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 581
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by antaras View Post
i understand now what is .. i see the foto and one video ..
so i put the battery i turn on my mobile and if i touch the screen ( lsd ) without the front glass must be ok normaly but my doesnt make nothing i put the glass in front of the screen without a glue exactly like the video but my touch dont work again ..
sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass
 
jay_droid
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoNoX View Post
sorry but your english translation is not making sense to me...pretty much if the touchscreen still works then all u need is the glass, if your touchscreen doesn't work then u need the digitizer and the glass
my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?
 
XeoNoX
Old
#14  
XeoNoX's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 581
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_droid View Post
my question is: is there affect without having that special clear glue in the middle of screen when put back together?
the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.
 
jay_droid
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoNoX View Post
the touchscreen will work just fine without the "glue" (special adhesive), i actually removed it and cleaned it all up and just left some of it on the outter edge, u just have to make sure there is a little bit of that "glue /' residue" around the OUTER EDGE of the glass (the outer edge behind the white/blue/red part of the glass) to make sure the glass STICKS to the phone.
And lastly, you have now exactly the same feeling and look as original? i.e screen is flush to bezel, no cracking noises, no evident spacing in between glass and digitizer?
how long has it been since install now?

(sorry for the bombardment of questions)
 
puretone
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 184
Join Date: Jun 2010
This is useful to my interest....hmmmm yes yes yes it is....


I'm gonna swap parts of my gay-blue T999 to the much cooler black parts!
 
jrocks213
Old
#17  
jrocks213's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 135
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216603218.jpg
Views:	2158
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1554214   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216618489.jpg
Views:	2266
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1554219   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216637331.jpg
Views:	2249
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1554222   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355216647704.jpg
Views:	2383
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1554224  
 
uoY_redruM
Old
#18  
uoY_redruM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1930
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks213 View Post
Heres my glass I replaced today. it wasnt easy and it wasn't too difficult. I been fixing phones for a while so take your time if you Want To replace your glass. and make sure you heat up the glass real good. It helps a lot. And make sure you clean up the residue left from the glue real good. if you don't your phones screen won't work correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED
 
jrocks213
Old
#19  
jrocks213's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 135
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoY_redruM View Post
How do you set the new screen? Do I need to buy double sided LCD tape?

I see you got it out in one piece. Did you tape it down before heating?
I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
 
uoY_redruM
Old
#20  
uoY_redruM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1930
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks213 View Post
I used reg clear tape on the screen to make sure it stayed in one piece. And I also had double sided tape they sell for the screens itself. I cut diff shapes and to make sure the screen stayed on. Where you see the clamps is where I put the tape to make sure it stays on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
So you need tape then right? There's no way to stick it with existing? I just want to make sure I'm prepared lol.
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes